2025 Recruiting Thread

Zeek

Pretty wild how pretty much the top 20 QBs for 2025 have almost all committed. 

Unless we find some late riser or flip a kid, looks like '25 QB class for Auburn us gonna be kina bleak

2 hours ago, W.E.D said:

Pretty wild how pretty much the top 20 QBs for 2025 have almost all committed. 

Unless we find some late riser or flip a kid, looks like '25 QB class for Auburn us gonna be kina bleak

@W.E.D 3 of our top 4 QB targets are not committed. All are in the top 20. Per the On3 concensus 10 of the top 20 QBs are not committed.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, ellitor said:

@W.E.D 3 of our top 4 QB targets are not committed. All are in the top 20. Per the On3 concensus 10 of the top 20 QBs are not committed.

13 of the top 24 (4* kids) are all already committed. 10 of 20 is still a ton when they are half way through their Jr year. Proving my point. On to recruits...

We aren't getting George Mac. Way behind Bama/UT

Would have to flip Lacey

Knight committed to ND

Hill just committed to CO (some think we weren't pushing hard)

Montgomery didn't put us in his top 5

Idk what 3rd uncommitted player there is

14 minutes ago, W.E.D said:

10 of 20 is still a ton when they are half way through their Jr year. Proving my point.

10 out of 20 is a good bit no doubt but it's still half mathematically & not almost all as was posted in your OP. Not sure why you speak in extremes when making your points but you could have said a good number of the top 20 are committed. That would have gotten your point accross & been more factually correct.

19 minutes ago, W.E.D said:

Madden Iamaleava.

22 minutes ago, W.E.D said:

But is visiting us soon so we can change that.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Also being recruited by Alabama, Colorado, Iowa, Michigan, Ohio State , Penn State, Tennessee and others. 

Edited by Paladin

Top 20 receiver 'enjoys' first Auburn visit

Henry Patton • AuburnSports

It's not a secret that Auburn needs playmakers at receiver. They're addressing that need with recruiting.

Caleb Cunningham, the No. 18 ranked player and No. 4 receiver in the class of 2025 was in Auburn to witness the Tigers take on Ole Miss.

"It was pretty good," Cunningham said "They could've played better, but they played hard, kept fighting. It felt good being out there. I enjoyed myself."

Cunningham, from Choctaw County high in Ackerman, Miss., was at Jordan Hare stadium for the first time. It didn't disappoint him.

"It's live," Cunningham said. "I can see myself playing in front of all these folks. I enjoyed it. Good atmosphere."

Despite this being his first game at Auburn, Cunningham has quite a bit of familiarity with Auburn as Hugh Freeze, Marcus Davis and Trovon Reed have all been recruiting him hard.

"They're some good coaches," Cunningham said. "They on me hard. They want me there. They tell me they need some receivers like me. They're going to try to do all they can do to get me here."

Because of the efforts from the coaching staff, Cunningham, who is still early in his recruitment, has Auburn near the top of his list.

"They stand pretty high because they're recruting me hard," Cunningham said. "They show a lot of love. We building that relationship."

This was Cunningham's first time in Auburn, but it certainly won't be his last. The 6-foot-3 and 180 pounds receiver has plans to visit the Plains during spring practice and wants to be back for a game at some point.

"It won't be my last one, I'll be back," Cunningham said.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Love 1

Auburn pushing 'really hard' for Texas QB commit

Caleb Jones • AuburnSports

KJ Lacey was back on Auburn's campus over the weekend.

The Texas quarterback commit had already visited once this fall for the Georgia game, enjoying it enough to prompt a return. He made his way back to the Plains Saturday for the Ole Miss game and enjoyed his time once again.

"It was fun," Lacey said. "Obviously not the outcome that they were expecting, but it was a good time all around."

Just how hard are the Tigers going after him?

"Really hard right now," Lacey said. "We’ll see how it goes and keep on going along with it."

Lacey visited with his teammate and current Alabama wide receiver commit Ryan Williams, who's also a top target for Auburn. However, the coaching staff has made its recruiting approach to both individualistic, which Lacey appreciates.

