Mitch McConnell Has Another "Scary Episode" While In a Q&A Session With Reporters.

CoffeeTiger

Another similar situation of seemingly losing awareness of where he is and what he's doing. in a second longer video in the replies McConnell tries to give some answers to a couple of press questions that he doesn't seem to hear or understand until his aid loudly tells him the subject/question directly into his ear and then he is slowly led away from the podium to the back while he appears to just continue staring straight ahead. 

1 hour ago, I_M4_AU said:

Not good, for his own health and well being he needs to retire immediately.

Notice his eyes.   He looks up and his eyes stay dead still with no blinks until the aide gets really close to him. It is a very cold, far off, blank stare.  I don't understand how a family allows their loved one to go through this.  This is now happened twice in 14 days.   It has to be happening in private as well, right?      

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

6 minutes ago, LPTiger said:

Notice his eyes.   He looks up and his eyes stay dead still with no blinks until the aide gets really close to him. It is a very cold, far off, blank stare.  I don't understand how a family allows their loved one to go through this.  This is now happened twice in 14 days.   It has to be happening in private as well, right?      

It looked like he was gathering himself and waiting for help to arrive, afraid to move from his position which was stable for the moment.  Sometimes decisions need to be made for you in that state.  Feinstein and Fetterman come to mind, same ego driven decisions.  

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

5 minutes ago, I_M4_AU said:

It looked like he was gathering himself and waiting for help to arrive, afraid to move from his position which was stable for the moment.  Sometimes decisions need to be made for you in that state.  Feinstein and Fetterman come to mind, same ego driven decisions.  

Agree.  Notice the death grip he has on the podium.   I think something is going on that is effecting his equilibrium.

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, TexasTiger said:

Her heart felt concern is touching.

IMG_7945.jpeg

Yes that’s the real concern here.

geez these people are ghouls. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, AUDub said:

Yes that’s the real concern here.

geez these people are ghouls. 

These people are just like those people. Ghouls, ghouls all around 

• Like 1

Really does make you wonder who’s controlling these aging career bureaucrats who appear to have no idea where they are?  Are they being forced to continue on?  Their families are just going along with it?

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

4 hours ago, AUDevil said:

Really does make you wonder who’s controlling these aging career bureaucrats who appear to have no idea where they are?  Are they being forced to continue on?  Their families are just going along with it?

I think it’s mostly hubris. 

• Like 1

Luckily for McConnell, he's got better healthcare/insurance available to him for the rest of his life than a majority of Americans have access to. Hopefully he's fully taking advantage of that. 

• Like 2

My understanding is that he did not seek treatment after the first public episode, but he is seeking treatment now.   Some people are afraid to find out that they have something serious going on.   I saw an article this morning and if I recall correctly there are 20 members of congress over the age of 80?  My parents are 82 and 84.   They still live independently and both still drive.  But the difference in them today and just 2 years ago is readily evident.  I understand that people age differently, but IMO at 80 it is time to move over and give someone else a chance.

• Like 3

This is not about party politics. Both Feinstein and McConnell are no longer capable of functioning as U.S. Senators. They both need to be replaced ASAP.

• Like 1

He needs to go ASPA for his good as well as the country’s.

• 2 weeks later...
21 hours ago, TexasTiger said:

Where’s ASPA?

ASAP!!! Typo!