The CAL QB is out for the game supposedly

aubiefifty

according to a guy on the auburn board of the rant. i have found nothing on the Cal sites. anyone heard anything?

well he said likely. also it was on the rant board and not the team board but auburn fans are saying it. and they say it will not bode well for us under the "auburn just beinf auburn.

Edited by aubiefifty

They play at Cal Memorial Stadium, 63k capacity.  That would be a major deal if their starter is out, which I've heard nothing about...

Edit:

Definitely not sold out yet, you can buy groups of up to 9 tickets together on StubHub.

• Thanks 4

19 minutes ago, stoic-one said:

They play at Cal Memorial Stadium, 63k capacity.  That would be a major deal if their starter is out, which I've heard nothing about...

Edit:

Definitely not sold out yet, you can buy groups of up to 9 tickets together on StubHub.

Well, they played without him last week, and looked great

Edited by gr82b4au

We bought 12 tickets direct from the school website.  I heard they average 30k a game.  I’ve had this game circled for awhile.  I bet it’ll be similar to a Vandy game.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, bostic up the middle said:

just rant through a few of their sub-reddits and nothing mentioned there.🤷‍♂️

i knew it! it is mental warfare hoping auburn will ease up now............grins

31 minutes ago, TitanTiger said:

The guy that started was hurt early. His replacement did quite well though. He was 24 of 34 for 279 yds, 1 TD and 1 INT and spread the ball around well. 

I believe I’ve read he’s “day to day” but dressed out at practice.

California’s Memorial Stadium has the Haywood fault line running end zone to end zone. 😳  they put in field tuff so it not visible like it once was   image.jpeg.ad37c22fb57cec289133fc6cef38a3d5.jpeg
image.thumb.jpeg.e217db7c51625083e2109def6492cb03.jpeg

Jake Spavital should not be underestimated. 

Coached a Cal offense that ranked fourth in the nation in passing offense (358.8), 10th in total offense (513.2) and 22nd in scoring offense (37.1 ppg) among eight top 25 national rankings
– Helped Cal establish single-school records for pass completions (383), first downs by penalty (35), fewest fumbles lost (3) and fewest turnovers (15) while equaling a school mark for field goals made (22) - https://calbears.com/sports/football/roster/coaches/jake-spavital/5626

Edited by Chaotic_zx
  • Like 2

He left the previous game with an injury to his non-throwing shoulder, but he is a dual-threat runner.

That said, his backup played very well last game. Their OL played better than in past years, and they have a decent RB. Their defense looked good. Of course, that was a cupcake game, just as Auburn played a cupcake game.

This is not a gimmee. Cal will be ready. Traveling across country, will Auburn? I sure hope so. Auburn's front 7 on defense is going to have to step up much better than they played against UMass.

• Like 2

I lived in SF during the great fun 90s and being an academic type, I enjoyed my time in Berkeley. One of the great university towns in the U.S. An amazingly beautiful campus. In sports, they are elite in Director's Cup -- the kind of sports that the SEC schools pay little attention to. But as a sideline sport for us guys, the coeds are beautiful. I mean, yes, beautiful.

All of that is non-football. But for Auburn fans traveling to Berkeley, there are some awesome international restaurants (the Ethiopian restaurant is A+) and incredible bookstores (Moe's is one of the very best nationally) in the campus town area.

And of course, being in the Bay Area, restaurants featuring great California wines should not be missed.

Wish I could afford the trip. WDE!

Edited by AURex
  • Like 2

15 hours ago, aubiefifty said:

according to a guy on the auburn board of the rant. i have found nothing on the Cal sites. anyone heard anything?

I haven’t read the entire thread, but he practiced today, he’s listed as day to day, I would imagine he will be playing.

• Like 3

43 minutes ago, AU-24 said:

I haven’t read the entire thread, but he practiced today, he’s listed as day to day, I would imagine he will be playing.

i posted cals stuff concerning the auburn game. i got the head coach and the two  coordinators as well as one of the qb's named finley. he bsaid he expected the main guy to start and he would be ready if needed.

20 hours ago, aubiefifty said:

He got hurt last week and their backup came in and they didn't seem to miss a beat. 

I think we'll be ok regardless. We are definitely more talented than they are and I think if it's still a close game after 3 quarters, we will start wearing them down because we play so many players along our lines. We didn't show everything in our playbook against UMass. I think Freeze let's Coach Montgomery open it up against Cal. Even if we struggle in the passing game, Cal has no answers for all of our RB's, plus Robby Ashford. That really wears a defense down when you have a long drive down field and then when we get into the redzone, BAM, you get a dose of Robby running over you. Once we get into SEC play, those defenses will adjust to what we do and we'll have to adjust as well. But for the Cal game, I think we will simply run all over them. 

I only worry about jet lag and a 9:30 pm cst kickoff but Freeze seems to have a good plan for that as well. 

• Like 2

12 hours ago, TeamZero77 said:

I only worry about jet lag and a 9:30 pm cst kickoff but Freeze seems to have a good plan for that as well. 

Jet lag is a real thing and the change in daylight biological times have some effect,  but these are 18-23 year old kids.   Virtually all of them stay up really  late playing video games and/or dicking around on the internet.  They really do not have good sleeping habits to begin with.  A game that goes until  1:00 am  by their body clock is not that big of a deal.  Telling a collage age kid they have to stay up late is an easy sell.    Now going the other way...  lets hope in 2024  we return the favor by having an 11:00am kick off when Cal comes to Auburn.  That's ,  what? ,  an  9:00am  kickoff by their body clock.  Their guys will have to get up  in the wee hours of the morning (body clock time) to play.  Sell that to your collage age son.  LOL

Edited by Quietmaninthecorner
time fix
  • Like 3