What airport is everyone flying into for Cal game

wareaglefan444

My son wants to go to Cal game, what airport is everyone flying in, I have done 0 research because I didn’t think we were going. Any help is appreciated 

Cab ride from San Francisco airport to Berkeley is around $87, give or take. There’s also a public transportation bus, it’ll take you from the San Francisco airport to Berkeley for $15 per person.

So obviously, the bus is less expensive but it does take an hour and a half by bus to get there. Probably about 30 minutes or less by cab pending traffic.

I was shocked at how reasonably affordable the hotels are in the Berkeley area. I was expecting them to be much more since it’s California, etc… Really similar prices to Auburn, Montgomery, Birmingham, etc..

• Love 1

1 hour ago, AU-24 said:

Cab ride from San Francisco airport to Berkeley is around $87, give or take. There’s also a public transportation bus, it’ll take you from the San Francisco airport to Berkeley for $15 per person.

So obviously, the bus is less expensive but it does take an hour and a half by bus to get there. Probably about 30 minutes or less by cab pending traffic.

I was shocked at how reasonably affordable the hotels are in the Berkeley area. I was expecting them to be much more since it’s California, etc… Really similar prices to Auburn, Montgomery, Birmingham, etc..

I would recommend scheduling an Uber or Lyft in advanced. It can get pretty hectic at a busy airport like SFO.

Luckily there will be thousands of Auburn family members out there so you won't feel alone.

I've been to SF once and was not impressed. It just felt dirty and weird. Then again what major city in the 2020's is actually desirable to visit? I'm sure SF was incredible 20-30 years ago.

The Golden Gate Bridge however is one of the most incredible things I've ever. It is mind-blowing how big it is in person. The Presidio was cool and laid back. Haight-Ashbury for the history. Don't go anywhere near the Tenderloin! I'd venture out to Napa if I was going or cruise up the coast and see some Redwoods.

Edited by woodford
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, woodford said:

I would recommend scheduling an Uber or Lyft in advanced. It can get pretty hectic at a busy airport like SFO.

Luckily there will be thousands of Auburn family members out there so you won't feel alone.

I've been to SF once and was not impressed. It just felt dirty and weird. Then again what major city in the 2020's is actually desirable to visit? I'm sure SF was incredible 20-30 years ago.

The Golden Gate Bridge however is one of the most incredible things I've ever. It is mind-blowing how big it is in person. The Presidio was cool and laid back. Haight-Ashbury for the history. Don't go anywhere near the Tenderloin! I'd venture out to Napa if I was going or cruise up the coast and see some Redwoods.

Screw all that go to Monterey and play Pebble Beach and Spyglass Hill golf courses. Once in a life time bucket list for golfers lucky for me its checked off.  I will say the Golden Gate Bridge is unbelievable 

• Like 3

When I've gone there, I never flew into SFO. It was always cheaper and more convenient to take SWA into OAK or SJC. OAK looks closer to the stadium, but SJC is not a bad Uber. 

7 hours ago, woodford said:

Then again what major city in the 2020's is actually desirable to visit?

Probably hundreds of them

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, augolf1716 said:

Screw all that go to Monterey and play Pebble Beach and Spyglass Hill golf courses. Once in a life time bucket list for golfers lucky for me its checked off.  I will say the Golden Gate Bridge is unbelievable 

My former father-n-law lived in Tuscaloosa and was scheduled to play at Augusta National about 12 years ago.  Wouldn't you know that a snow storm hit and dumped about 12 inches on them and he couldn't even make it out of the driveway, so he never made it there.  He was a scratch golfer and had about 8 holes in one when he died.

Edited by gctiger
  • Sad 1

56 minutes ago, gctiger said:

My former father-n-law lived in Tuscaloosa and was scheduled to play at Augusta about 12 years ago.  Wouldn't you know that a snow storm hit and dumped about 12 inches on them and he couldn't even make it out of the driveway, so he never made it there.  He was a scratch golfer and had about 8 holes in one when he died.

Golf makes me itch too! 

• Haha 1

Flying into SFO with 9 other couples on Wednesday.   3 nights in Napa.   Big victory on Saturday.   Staying at a hotel near SFO Saturday night.  Returning to Alabama Sunday morning. 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, W.E.D said:

Probably hundreds of them

Of course. Every big city in this country is fun to visit, unless you're too scared by the media to figure it out. 

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, cbo said:

Of course. Every big city in this country is fun to visit, unless you're too scared by the media to figure it out. 

Tenderloin is bad, don't disagree, but if you can't find amazing things in virtual every major city in this country and world, you aren't trying.

What's funny is the guy went on to describe amazing things he saw in San Francisco.

9 hours ago, cbo said:

Too scared lol I guess I was just hallucinating when I saw the tent cities in SF and DC.

Every place has some redeeming qualities. I said it was probably great 20-30 years ago. That goes for most major cities. I'm just not into it that much. Not to mention the crime that has risen the past few years. They're just undesirable at the moment. 

I dig small towns like Auburn way more than some concrete jungle. I know that makes me so ignorant and backwards and I'm fine with that.

• Like 2