Mitt Romney announces he won't seek re-election for another term in U.S. Senate.

AU9377

On 9/14/2023 at 12:39 PM, Gowebb11 said:

A very decent honest man who actually tried to represent his constituents and always managed to rise above the sophomoric fray of so many of his colleagues. 

Wait is this the racist misogynist dog crate baron that wanted to put ya”ll back in chains?  

I can disagree with someone and still respect that person.  There are also people that I may agree with on some issue, but have no respect for.  It certainly doesn't matter what letter they place next to their name when that determination is made.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Leftfield said:

Except for the fact that I've openly explained in the past why I choose not to engage with you. And that I was asking GoAU specifically, since he had given no reason and can actually carry an intelligent conversation.

BS.

On 9/13/2023 at 4:18 PM, AU9377 said:

He cites his age and the need to pass the torch to the next generation.  He also re-asserts his belief that the MAGA wing of the Republican party is a dead end for the party and will be incapable of leading.  Ofcourse, Donald Trump wasted no time in showing a lack of class in his comments on Romney.

https://www.politico.com/news/2023/09/13/trump-celebrates-romneys-2024-retirement-announcement-00115697

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/mitt-romney-not-running-for-reelection-senate-2024/

It is a shame that so many Democrats and Republicans hate what seems to be a perfect example of statesmanship. I know Dems that think he is the embodiment of pure evil. <fer> and now the MAGAsm hate the man too. <fer>

Edited by DKW 86

On 9/15/2023 at 8:44 PM, AU9377 said:

I can disagree with someone and still respect that person.  There are also people that I may agree with on some issue, but have no respect for.  It certainly doesn't matter what letter they place next to their name when that determination is made.

On this board, the one and only thing I would say is consistent with you is that you PLACE a letter by people's names and mindlessly react to them accordingly.

I am 100% Indie Prog. I know you react to me as if I had a R burned into my forehead. You don't listen. You don't care to listen at any level. You do exactly what you said you don't do every day on this forum.

Pin on Quotes

• Facepalm 1

8 hours ago, DKW 86 said:

On this board, the one and only thing I would say is consistent with you is that you PLACE a letter by people's names and mindlessly react to them accordingly.

I am 100% Indie Prog. I know you react to me as if I had a R burned into my forehead. You don't listen. You don't care to listen at any level. You do exactly what you said you don't do every day on this forum.

Pin on Quotes

I am actually never reacting to you.  I have no doubt that we could be great friends.  I only react to what I read.  You likely think that I am some far left liberal that has tunnel vision.  That could not be farther from reality.  It only seems that way because many of the issues that I respond to on these boards are issues being pushed by the far right.  I don't feel the need to adopt some false equivalency where I don't believe one exists.  The last thing it is ... is personal.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, DKW 86 said:

It is a shame that so many Democrats and Republicans hate what seems to be a perfect example of statesmanship. I know Dems that think he is the embodiment of pure evil. <fer> and now the MAGAsm hate the man too. <fer>

I also believe that Romney is a statesman.  I respect the man.

• Like 1