"That’s one of the main things, just knowing that however it goes between me and Ryan, they’re taking the time to recruit both of us individually also," Lacey said.

On the field, Auburn's offense struggled in the passing game, totaling 122 yards through the air. When comparing the situations at Texas and Auburn, there's a clear distinction.

"If I end up coming here, it’d be like playing early," Lacey said. "Which out there in Texas, it would probably be more like a year of developing, learning the offense. Coming here, it’d be like just getting thrown into the fire and doing what I can."

The 6-foot-1 QB often draws comparisons to Heisman winner Bryce Young, but Auburn sees a different quarterback in Lacey — specifically one that was coached by Hugh Freeze.

"They have said a lot about Malik Willis," Lacey said. "I always get the same comparison to Bryce Young, I get that from everyone. They made a big one on Malik Willis. Mostly off the field, how I act off the field. Just being a good person and obviously the arm strength, arm angles all that."

Lacey might visit Texas this weekend for the Longhorns' game against BYU, but his visit schedule is fairly flexible. He does plan on visiting Auburn at least one more time this fall, for the Iron Bowl on Nov. 25.

"I just love coming up here, chopping it up with the coaches, Coach Freeze," Lacey said. "Hopefully I get up here for a game they come out here and win. It’s just fun, honestly."

Do the Tigers have a shot with the No. 13 player in the 2025 class?

"We'll see," Lacey said.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

On 10/20/2023 at 9:05 PM, W.E.D said:

13 of the top 24 (4* kids) are all already committed. 10 of 20 is still a ton when they are half way through their Jr year. Proving my point. On to recruits...

We aren't getting George Mac. Way behind Bama/UT

Would have to flip Lacey

Knight committed to ND

Hill just committed to CO (some think we weren't pushing hard)

We have a Top 20 guy on our roster in Holden Geriner. 247 in 2022. When you go back over the past few years, a lot of those guys like Bryce Young and CJ Stroud were studs. Many have already transferred to a lower level school or like Holden haven’t taken a meaningful snap. And some have already washed out. Getting one of the guys on your list would be great but there’s still a lot of talent out there beyond the Top 20. 

Edited by Gowebb11
  • Like 1

Rivals100 DE takes in 'amazing' night game

Jared Smith's been to Auburn now twice this season for a couple of SEC matchups.

The four-star defensive end who recently transferred from Spain Park to Thompson was on campus for the Georgia game, and made his way back for the Ole Miss game over the weekend. What prompted the return?

"Just the culture Coach (Hugh) Freeze is building over here and the connection with Coach (Jeremy) Garrett and all the coaches," Smith said.

Garrett is the main guy from Auburn's coaching staff recruiting Smith at the moment. There's a lot of boxes that Garrett checks for Smith when looking at what he wants in a coach.

"Great coach, I love his energy," Smith said. "That’s what I’m looking for, a good connection and energy with the coaches."

Although Auburn lost the game 28-21 against Ole Miss, it was a bit different from his first visit. The lights at Jordan Hare Stadium were on from the start, as the Tigers took the field for their first night game of the season, and Smith's first night game.

"Amazing," Smith said of the atmosphere. "I love the fight at the end, just don’t give up. Just a few more pieces, Auburn wins that game."

One member of the defense that caught his eye was true freshman Keldric Faulk, who saw a lot of snaps at defensive end. Smith sees a similar opportunity at Auburn for a chance at seeing the field early.

"Real good, I saw Keldric Faulk play a lot, that inspired me a little bit," Smith said. "True freshman playing early, so that’s good."

Smith has no timeline for a decision, as he'll make it "when the time is right." Auburn, South Carolina, Alabama, LSU, Georgia and Florida State are some other schools Smith's looking at hard, with a couple visits lined up.

He plans to be in Tallahassee Nov. 11 when Florida State hosts Miami and he'll be back in Auburn two weeks after that to see the Iron Bowl.

Smith is the No. 44 player in the nation and the No. 8 player in the state of Alabama.

Rivals250 WR returns

Staff

@CalebJ_Rivals

Saraland wide receiver Dillon Alfred is getting a lot of love from SEC programs.

