2025 Recruiting Thread

Zeek

Check out Luke Nichol in the 7A title Georgia game tonight.  Kid lives in my 'hood and committed to the Canes.  Not sure why we didn't recruit him.  He can play.

• 2 weeks later...
48 minutes ago, AUpreacherman22 said:

@bigbird said 8-12 this year and it looks like we’re going to exceed that when it’s all said and done.  
He said top 5 next year, so I am really looking forward to seeing how this class unfolds.   Especially in the trenches!!!

I'll just say we are much better positioned now than we were for the '24 class.  I think overall '25 will be higher ranked, but the '24 class will be more impactful. 

• Like 3

On 12/5/2023 at 1:21 PM, Paladin said:

Offers from Duke, Georgia Tech, Kentucky, Louisville, Ole Miss, Tennessee, Texas A&M and many others

This says Chattanooga but I don't remember an Oakland in chatt. I think that's Murfreesboro 

47 minutes ago, bigbird said:

I'll just say we are much better positioned now than we were for the '24 class.  I think overall '25 will be higher ranked, but the '24 class will be more impactful. 

It'll be interesting to see where the class lands.  I'm not sure we have a shot at enough 5* kids to break into the top 5.

Get Zayden Walker and I'll start to believe. 

It does seems like the class will.be littered with more 35-200 ranked players. Alabama is really deep again. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, W.E.D said:

It'll be interesting to see where the class lands.  I'm not sure we have a shot at enough 5* kids to break into the top 5.

Get Zayden Walker and I'll start to believe. 

It does seems like the class will.be littered with more 35-200 ranked players. Alabama is really deep again. 

I’m told by a very close source that Zayden Walker is a silent UGA commit. Auburn should do whatever they can to get him though. 

I saw him play as a freshman at RB and it wasn’t fair lol

I mean....of the top 15 kids in next years AL class.  How many do we get. 11?

That doesn't include Fegans or Jared Smith....which I think we have a shot at

https://www.on3.com/db/rankings/industry-player/football/2025/?state=al

10 minutes ago, W.E.D said:

I mean....of the top 15 kids in next years AL class.  How many do we get. 11?

That doesn't include Fegans or Jared Smith....which I think we have a shot at

https://www.on3.com/db/rankings/industry-player/football/2025/?state=al

That is great to see. One recruit won't completely turn the tide (no pun intended) but snatching up Ryan Williams would send another message that Auburn is for real. Let's hope they can finish.

1 hour ago, sevenlee36 said:

Welp the mission will be to land OL

'25' will be the year of lineman.

• Love 1

16 hours ago, creed said:

'25' will be the year of lineman.

I know a lot of fans, and even CHF, thinks a top 5 class in 2025. But lineman in general don’t get the stars other positions receive. So I’m not basing my perception on a successful class next year on where we rank nationally, but on did we address the line of scrimmage. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, creed said:

I know a lot of fans, and even CHF, thinks a top 5 class in 2025. But lineman in general don’t get the stars other positions receive. So I’m not basing my perception on a successful class next year on where we rank nationally, but on did we address the line of scrimmage. 

If we land 10 4* or better offensive linemen next year I’ll be happy.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Just saw where LSU landed Bryce Underwood. He's the #1 QB and #1 overall player in the 2025 class. He lives in Michigan and every team seems to have offered him. LSU now has the #1 QB, #1 RB and #1 WR in the 2025 class.

I didn't see anything on this forum about Bryce Underwood or that Auburn offered him. Did we even go after this kid?

53 minutes ago, TeamZero77 said:

Just saw where LSU landed Bryce Underwood. He's the #1 QB and #1 overall player in the 2025 class. He lives in Michigan and every team seems to have offered him. LSU now has the #1 QB, #1 RB and #1 WR in the 2025 class.

I didn't see anything on this forum about Bryce Underwood or that Auburn offered him. Did we even go after this kid?

I am pretty sure he had an offer from

us. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, TeamZero77 said:

According to on3, we offered him. 

https://www.on3.com/db/bryce-underwood-15949/recruiting/124541/interests/

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, TeamZero77 said:

LSU now has the #1 QB, #1 RB and #1 WR in the 2025 class.

Damn Brian Kelly been killing it at LSU s far. He got to the SEC championship his first year, took a step back but still had a good year this year. Now he’s got the #1 player at 3 different positions for the ‘25 class? 

I thought it wasn’t possible to have on field success and recruiting success at the same time? /s

• Haha 1

Since we are not getting a portal QB. I sincerely hope Freeze has an open competition like he said he would. Scary to think that our best QB option has attempted 9 passes. But that's where we are.

3 hours ago, Sizzle said:

Damn Brian Kelly been killing it at LSU s far. He got to the SEC championship his first year, took a step back but still had a good year this year. Now he’s got the #1 player at 3 different positions for the ‘25 class? 

I thought it wasn’t possible to have on field success and recruiting success at the same time? /s

I will say, if there was ever an instance of being born on third, having BK's pedigree while going to a LSU spot that was only...3? years removed one of the more high profile natty runs of the 2000s? LSU recruits itself, but that'll make the job alot easier. 

(BK is also a better coach than HF, but it's not insulting to Freeze to admit that.)