2024 4* DL Kamarion (Kam) Franklin (Ole Miss)

toddc

23 minutes ago, Pedaler said:

I have to wonder how much of this is orchestrated by the kids’ agents / influencers. The best way to increase your payout with x school is to flirt with y school that has more resources.

@Pedaler AU was in complete control til about 3 daus ago.

42 minutes ago, Zeek said:

Not to “cope” but Ole Miss spent a huge percentage of their NIL resources to get this kid.

I’m gonna keep on saying it … this mercenary culture in college athletics will eventually kill what we love.  Not saying that happened here.  Maybe the kids heart is in miss.  I want to win … but I want it with kids who love auburn and their teammates… see 2004 hard fighting soldiers…

• Like 3
  • Dislike 1

11 hours ago, auburnatl1 said:

We’re under similar pressure.

Eh…I disagree. Kiffin has egg on his face after he handled the end of last season (4-5 losses) and how he flirted with Auburn. OM’s fanbase turned on Lane pretty quickly and were ready to kick him to the curb. He‘s constantly looking for the next gig, and just this week talked about how they shouldn’t expect a great culture, and still has yet to get a signature win. Freeze just started, has done just about everything as good as he possibly could, and we’re moving things in a great direction. We just took recruits from Clemson (White), UGA (Riddick and another guy), and UA (Perry Thompson), and are on a pretty good roll for Freeze’s first incoming class. Auburn has higher expectations and more pressure than Ole Miss, but Freeze and Lane are trending in opposite directions. 

Edited by AUINSY
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, tbone4jc said:

This is why we don’t guarantee any recruits. Not that it jinxes anything just bad JuJu. When insiders start having “doubts” then it usually is bad for us.some advise, Just sit back, sip some tea and enjoy the process. Life is better when you do

What can I say? When yall are right you're right. I wish him good luck there!

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, ellitor said:

Ues because you clearly weren't including Kam in the way your post was worded.

Yea I was. I was including all the 5*s we lost out on. 

I am a little surprised at how he committed considering how close he is with HF and the D line coach. Seems like he would just pick Ole Miss and be done with it - like put on their hat or just announce it.
I would like to think that Ole Miss put him up to that and that he did not personally think that was a good idea. In the end I know it it does not really matter. People like the big stage. 

He is a great player and hopefully he sees things differently in a few months. 

We're still very very blessed with 2 outstanding five star players. I remember when we were competing for 3 star players during mashed potatoes Era. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

Silents suck again.  I just want the OL Carter.  I believe he's true to us but man others can see we can be outbid.  Don't like waiting nowadays with NIL

• Like 1

1 hour ago, tbone4jc said:

This is why we don’t guarantee any recruits. Not that it jinxes anything just bad JuJu. When insiders start having “doubts” then it usually is bad for us.some advise, Just sit back, sip some tea and enjoy the process. Life is better when you do

If a commitment means very little these days, then a silent commitment means next to nothing.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

The good thing  is 4 and 5 stars come out every year. Can even use the portal if need be.  The product on the field will speak volumes. We know the staff isn’t afraid to recruit against anyone. It will all work itself out . Better days are ahead. Win some lose some. War Eagle

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, TexasTiger said:

We’ll get him in a year or two.

Or when Kiffin leaves at the end of the season

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, AUGoo said:

Or when Kiffin leaves at the end of the season

Where will he go? Or maybe the better question is why? 
If he has a similar year to last year he is still OM’s best option and why would anyone try to steal him away when he looks like he has settled in at mediocrity. 

It’s very possible he has hit his ceiling there and is still the best they can do…at least in my mind. 

I would be surprised if this recruitment is over if their season doesn’t go well and we are able to soundly beat them. 

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, aujohnson said:

If he has a similar year to last year he is still OM’s best option and why would anyone try to steal him away when he looks like he has settled in at mediocrity. 

It’s very possible he has hit his ceiling there and is still the best they can do…at least in my mind. 

I would be surprised if this recruitment is over if their season doesn’t go well and we are able to soundly beat them. 

Kiffin is not going anywhere.  Ole Miss broke their bank getting him to stay and is not about to let him go.  Lane HAD to win this recruit.  The #1 player in Mississippi did not need to go out of state.  Ole Miss simply had to have him whatever it cost.

• Like 4

Actually I really want Carter more. That's who I know we can't afford to miss out on. But he came all the way from CA to visit us twice. I feel really good.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, aujohnson said:

He’ll go anywhere else…This is just who Lane is

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, tinman1 said:

Kiffin is not going anywhere.  Ole Miss broke their bank getting him to stay and is not about to let him go.  Lane HAD to win this recruit.  The #1 player in Mississippi did not need to go out of state.  Ole Miss simply had to have him whatever it cost.

It's not over till signing day. Then maybe he transfers in a year or two. 

I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again, my fingers are crossed that Lane follows Saban when the time comes. Inexplicably, they love him. I think Lane at Bama is the fastest way to see them deteriorate back to something close to the Shula days. 

• Like 3

24 minutes ago, NewYrkTiger said:

I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again, my fingers are crossed that Lane follows Saban when the time comes. Inexplicably, they love him. I think Lane at Bama is the fastest way to see them deteriorate back to something close to the Shula days. 

Lane can't get over his own butt to get Ol Miss to that next level. 

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, EricLCountry said:

We're still very very blessed with 2 outstanding five star players. I remember when we were competing for 3 star players during mashed potatoes Era. 

Just for S&G, does the name Linda Mae Dellenbach sound familiar?  

• Haha 1