Auburn is one of them, and the Tigers hosted him for an unofficial visit Saturday. It was his second visit of the year, but his first for an SEC contest in Jordan Hare Stadium.

"I just wanted to come see what Auburn did," Alfred said. "Came out, got a big win. I just wanted to see how they played today. I like the coaches and stuff, I like everything around here, so that’s what made me come back here."

Dillon Alfred visited Auburn for the Mississippi State game. (Caleb Jones | AuburnSports.com)

Alfred's primary recruiter has been wide receivers coach Marcus Davis, who he holds in high regards.

"Coach Davis, he’s a really cool dude," Alfred. "He’s a great coach. He really understands me, I understand him. We have a good relationship, keep building it, he’s a good person."

Having someone like Davis, who he feels understands him, on the staff is also big in his recruitment.

"It’s really important because I like coaches that understand me," Alfred aid. "When it gets to a moment to the game, he’ll know what to do. It’s really important having that relationship with the coaches."

Auburn has a need for wide receivers, and while the Tigers have already added some high-caliber guys for the 2024 class, the need for more in the 2025 class is attractive.

"I get a better chance to play really early if I come here," Alfred said. "I have a chance to make history, change the program around."

Alfred's not the only one out of Saraland that Auburn is targeting. The Tigers are also heavily targeting quarterback KJ Lacey and wide receiver Ryan Williams.

"We are the main guys," Alfred said was Auburn's message. "They really want us."

Either way, one thing's for sure — Alfred enjoys his time at Auburn whenever he visits.

"The thing about Auburn, I really love Auburn," Alfred said. "I love the environment and everything."

Edited by Paladin
  • Like 1

On 10/30/2023 at 12:30 PM, Paladin said:

Brice adds Auburn offer, planning visit

Staff

@CalebJ_Rivals

Jamauri Brice added another offer to his list Monday.

This one was special for the 2025 prospect, though. It was from Auburn, where his grandfather, Vic Beasley Sr., played in the 1980s.

"I was very excited," Brice said. "It was one of my biggest offers and I was really excited because my granddad played football there for a little bit. He recently passed away — four years ago — and I just know he would have been proud of me receiving that offer."

Brice is already working on plans to visit.

He's tentatively planning to attend the Auburn-New Mexico State game Nov. 18, which will be his first game day experience on the Plains. What's he looking forward to the most?

"The environment and the atmosphere," Brice said. "I just feel my play style fits there...just a playmaker, really scrappy, quick and can make a lot of plays."

Auburn began reaching out with more consistency in the middle of Brice's junior season and the Tigers see the 5-foot-10 junior as a wide receiver.

"They watched my film and they saw that I was a pretty good player," Brice said. "They said ‘Yeah we gotta get this kid."

The fall has been busy for Brice, who's visited Georgia, Vanderbilt, Ole Miss and Clemson this season for game day visits. He's also hearing from Oregon and Virginia Tech, but the Auburn offer has certainly grabbed his attention.

• Like 1

On 10/30/2023 at 6:54 PM, Paladin said:

Rivals250 WR returns

Staff

@CalebJ_Rivals

Saraland wide receiver Dillon Alfred is getting a lot of love from SEC programs.

Auburn is one of them, and the Tigers hosted him for an unofficial visit Saturday. It was his second visit of the year, but his first for an SEC contest in Jordan Hare Stadium.

"I just wanted to come see what Auburn did," Alfred said. "Came out, got a big win. I just wanted to see how they played today. I like the coaches and stuff, I like everything around here, so that’s what made me come back here."

Dillon Alfred visited Auburn for the Mississippi State game. (Caleb Jones | AuburnSports.com)

Alfred's primary recruiter has been wide receivers coach Marcus Davis, who he holds in high regards.

"Coach Davis, he’s a really cool dude," Alfred. "He’s a great coach. He really understands me, I understand him. We have a good relationship, keep building it, he’s a good person."

Having someone like Davis, who he feels understands him, on the staff is also big in his recruitment.

"It’s really important because I like coaches that understand me," Alfred aid. "When it gets to a moment to the game, he’ll know what to do. It’s really important having that relationship with the coaches."

