*Official Auburn vs. Samford Game Thread*

abw0004

1 minute ago, DAG said:

The stats don’t match the feel of this game …so bizarre. I don’t know what I think of this team. 

I feel the same. Gonna need to digest this one a little 

• Like 2

Just now, bishoptf said:

Agree...I keep hoping to see more pregress but so far just more of the same...I keep hoping that something changes and things start to look better but some of the first half play calling near the goal line was atrocious. Hoping that the SEC games are competitive and we can see some progress, at least he is recruiting better than the potato bunch so at least that is a positive, I was just hoping the in game coaching was going to be better...I know its still early...

I never thought Freeze would have us being world-beaters in year 1, so 3-0 is a good place to be.  We forget sometimes how depleted Malzahn/Harsin left the roster. These guys are still trying to mesh and unfortunately there are going to be some ass kickings up ahead. 

• Like 2

big test next week. even if we manage to get a win in college station, im still not sure we'll know all that much. there are flashes of brilliance then no movement at all, offensively speaking.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, bigbird said:

I feel the same. Gonna need to digest this one a little 

The play-calling is..hell, I don’t know what it is.

Edited by Swamp Eagle
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, Swamp Eagle said:

The play-calling is..he’ll, I don’t know what it is.

Schizophrenic and discombobulated 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Swamp Eagle said:

I never thought Freeze would have us being world-beaters in year 1, so 3-0 is a good place to be.  We forget sometimes how depleted Malzahn/Harsin left the roster. These guys are still trying to mesh and unfortunately there are going to be some ass kickings up ahead. 

Harsin and Malzahn would both have us at 3-0 at this point.

• Like 1
  • Dislike 1

1 minute ago, Swamp Eagle said:

The play-calling is..he’ll, I don’t know what it is.

Agree..play calling has been pretty bad so far at least on the offensive side of the ball, defense looks pretty decent to be honest.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, DAG said:

The stats don’t match the feel of this game …so bizarre. I don’t know what I think of this team. 

It was being tied at 0 until what-midway through the 2nd quarter? that really keeps me from being  impressed by the stat line. Quality of opponent, 7 turnovers in 7 quarters. Thorne made some nice runs and passes, but it was later in the game against an FCS opponent who was likely lacking depth and stamina. 

• Like 1

Just now, ShocksMyBrain said:

They both would've lost to Cal

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, fasttimes said:

nah, both would have lost to cal.

1 minute ago, bigbird said:

high-five.gif

• Haha 3

Just now, bigbird said:

If we want to play alternate hypothetical--we also should've lost to Cal. 3 missed field goals, a missed TD on the 3rd play of the game, 4 turnovers. Cal literally gave us that game on a silver platter and we almost said "nah, we're good".

Just now, ShocksMyBrain said:

If we want to play alternate hypothetical--we also should've lost to Cal. 3 missed field goals, a missed TD on the 3rd play of the game, 4 turnovers. Cal literally gave us that game on a silver platter and we almost said "nah, we're good".

Sorry. HF actually did win the game. The hypos only involve Gus and Potato…

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, ShocksMyBrain said:

Harsin didn’t recruit so we would be down about 10 starters over what Freeze got us. 

I’ve been prepared for being (.potentially significant) underdogs for the next month.  But I have to admit I was thinking we’d be further along than we look at this point. We’ll see.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, auburnatl1 said:

I’ve been prepared for being (.potentially significant) underdogs for the next month.  But I have to admit I was thinking we’d be further along than we look at this point. We’ll see.

Just shows what a hole we were in. 

2 minutes ago, auburnatl1 said:

same. maybe just more hoping we would be further along than expecting it. we;ll see how it goes next week. beating a&m will get a lot of milege since we would be beating both jimbo and patrino.

Just now, fasttimes said:

same. maybe just more hoping we would be further along than expecting it. we;ll see how it goes next week. beating a&m will get a lot of milege since we would be beating both jimbo and patrino.

Love your optimism. Im just hoping we don’t get curb stomped 

15 minutes ago, DAG said:

I will say this, Fairweather has to get more involved in this offense. He is NFL ready.

Easily the best player from the portal. 

• Like 1