Anyone get nervous when Thorne runs?

aubiefifty

i love he can run but i felt like he took a couple of hits he should not have by not protecting himself enough. he took a couple of hits that made me nervous. maybe i am overthinking? i do not worry about robby as he seems to be made to take a little more punishment. also i was laughing that someone was bitching about his haircut. it is some kind of viking look to me but something kept bugging me until i figured it out. thorne has the same haircut as Butthead does. i post the picture for proof Someone call the auburn uni media folks................grins

imago0138481756w.jpg

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

I get nervous when any AU player touches the ball. Even the ball boy.  Thank God it’s a football and not a baby. AU is flat out awful when it comes to turnovers. It’s going to get us beat this year a few times. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, JDUBB4AU said:

I get nervous when any AU player touches the ball. Even the ball boy.  Thank God it’s a football and not a baby. AU is flat out awful when it comes to turnovers. It’s going to get us beat this year a few times. 

i have tempered my expectations as we were in serious trouble when freeze took over and it will take more than a year to right the ship. we have so many injuries. is it stutts was talking about just killing folks in the cal game? he was hurt early on and so was too tall whoever that is and it hurt the line some. but i take joy in every sinlge game we win. and i think we sneak up on one of the better teams and beat them. but i am just a fan and certainly not an expert. i do think we might have built on some things yesterday but injuries have me nervous.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, AUDevil said:

If he gets injured we’re one guy closer to Downtown Hank Brown.  I’m not worried at all.

i was hoping our other qb's would get some time but thorne needed the work. he scares me the way he runs. he does not slide or protect himself as much as i think he needs to and i am afraid he will get hurt. he got popped some yesterday. i would love to see more of hank. freeze is high on him and says he can make all the throws. i think he brought hank with him when he came here for a safety valve.

12 minutes ago, Mikey said:

Thorne: 11 carries, 123 yards, AU's #1 rusher. C'mon, the guy is a Bo Jackson/Nick Marshall hybrid. Run Thorne run!  :) :)

With a curly mullet 

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

6 hours ago, Mikey said:

Thorne: 11 carries, 123 yards, AU's #1 rusher. C'mon, the guy is a Bo Jackson/Nick Marshall hybrid. Run Thorne run!  :) :)

According to Locked On Auburn, Thorne was close to being the only Auburn QB ever to throw for 300 yds and run for 100 yds in a game. But he only had 282 passing. Freeze said that if he had known that, he probably would have put Thorne back in.

Edited by yngwie1995
  • Like 1

I don’t want to see him get hurt obviously but it doesn’t make me nervous when he runs. I remember when Cam would take a hit and stay down for a second my heart would stop because he carried that whole team. I don’t think there’s a huge drop off if Robby or HG come in the game. Thorne has made some good throws but has regularly made bad decisions and is a turnover machine. If he throws and runs all over A&M my opinion will change. 

• Like 2

I think the biggest differences are:

1) Robby is faster - not just faster than Throne, but faster than just about everyone.  
2) Payton is more accurate, and most of the time makes better decisions on the throws (but the forced throw into double coverage when #14 was wide open on the drag keeps coming to mind)

3) And for me one of the biggest differences is when Payton is flushed from the pocket he still keeps his eyes downfield and looks to throw and once Robbie tucks, he’s just off to the races (not necessarily a bad thing with his speed - but sometimes there are better options downfield).  

• Like 3

29 minutes ago, BustemBigBlue said:

I don’t want to see him get hurt obviously but it doesn’t make me nervous when he runs. I remember when Cam would take a hit and stay down for a second my heart would stop because he carried that whole team. I don’t think there’s a huge drop off if Robby or HG come in the game. Thorne has made some good throws but has regularly made bad decisions and is a turnover machine. If he throws and runs all over A&M my opinion will change. 

I only remember Cam doing that against uga. I figured he was doing it just to piss them off.

6 minutes ago, yngwie1995 said:

I only remember Cam doing that against uga. I figured he was doing it just to piss them off.

Oh no, that was all season long.   I think that (and my 6 kids) is what caused my hair to start turning gray. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, aubiefifty said:

thorne has the same haircut as Butthead does.

I texted someone last night he and Danny Rexon from Crazy Lixx (80s metal influenced band) have to be brothers from another mother...

Danny-Rexon-Crazy-lixx.jpg

2 hours ago, yngwie1995 said:

According to Locked On Auburn, Thorne was close to being the only Auburn QB ever to throw for 300 yds and run for 100 yds in a game. But he only had 282 passing. Freeze said that if he had known that, he probably would have put Thorne back in.

Which begs the question. Are we not appreciating him as much as we should?? Had a beautiful game winning TD throw last week as well. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Love 1

9 minutes ago, GreenTiger said:

Which begs the question. Are we not appreciating him as much as we should?? Had a beautiful game winning TD throw last week as well. 

The interceptions take the shine off of what he accomplished for me. I don't expect zero interceptions but multiple in the same game is too many. 

He definitely ran yesterday like he was trying to prove a point, which I respect considering the conversation around him leading up until the game. That being said, that type of running doesn’t get you too far without getting your head knocked off against the athletes in the SEC. I’m choosing to believe he’ll be a lot smarter when he sees a Georgia linebacker meeting him a couple weeks from now 

4 hours ago, GoAU said:

Oh no, that was all season long.   I think that (and my 6 kids) is what caused my hair to start turning gray. 

his come back against bama and acting hurt was the best.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, JDUBB4AU said:

I wish your  "a few times"<=6 😉 

Since he is what the coaches consider their best option for throwing the ball, I was immensely nervous when he started attacking Samford like he was Cam or Nick.  He made it even worse when he was willing to drop his shoulder and take hits to pick up yards/first downs/TDs. I think he is settling any need to bring Robby in to run, by marching it in himself.  That said, I do not want to see the offense where he is injured.

You’re not the only one…I like the spunk he shows to go the extra effort but he needs to slide. Them hits add up and we need him obviously. Ask Sean White.

6 hours ago, GoAU said:

I specifically remember him doing it in the National Title game against Oregon. Had me scared to death.

9 hours ago, Strychnine said:

Since he is what the coaches consider their best option for throwing the ball, I was immensely nervous when he started attacking Samford like he was Cam or Nick.  He made it even worse when he was willing to drop his shoulder and take hits to pick up yards/first downs/TDs. I think he is settling any need to bring Robby in to run, by marching it in himself.  That said, I do not want to see the offense where he is injured.

Me neither! Apparently Geriner isn't ready enough to suit the coaches and Robbie (bless his heart) simply cannot give us the offense we need to beat a good opponent.

14 hours ago, GreenTiger said:

i love this! we have already been picked by some to win this saturday. 

20 minutes ago, aubiefifty said:

i love this! we have already been picked by some to win this saturday. 

I'm not holding my breath.