Auburn has a need for wide receivers, and while the Tigers have already added some high-caliber guys for the 2024 class, the need for more in the 2025 class is attractive.

"I get a better chance to play really early if I come here," Alfred said. "I have a chance to make history, change the program around."

Alfred's not the only one out of Saraland that Auburn is targeting. The Tigers are also heavily targeting quarterback KJ Lacey and wide receiver Ryan Williams.

"We are the main guys," Alfred said was Auburn's message. "They really want us."

Either way, one thing's for sure — Alfred enjoys his time at Auburn whenever he visits.

"The thing about Auburn, I really love Auburn," Alfred said. "I love the environment and everything."

Yes please!

• 4 weeks later...

Texas QB commit returns

Auburn doesn't have a quarterback in its 2025 class.

One of its top targets is Saraland's KJ Lacey, the No. 13 player in the nation and No. 2 pro-style quarterback on the market. Currently committed to Texas, Lacey's been to multiple Auburn games this season alongside his teammate and Auburn flip target Ryan Williams.

His most recent trip was for the Iron Bowl, featuring No. 8 Alabama and a six-win Auburn team. It was a close game with a wild finish, but that wasn't a shock to Lacey.

"Football, Iron Bowl, the game’s gonna be crazy regardless," Lacey said.

This weekend was Lacey's third game day visit of the year to Auburn. He visited for the Georgia game and the Ole Miss game previously, as the Tigers continue to make a push for Lacey to flip.

Like many of the games he'd been to previously, the atmosphere wasn't a disappointment.

“The crowd was crazy," Lacey said. "Especially the recruiting section, it was rocking over there.”

Did Auburn help its chances with Lacey over the weekend?

“Oh yeah, for sure," Lacey said. "Just seeing what’s going on out there. It’s close in all the big games. Just looking around right now, still locked in with Texas right now obviously.”

Lacey's been committed to the Longhorns since early June, but continues to keep his options open. Both Auburn and Alabama will continue pushing for a flip, and will have time to do so, as Lacey has no intentions of reclassifying.

This season for Saraland, he's completed 68% of his passes for 2,734 yards, 36 touchdowns and has had seven passes intercepted.

• Like 2

No HUDL highlights, so pulled this interview off YouTube

Scouting Report

Evaluated 09/06/2023

GabeBrooks
Gabe Brooks National Scouting Analyst

Enormous young offensive tackle prospect with immense size and above average movement ability. Verified multiple times in spring of his sophomore year in the 6-7, 345 range. Adequate length and carries his mass relatively well considering size.

Overwhelming size and functional strength in the running game. Generally displays good hand placement in the majority of situations. Flashes promising athleticism when traveling to the second level. Limited throws reps as a freshman but that does qualify him as a multi-sport athletic profile. Naturally high center of gravity compromises leverage. Gets too far out over his feet at times. More catcher than puncher early on, but has flashed encouraging engaging punch in some pass pro reps.

Still growing into frame and developing balance / body control, which will help with occasional overcommitting and susceptibility to counters / secondary rush. Projects as a high-major offensive tackle prospect with high-floor competency and high-ceiling long-term potential.

Edited by Paladin
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Paladin said:

No HUDL highlights, so pulled this interview off YouTube

Scouting Report

Evaluated 09/06/2023

GabeBrooks
Gabe Brooks National Scouting Analyst

Enormous young offensive tackle prospect with immense size and above average movement ability. Verified multiple times in spring of his sophomore year in the 6-7, 345 range. Adequate length and carries his mass relatively well considering size.

Overwhelming size and functional strength in the running game. Generally displays good hand placement in the majority of situations. Flashes promising athleticism when traveling to the second level. Limited throws reps as a freshman but that does qualify him as a multi-sport athletic profile. Naturally high center of gravity compromises leverage. Gets too far out over his feet at times. More catcher than puncher early on, but has flashed encouraging engaging punch in some pass pro reps.

Still growing into frame and developing balance / body control, which will help with occasional overcommitting and susceptibility to counters / secondary rush. Projects as a high-major offensive tackle prospect with high-floor competency and high-ceiling long-term potential.

This young man is a dang Coke machine.  Holy crap, he’s big