2025 Recruiting Thread

Zeek

On 2/5/2024 at 8:30 PM, Sizzle said:

He just wasn’t coming to Auburn. If a new coach who’s only known you a week gets you, then Auburn never had a real chance

Looks like Antonio Coleman is still with AU, but Bama and a few more are not out of the picture per him. 

On 2/4/2024 at 2:00 PM, AUApostle said:

Shouldn’t get beat out by UCF for a kid.

I totally agree. They'll find out the cold hard truth  after three years of going 8-4, if not worse.

Should we be worried? I know it's super duper early but it just seems like we're on a bit of a cold streak with regards to targets naming their favorites.

2 hours ago, AUwent said:

Should we be worried? I know it's super duper early but it just seems like we're on a bit of a cold streak with regards to targets naming their favorites.

Yes absolutely be worried

• Love 1
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, AUwent said:

You already starting?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 2/17/2024 at 4:49 PM, milehighfan said:

I totally agree. They'll find out the cold hard truth  after three years of going 8-4, if not worse.

Wish AU would go 8-4 . Damn 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, JDUBB4AU said:

Wish AU would go 8-4 . Damn 

We will, but if you're truly longing for 8-4 UCF is available to cheer for. 😁

• Haha 1
  • Angry 1

9 hours ago, bigbird said:

We will, but if you're truly longing for 8-4 UCF is available to cheer for. 😁

I’m longing to have a damn winning season . Gus sucks. 

• Like 2

Just now, JDUBB4AU said:

I’m longing to have a damn winning season . Gus sucks. 

Me too!

its-been84years-its-been-a-long-time.gif

I think our upcoming season, more than any other in recent memory, is the most unpredictable we've seen.  

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, bigbird said:

Me too!

I think our upcoming season, more than any other in recent memory, is the most unpredictable we've seen.  

Nailed it !!! Lol

• Thanks 1

The schedule is brutal next year with Georgia and Alabama away. I'll be happy with gradual improvement each year. I truly think the thing recruits want to see is a program moving in the right direction. That and NIL money!

• Like 1

8 hours ago, bigbird said:

Me too!

I just want one more (reg season) win—if not we’d BETTER be starting at least 15 players who will be back next year.

Edited by AUwent

4 hours ago, shabby said:

The schedule is brutal next year with Georgia and Alabama away. I'll be happy with gradual improvement each year. I truly think the thing recruits want to see is a program moving in the right direction. That and NIL money!

Going to have to over achieve then because I see us having the same regular season record with gradual improvement hinging on the bowl game. Don’t think we see a true 180 until after this upcoming class. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, DAG said:

Going to have to over achieve then because I see us having the same regular season record with gradual improvement hinging on the bowl game. Don’t think we see a true 180 until after this upcoming class. 

Absolutely disagree. We will be a better team next year. Offensive line will be better receivers will be better running back stable will be better and more experienced. And I think the coaching staff is better and more and sink with one another. Let's revisit in 9 months

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, shabby said:

Absolutely disagree. We will be a better team next year. Offensive line will be better receivers will be better running back stable will be better and more experienced. And I think the coaching staff is better and more and sink with one another. Let's revisit in 9 months

We will but it’s not hard being better than a team with a losing record. The fact of the matter is the other teams we are playing will also be better and the schedule as a whole is tougher. 

1 hour ago, DAG said:

49 minutes ago, DAG said:

We will but it’s not hard being better than a team with a losing record. The fact of the matter is the other teams we are playing will also be better and the schedule as a whole is tougher. 

I think it’s about equal…the two toughest teams on schedule last year were at home. *At least in theory*, I feel like in a rebuilding process it’s better to get the teams that you’d have a better shot at beating on a neutral field anyway. Put it this way—all other things being the same would you want a presidential candidate from whatever largest state is opposite your party (CA or TX) or from a swing state?

But if you’re correct and we have as many senior starters as we’re projected to, that would be COMPLETELY UNACCEPTABLE. 

Edited by AUwent

42 minutes ago, DAG said:

No not all teams we play will be better next year. Alabama will be worse. Arky will still be bad. Kentucky we didn't play last year. California will be an easier game. Texas a&m will be an unknown. We should do better this year. 7 and 5 or 8 and 4 are possible and reasonable expectations with a year two coach putting a team back together in a conference as tough as this one.  

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, shabby said:

No not all teams we play will be better next year. Alabama will be worse. Arky will still be bad. Kentucky we didn't play last year. California will be an easier game. Texas a&m will be an unknown. We should do better this year. 7 and 5 or 8 and 4 are possible and reasonable expectations with a year two coach putting a team back together in a conference as tough as this one.  

Alabama being worse means absolutely nothing because they still have a quality coach , like the Aggies with more than enough talent to match. Kentucky is a toss up. Missouri will probably be favorites. Then you still have UGA, Oklahoma. Those are six games that are either toss ups or teams who absolutely can match us in talent. Then , BECAUSE I KNOW OUR MEMORIES ARE SHORT, you absolutely cannot overlook a single team, whether that be Cal or Louisiana-Monroe. This team is not good enough top to bottom to do that. 

Edited by DAG

2 hours ago, DAG said:

Alabama being worse means absolutely nothing because they still have a quality coach , like the Aggies with more than enough talent to match. Kentucky is a toss up. Missouri will probably be favorites. Then you still have UGA, Oklahoma. Those are six games that are either toss ups or teams who absolutely can match us in talent. Then , BECAUSE I KNOW OUR MEMORIES ARE SHORT, you absolutely cannot overlook a single team, whether that be Cal or Louisiana-Monroe. This team is not good enough top to bottom to do that. 

And, given all that, one more win in year 2 shouldn’t be too much of an ask. Unless we’re committing to starting a LOT of underclassmen to set up a big jump in year 3.

Edited by AUwent

10 minutes ago, AUwent said:

And, given all that, one more win in year 2 shouldn’t be too much of an ask. Unless we’re committing to starting a LOT of underclassmen to set up a big jump in year 3.

I believe 7-6 is fine. Just find it funny that people think it is far-fetched in a rebuild to lose six games next year. It is definitely possible.