2025 Recruiting Thread

Zeek

So last weeks visit didn’t mean 💩 then? Hasn’t he been to AU more than tamu? Alrighty then….

• Like 1

Long way to go but not thinking this class get the hype it was getting early on this year. All things can change this fall.

• Like 3

Just now, mustache eagle said:

Gonna go play for a defensive minded head coach? 

Who’s tamu oc? Genuinely asking. I have no clue.

13 minutes ago, DAG said:

Long way to go but not thinking this class get the hype it was getting early on this year. All things can change this fall.

I think it will still be top ten but QB recruiting as you know is totally different than the rest of the positions. Guys commit early and flip way less than other positions. So when you miss on your top guys you are SOL…..

and no I don’t think we get juju. It will be stick with USC or go to them damn dirty dawgs… AU has shown we aren’t willing yet to pay top dollar for that caliber of QB recruit or QB transfer.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

Who’s tamu oc? Genuinely asking. I have no clue.

I had to look it up

klein - former oc and heisman qb finalist at K state

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, mustache eagle said:

I had to look it up

klein - former oc and heisman qb finalist at K state

Oh yah! I remember him! Didn’t know he was in coaching let alone a oc already. Really young for a oc at major power 5 school. I can see him being a good recruiter just based on being a younger guy. But again harder to tell these days who’s actually a good recruiter and who just has more nil backing. 

Edited by GwillMac6
  • Like 2

23 minutes ago, DAG said:

No one’s going to mistake me for a pumper but we are still well ahead of where we were last year (and yes I know he’s been here for a year but yeah).

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, AUwent said:

No one’s going to mistake me for a pumper but we are still well ahead of where we were last year (and yes I know he’s been here for a year but yeah).

IMG_7699.gif

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

Losing Longstreet to Mike Elko is a tough pill to swallow. Hugh Freeze continues to struggle to land an elite QB. 

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, CameronCrazy said:

Hugh Freeze continues to struggle to land an elite QB. 

@CameronCrazy Walker White says hi.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Love 1
  • Haha 1

Y'all remember last year we didn't start kicking serious tail until July at Big Cat. Thats 3 months away.  Please stay off the ledge until then at least.

• Like 4

56 minutes ago, CameronCrazy said:

Losing Longstreet to Mike Elko is a tough pill to swallow. Hugh Freeze continues to struggle to land an elite QB. 

Is it HF struggling  to land an elite QB or as GWill said...AU still not paying top dollar for QB's? 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

42 minutes ago, ArgoEagle said:

Y'all remember last year we didn't start kicking serious tail until July at Big Cat. Thats 3 months away.  Please stay off the ledge until then at least.

Yes, but things changed A LOT this year. This is not like last year. So you can't compare it to last year as we have two additions to a new conference, and UGA hasn't even started yet. You got a couple of new coaches, and this is not an Auburn wildcard-coached team from Hugh Freeze. But some of you guys will learn the hard way.

Edited by DAG
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, DAG said:

Yes, but things changed A LOT this year. This is not like last year. So you can't compare it to last year as we have two additions to a new conference, and UGA hasn't even started yet. You got a couple of new coaches, and this is not an Auburn wildcard-coached team from Hugh Freeze. But some of you guys will learn the hard way.

I agree last years pitch won’t work.  Last years results are probably heavily being  used in a negative way. Not sure what the sweet spot is for the recruits to say hey it looks like they are moving in the right direction. I also think it will be hard selling playing time to a QB if Walker White is truly the guy in waiting. I guess that’s why CHF gets bad the big bucks to figure it all out.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, e808 said:

I agree last years pitch won’t work.  Last years results are probably heavily being  used in a negative way. Not sure what the sweet spot is for the recruits to say hey it looks like they are moving in the right direction. I also think it will be hard selling playing time to a QB if Walker White is truly the guy in waiting. I guess that’s why CHF gets bad the big bucks to figure it all out.

I think we will always be in that  8-15 range.  I am ready to break the top 5, and the biggest selling point will be results on the field. We need a big jump in offense productivity.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

3 hours ago, GwillMac6 said:

AU has shown we aren’t willing yet to pay top dollar for that caliber of QB recruit or QB transfer.

And until we become that way, we're going to be permanently middle of the pack to suck. 

This isn't a four year game. It's a one year game and QBs are where it starts and ends. 

• Thanks 1

I find it hard to believe AU is not willing to pay for a QB, of all positions to try to save money.

Whatever the reason, our top 3 QB targets and our top RB target have all committed elsewhere. Need to reset and pick up the momentum on the O side.

• Like 2

There have been some remarkably good QBs transfer out after Spring over the past few years. Question is, can CHF snag one this year -- or next. Because our coaches seem to think Thorne is going to be good and White is going to be good. These guys in the portal are looking for a team where they can start day one. And may accept less NIL to make sure that is a possibility. Nobody wants to come in as a designated backup.

1 hour ago, SouthGATiger said:

Is it HF struggling  to land an elite QB or as GWill said...AU still not paying top dollar for QB's? 

Point taken. But I’m also referencing the fact that he never had an elite QB at Ole Miss either. It’s a trend he needs to break.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

33 minutes ago, cbo said:

I find it hard to believe AU is not willing to pay for a QB, of all positions to try to save money.

Whatever the reason, our top 3 QB targets and our top RB target have all committed elsewhere. Need to reset and pick up the momentum on the O side.

You do? The fact we are running it back with mediocre  thorne should be more than enough proof…

10 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

You do? The fact we are running it back with mediocre  thorne should be more than enough proof…

I think that's because the HC is not properly evaluating/valuing the position and/or he is simply failing to recruit a replacement. Trust me, I'm on the same page as you with Thorne.

• Like 1

Of all the positions to recruit in HS I am LEAST worried about recruiting QBs. That is THE transfer portal position now. Dart, Jayden Daniels, Rattler, Thorne, Milton, Leary, Mertz, Max Johnson, KJ Jefferson, Swann, Rogers.

Those are 11/14 starting QBs in the SEC last year - every single one either transferred IN prior to or OUT after the 2023 season. That position can and will be filled by the portal for the foreseeable future. But it’d be awesome if we could have a guy like WW stick around and build us up.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, e808 said:

There undoubtedly HAS to be a record improvement. 8 wins will most definitely be enough. 7 I think would, but with the amount of seniors this year I’m just not sure how capable we’d be of improving on that in ‘25 (again, heard JLee mention how ‘25 is the year).

Edited by AUwent