2025 Recruiting Thread

Zeek

13 hours ago, JuscAUse! said:

Oh I love it. But I'll really love it if he signs the real paper on signing day. It's just different now. 

I'm not a GIF guy, but when I read your last sentence I thought of the movie Red Dawn where Leah Thompson says "Things are different now"

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, ArgoEagle said:

I'm not a GIF guy, but when I read your last sentence I thought of the movie Red Dawn where Leah Thompson says "Things are different now"

9fbe3b61-d0da-4c71-a63e-bc4f7be90831_tex

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...
28 minutes ago, HAPvsOA said:

What kind of odds would you all put on us landing either J Lewis vs. H. Longstreet? 

image.png

image.png

Good imo as for which one may depend on who's willing to commit first. JMO as of today at 2:15pm things can change as you know.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, augolf1716 said:

Good imo as for which one may depend on who's willing to commit first. JMO as of today at 2:15pm things can change as you know.

Really?!?!?   You think they’re both that high on AU?   Wow!  That would be phenomenal!!!

29 minutes ago, AUpreacherman22 said:

Really?!?!?   You think they’re both that high on AU?   Wow!  That would be phenomenal!!!

No not saying that high just a decent chance for either.

• Thanks 1

Honestly , it would probably would not benefit us for someone as good as that five star QB to commit to us right now or even soon (unless He is going to pull a Walker White and closes his recruitment). All that is going to do is expose our hand and get us in a bidding war very early. 

• Like 2

Imo any recruit that is a 5 star will be a bidding war so why not take a commitment?

• Like 1

You both have great points

Which means we have no idea which one of you are right. And I doubt the coaches do either, at this point, at any school. Coaches were definitely overpaid on the past. I'm not sure now. 

1 hour ago, gman87 said:

Imo any recruit that is a 5 star will be a bidding war so why not take a commitment?

I have a sneaky feeling we would not have a backup plan if we took his commitment and lost him in the eleventh hour because we are not "willing to overspend," and all the other QBs already have a solidified relationship. Again, this is only solely speaking for those players who are top tiers of the top tier players & still taking visits. I would rather have him commit somewhere else early, see what the floor is for his commitment price, and if it is even worth it for our money guys, but that is just my opinion.  

Edited by DAG
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, JuscAUse! said:

You both have great points

Which means we have no idea which one of you are right. And I doubt the coaches do either, at this point, at any school. Coaches were definitely overpaid on the past. I'm not sure now. 

Sure coaches are overpaid, so too are some of the players. All that will eventually normalize. I believe coaches salaries will drop back along with players.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DAG said:

I have a sneaky feeling we would not have a backup plan if we took his commitment and lost him in the eleventh hour because we are not "willing to overspend," and all the other QBs already have a solidified relationship. Again, this is only solely speaking for those players who are top tiers of the top tier players & still taking visits. I would rather have him commit somewhere else early, see what the floor is for his commitment price, and if it is even worth it for our money guys, but that is just my opinion.  

You make a good point. It's a tough call for a coaching staff. Typically, QBs have committed early and stayed firm. But that's changing now. 

Longstreet is committing soon and loved his recent visit. Lewis seems worth waiting for. What do you do. 

• Like 1

Just now, cbo said:

You make a good point. It's a tough call for a coaching staff. Typically, QBs have committed early and stayed firm. But that's changing now. 

Longstreet is committing soon and loved his recent visit. Lewis seems worth waiting for. What do you do. 

I would take the 1st one who committed 

2 minutes ago, cbo said:

If he commits you have to be sure to understand it’s like a blank check. This is the face of your team. You can’t get a commit like this  then later on hear “well we weren’t going to over spend.” There are only maybe a handful of guys who are program changers. I believe we got ourselves one in Cam Coleman. 

• Like 3

19 minutes ago, DAG said:

If he commits you have to be sure to understand it’s like a blank check. This is the face of your team. You can’t get a commit like this  then later on hear “well we weren’t going to over spend.” There are only maybe a handful of guys who are program changers. I believe we got ourselves one in Cam Coleman. 

Completely agree on Coleman. I don't think it's an exaggeration to say he could be the best AU WR of all time. 

But I wish he was at a position that can impact the game without help from another position. No one has ever said, "games are won at wide receiver."

If Lewis wants to come, I agree it's a blank check. Give him what it takes. We need a top notch QB so badly. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, cbo said:

No one has ever said, "games are won at wide receiver."

However, lately on both college and pro teams games are won and lost at WR. It's becoming at least the second most important position on a team, if not the most important. The times they are a' changin'.

• Like 1

On 3/28/2024 at 12:47 PM, HAPvsOA said:

What kind of odds would you all put on us landing either J Lewis vs. H. Longstreet? 

image.png

image.png

50/50 😉

I believe that HL is the leader right now. He will be back for A-Day 

• Like 1

On 3/28/2024 at 8:37 PM, cbo said:

I'd take the Top 5 QB ready to commit. 

• Like 5

24 minutes ago, Randman5000 said:

Which one is better?

The one that signs with us of course :)

• Like 2
  • Love 1
  • Haha 5