what has happenned to Dabo?

aubiefifty

did he have us all fooled? did the change in assistant coaches hurt him that much? they looked unbeatable and it has gotten so bad he brought chad morris back in and they still suck. he can forget bama ar this rate. hell they might let him go if he has another bad year or two. i never cared for him much other than he took care of his mother.

9 minutes ago, aubiefifty said:

did the change in assistant coaches hurt him that much?

Yes, it did hurt him. I think Venables (DC) and Elliot (OC), as well as Clemson's administrative lack of turnover and consistency season to season, were Clemson's keys to success. Now that they're gone, so is their success, IMO.

That, and now they have Chad Morris back on staff.

Edited by AUINSY
  • Like 1

43 minutes ago, AUINSY said:

Yes, it did hurt him. I think Venables (DC) and Elliot (OC), as well as Clemson's administrative lack of turnover and consistency season to season, were Clemson's keys to success. Now that they're gone, so is their success, IMO.

i saw the starting clempson qb refused to shake dabo's hand coming back to the sideline. i believe they have some serious issues.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, AUINSY said:

There's a reason Venables was one of the ones I had my heart set on. Remember that when he got there, they had just been destroyed by WV.

That said, what has really done him in is his refusal to adapt to the TP/NIL.

Edited by AUwent
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, AUwent said:

There's a reason Venables was one of the ones I had my heart set on. Remember that when he got there, they had just been destroyed by WV.

That said, what has really done him in is his refusal to adapt to the TP/NIL.

You’re absolutely right @AUwent, great point! Especially after those two have gone. They may have been able to cover those flaws of Dabo up with their elite recruiting and coaching, but their absence has most definitely exposed that weakness of Dabo.  

Edited by AUINSY
  • Like 1

It's been ONE game.  This talk is a bit extreme and quite frankly ridiculous after ONE game.   Pump the brakes and let's see how the season plays out. 

3 minutes ago, WarTiger said:

It's been ONE game.  This talk is a bit extreme and quite frankly ridiculous after ONE game.   Pump the brakes and let's see how the season plays out. 

they have not done as well the last couple of years. this is a continuation and not a one game omg. make sense?

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, WarTiger said:

One game in a pattern of a few seasons and many games. They are going down hill. 

3 hours ago, aubiefifty said:

did he have us all fooled? did the change in assistant coaches hurt him that much? they looked unbeatable and it has gotten so bad he brought chad morris back in and they still suck. he can forget bama ar this rate. hell they might let him go if he has another bad year or two. i never cared for him much other than he took care of his mother.

He has won 10 or more games like 12 years in a row. He won 11 games last year and won the ACC championship. He played for 4 national titles in a 5 year span, the last being in 2019. He has a top 10 recruiting class every year. 

Last year Duke went 9-4 so with this win, they're 10-4 under Mike Elko. It's been 1 game and people act like the world's ending. Just like everybody wants to act like Deion is now Nick Saban because he beat a s***ty TCU team that lost most of their stars from last season. Colorado will definitely be right at home in the Big 12 next season because they're all offense and not a lick of defense.

Just people overreacting but that's the world we live in unfortunately.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, aubiefifty said:

i saw the starting clempson qb refused to shake dabo's hand coming back to the sideline. i believe they have some serious issues.

I noticed that also, and Dabo just looked back as if he was stunned.

• Like 1

He benefitted greatly from back to back to back elite college QBs like Deshaun Watson, Tajh Boyd, and Trevor Lawrence. Last year’s and this year’s QBs aren’t at that level. But I agree with those who believe it is way too early to declare the end of their run. 

Edited by Gowebb11
  • Like 3

The Clemson fans I see talk about Dabo online believe his problems are due to his lack of willingness to use the transfer portal or take full advantage of NIL. 

Dabo is apparently an 'old school' type of coach and is resisting all the changes to college football that many of his peers are taking advantage of. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, CoffeeTiger said:

The Clemson fans I see talk about Dabo online believe his problems are due to his lack of willingness to use the transfer portal or take full advantage of NIL. 

Dabo is apparently an 'old school' type of coach and is resisting all the changes to college football that many of his peers are taking advantage of. 

He had some great recruiting success in areas that used to be strong Auburn/Tennessee/USCeast/FSU territories. Those programs plus the likes of UNC rising up again is going to squeeze his recruiting base a good bit too. 

On 9/5/2023 at 6:14 PM, Gowebb11 said:

He benefitted greatly from back to back to back elite college QBs like Deshaun Watson, Tajh Boyd, and Trevor Lawrence. Last year’s and this year’s QBs aren’t at that level. But I agree with those who believe it is way too early to declare the end of their run. 

Those three were huge difference makers in Clemson's run.   They will probably continue to win 9 games or better, but being a consistent playoff fixture?  Looks like those days are done.  Clemson's offense is a mess and Kade Klubnik is not in the same tier as Boyd, Lawrence and Watson.

• Like 1

What happened to him was loss of quality coordinators and not utilizing the transfer portal because of his own personal ego.

On 9/5/2023 at 7:14 PM, Gowebb11 said:

See, I love this argument (because I see it all the time)...by that logic Nick is the only actual good coach in CFB. The fact that he got those players is an endorsement, not indictment.

Pure and simple, Dabo was a great coach who has refused to adapt.

Edited by AUwent
  • Like 2

6 minutes ago, AUwent said:

The fact that he got those players is an endorsement, not indictment.

I fell far short of inducting him. Lol

Edited by Gowebb11
  • Like 1