If Trump is Convicted

TexasTiger

Before the convention, the Republican nominating process may get interesting. If that happens, I’m predicting they somehow manage to nominate Youngkin for President, Tim Scott for VP. That ticket likely wins.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-12373673/Is-time-Glenn-Youngkin-race-New-Virginia-poll-shows-governor-BEAT-Biden-head-head-seven-points-DeSantis-tie-president.html

Tex, I am openly going to say that this is my hope. That we get rid of both of these losers right before or maybe just after the conventions.

Imagine if you will a real election with two real life successful governors running for the WH: Newsom versus DeSantis.

That is a far more traditional and in my mind far more interesting and far more sane election. It is policy versus policy. It is accomplishment versus accomplishment. 

Right now all we have is cray cray versus demented old fool,and both are probably corrupt to the core.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, DKW 86 said:

Tex, I am openly going to say that this is my hope. That we get rid of both of these losers right before or maybe just after the conventions.

Imagine if you will a real election with two real life successful governors running for the WH: Newsom versus DeSantis.

That is a far more traditional and in my mind far more interesting and far more sane election. It is policy versus policy. It is accomplishment versus accomplishment. 

Right now all we have is cray cray versus demented old fool,and both are probably corrupt to the core.

Hopefully not Newsome. Bashear or Cooper, please. Would prefer Bashear against Hogan or Sununu.

• Like 1

First, there's no reason to suspect Trump won't get nominated.

Secondly, presidential polls this early are worthless IMO.

The abortion issue alone would put Biden over DeSantis in the general.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/2023/08/08/ohio-election-issue-1-abortion/

Ohio voters reject higher bar for altering constitution, a win for abortion rights supporters

Ahead of a November vote on abortion rights, Republican lawmakers wanted voters to make it more difficult to amend the state constitution

But you're probably right about Youngkin over Biden, but on age, not policy.

On 8/5/2023 at 6:08 AM, DKW 86 said:

I have never heard DeSantis discuss an actual policy, unless it's his policy of lighting fires to every culture war issue he can.  Newsom would, imo, not be much better. 

I'd vote for Sununu in a heartbeat.  Make it a tough choice and give me Sununu vs. Mitch Landrieu (former New Orleans mayor). 

This is Desantis in action... Suspending an elected state prosecutor without cause.

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/2024-election/ron-desantis-suspends-second-elected-prosecutor-monique-worrell-rcna98968

Edited by AU9377
  • Like 1

On 8/5/2023 at 8:02 AM, TexasTiger said:

Hopefully not Newsome. Bashear or Cooper, please. Would prefer Bashear against Hogan or Sununu.

God, if only Bernie was 20 years younger... kidding. I love him but his time passed.

• Facepalm 1