2024 4* DL Kamarion (Kam) Franklin (Ole Miss)

toddc

• Like 2

3 hours ago, bigbird said:

You know where it is. COME hAUme!

1 hour ago, Paladin said:

Hope he's right! J Lee has been pretty solid this recruiting cycle from what I have seen. Definitely seems like it's an AU/TN battle with us having a flight edge. 60/40 maybe?

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, CT Tiger said:

Hope he's right! J Lee has been pretty solid this recruiting cycle from what I have seen. Definitely seems like it's an AU/TN battle with us having a flight edge. 60/40 maybe?

JLee is usually pretty reliable.   Here, he is correct. 

• Like 4

2 hours ago, CT Tiger said:

Definitely seems like it's an AU/TN battle with us having a flight edge. 60/40 maybe?

@CT Tiger 3 team race & Miami might be #2 right now. AU likely has more than a slight lead ATM IMO.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, ellitor said:

@CT Tiger 3 team race & Miami might be #2 right now. AU likely has more than a slight lead ATM IMO.

Oh wow that's the first I'm hearing of Miami making a push. Thanks! 

• Like 2

SEC program trending for coveted DL Kamarion Franklin ahead of his commitment

Keegan Pope•08/11/23

Photo by Chad Simmons/On3

One of the country’s top prospects will come off the board this weekend, as high four-star defensive tackle Kamarion Franklin out of Lake Cormorant (Miss.) told On3’s Hayes Fawcett that he will commit on August 19. 

The hulking 6-foot-5, 260-pounder is down to a top five of Tennessee, Miami, Auburn, Florida State, and Ole Miss. He took official visits with both the Volunteers and Hurricanes in June, as well as an unofficial visit to the Rebels and Tigers. 

At the end of July, he made stops again at Auburn and Miami, and according to On3 Director of Recruiting Chad Simmons, those teams, along with Tennessee, are at the top of his recruitment heading into decision day next week. 

“The buzz has been with Auburn,” Simmons said. “I’ve written this before, but they’ve come on strong and gained some momentum. They have made up a lot of ground over the summer on some other programs, and they received the last visit on the Monday before the dead period kicked in. That went extremely well. Tennessee has some buzz as well, he’s been there numerous times and they’re definitely a favorite school. 

… Miami is another school in the mix, they had him on campus right before the Auburn visit. Ole Miss has been in this for a long time, and you can’t totally count them out. But Auburn is the school with the most buzz right now with the commitment date being set. He also has an official visit date scheduled with them for Sept. 1, and right now it seems like Auburn has the most momentum with Miami and Tennessee right behind them.”

On Aug. 15, On3 national recruiting analyst Sam Spiegelman logged a pick in the On3 Recruiting Prediction Machine (RPM) for Franklin to land with the Tigers, placing it with a 65% confidence level. That pick, along with another placed by Warchantsenior recruiting analyst Michael Langston, gives Auburn an 89.3% chance to win Franklin’s recruitment. Ole Miss is a distant second at 2.7%.

You may also like

BREAKING: Missouri Tigers land commitment from the nation's No. 1 overall football recruit

Panthers insider reveals how Adam Thielen has adjusted to Carolina

5-star DL Eddrick Houston is set to reveal his commitment in one week

Auburn has a lot of momentum right now

Outside of Franklin, Auburn has been one of the hottest teams on the recruiting trail in the summer months. Despite missing out on Five-Star Plus+ safety KJ Boldenearlier this month, the Tigers flipped a pair of five-star commitments from SEC rivals in July, pulling wide receiver Perry Thompson away from Alabama and linebacker Demarcus Riddick away from Georgia. 

Hugh Freeze and Co. got another surprise win on the trail with four-star athlete Jalewis Solomon as well, beating out South Carolina — a program who had been heavily favored to land him. 

For more Auburn recruiting intel and team coverage, subscribe to AuburnLive. 

The Tigers are already sitting inside the top-15 of the On3 Industry Team Recruiting Rankings, and they could be be on the receiving end of more good news very soon.

• Like 2

Bird, Golf and I  told y'all before Big Cat that AU was about to put CFB on notice.   Some were rightly skeptical.   Some assumed that would mean multiple commitments at or immediately after BCW.   But, understand this staff is playing the long game.  They have commits in their pocket.    It is much better to announce 6 blue chips over 4 weeks than 6 on the same weekend.   I've said it multiple times, this is a new day for us.   Our donors are more engaged than in past years and the momentum continues to build and bring more into the fold.   We are more aligned now than in the past 20 years.   Enjoy the ride and know that it is being managed at a vert high level.  

• Like 5
  • Love 3

Four-star DL Kamarion Franklin could be Auburn's next commit

Taylor Jones

Austin Perryman/Auburn Athletics

One of the nation’s top defensive linemen from the 2024 cycle is set to announce his commitment on Saturday, and Auburn fans have every right to feel confident heading into the day.

Five-star defensive lineman Kamarion Franklin has been trending toward Auburn over the last two weeks. Last week, On3’s Cole Pinkston logged a prediction in favor of Auburn. Since then, two more recruiting experts feel that Franklin will land at Auburn. Christian Clemente of Auburn Undercover dropped a crystal ball on Aug. 10 for Auburn and On3’s Jeffrey Lee said on a recent episode of The Inside Scoop podcast that Auburn fans should feel “cautiously optimistic” about their favorite team earning Franklin’s commitment.

Buy Tigers Tickets

Relationships are a driving force behind Franklin’s commitment. Head coach Hugh Freeze and defensive line coach Jeremy Garrett have developed a strong one with Franklin.

“That visit right before the dead period kicked in that last week of July really, really played a big factor in (Franklin’s) recruitment,” Lee said. “Jeremy Garrett, Hugh Freeze both of those guys from the state of Mississippi — they’ve got ties, they’ve got really strong bonds with Kam. And so I think that’s really paying off for Auburn as we get near the decision. I think right now, Auburn is the team to beat. But Josh, we’ve seen things like this happen before and we know things can change late. But as of today, I do like where Auburn sits.”

Franklin is scheduled to announce his commitment on Saturday. In addition to Auburn, Franklin is also considering Ole Miss, Miami, and Tennessee. Franklin is the No. 7 overall defensive lineman for the 2024 class and is the top player from the state of Mississippi. On3’s Recruiting Prediction Machine gives Auburn an 89.3% chance to land him.

7 hours ago, toddc said:

Four-star DL Kamarion Franklin could be Auburn's next commit

Taylor Jones

Austin Perryman/Auburn Athletics

One of the nation’s top defensive linemen from the 2024 cycle is set to announce his commitment on Saturday, and Auburn fans have every right to feel confident heading into the day.

Five-star defensive lineman Kamarion Franklin has been trending toward Auburn over the last two weeks. Last week, On3’s Cole Pinkston logged a prediction in favor of Auburn. Since then, two more recruiting experts feel that Franklin will land at Auburn. Christian Clemente of Auburn Undercover dropped a crystal ball on Aug. 10 for Auburn and On3’s Jeffrey Lee said on a recent episode of The Inside Scoop podcast that Auburn fans should feel “cautiously optimistic” about their favorite team earning Franklin’s commitment.

Buy Tigers Tickets

Relationships are a driving force behind Franklin’s commitment. Head coach Hugh Freeze and defensive line coach Jeremy Garrett have developed a strong one with Franklin.

“That visit right before the dead period kicked in that last week of July really, really played a big factor in (Franklin’s) recruitment,” Lee said. “Jeremy Garrett, Hugh Freeze both of those guys from the state of Mississippi — they’ve got ties, they’ve got really strong bonds with Kam. And so I think that’s really paying off for Auburn as we get near the decision. I think right now, Auburn is the team to beat. But Josh, we’ve seen things like this happen before and we know things can change late. But as of today, I do like where Auburn sits.”

Franklin is scheduled to announce his commitment on Saturday. In addition to Auburn, Franklin is also considering Ole Miss, Miami, and Tennessee. Franklin is the No. 7 overall defensive lineman for the 2024 class and is the top player from the state of Mississippi. On3’s Recruiting Prediction Machine gives Auburn an 89.3% chance to land him.

Read this too fast while on a call for work and misread "Christian Clemente of Auburn Undercover dropped a crystal BAG on Aug. 10 for Auburn" and was like @LPTiger is right.....our donors are more aligned than ever when the junior recruiting analyst is dropping bags to help us out, lol! 

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, HAPvsOA said:

Read this too fast while on a call for work and misread "Christian Clemente of Auburn Undercover dropped a crystal BAG on Aug. 10 for Auburn" and was like @LPTiger is right.....our donors are more aligned than ever when the junior recruiting analyst is dropping bags to help us out, lol! 

Maybe instead of misreading it was a clairvoyant moment.....    Yesterday, Golf made me laugh out loud.   Today you did.   Life is good when the AU Board makes us laugh.

• Like 1
  • Love 2