2025 Recruiting Thread

Zeek

It's good to see a new CB for Tavaris Dice from Langston Hughes. The ON3 guys also mentioned him as one of the most likely to be the next to commit. So hoping to continue building a strong OL class in 2025 this weekend. 

https://247sports.com/college/auburn/PlayerInstitution/tavaris-dice-at--294513/CurrentExpertPredictions/

48 minutes ago, AU Is Gold said:

Kendarius Reddick flips to UCF from AU. I guess he was more about Trovon Reed than Auburn. 

Wonder if this involves Anquan Fagins

13 hours ago, AU Is Gold said:

Kendarius Reddick flips to UCF from AU. I guess he was more about Trovon Reed than Auburn. 

Recruiting has always been about relationships rather than the school 

• Like 3

Damn now we didn’t get Offord either and he went out of state? OSU is a great school but damn it’s crazy big time guys like that shouldn’t be going out of state. Saban retiring had to have something to do with that

• Like 1

No commits either. Not a good weekend imo..I think we have a better staff though for the long run. Hope they keep at it and work their butt off. 

1 hour ago, Sizzle said:

Damn now we didn’t get Offord either and he went out of state? OSU is a great school but damn it’s crazy big time guys like that shouldn’t be going out of state. Saban retiring had to have something to do with that

Michigan winning it all mustve broken the ohio st boosters. They seem to have no limit at this point.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Sizzle said:

Shouldn’t get beat out by UCF for a kid.

2 hours ago, Sizzle said:

His first winter up there will be memorable. 

42 minutes ago, gr82be said:

His first winter up there will be memorable. 

Not sure he sticks.  Can't think if a single player from this state who went there.  

16 minutes ago, NWALA Tiger said:

Not sure he sticks.  Can't think if a single player from this state who went there.  

Nico Collins didn’t go to OSU but went to Michigan which is just as bad IMO 

New coaches may mean some new targets for these guys position though. It hurts to lose anyone but I think we’re in very good hands with our new recruiters.

• Like 3

CJ May decommitted from ND. Hes the 4 star edge from Highland Home.

Edited by CR

17 hours ago, CR said:

CJ May decommitted from ND. Hes the 4 star edge from Highland Home.

the Faulk brothers are his cousins, i believe.  

On 2/4/2024 at 10:07 AM, Sizzle said:

Ain't what Ryan Williams said. Unless he's secret BFFs with future teammates in Ttown? Every one of the coaches that formed relationships with him at the Krapstone is either playing golf or coaching elsewhere now. But I do agree that everything being equal, relationships usu. trump the school. 

On 2/4/2024 at 11:37 AM, Sizzle said:

Don't panic.  I don't think it will stick. It was a visit high commitment. 

2 hours ago, tigeraddikt said:

Ain't what Ryan Williams said. Unless he's secret BFFs with future teammates in Ttown? Every one of the coaches that formed relationships with him at the Krapstone is either playing golf or coaching elsewhere now. But I do agree that everything being equal, relationships usu. trump the school. 

He just wasn’t coming to Auburn. If a new coach who’s only known you a week gets you, then Auburn never had a real chance

1 hour ago, Sizzle said:

He just wasn’t coming to Auburn. If a new coach who’s only known you a week gets you, then Auburn never had a real chance

I agree with you there. But it kinda makes my point that RW wanted Bama the school for atmosphere, familiarity, the cash payments, more competent QB room to deliver the ball, more and better athletes surrounding him, championship pedigree, etc. Probably not so much relationships in his case with the entire coaching staff that recruited him gone.

10 minutes ago, tigeraddikt said:

I agree with you there. But it kinda makes my point that RW wanted Bama the school for atmosphere, familiarity, the cash payments, more competent QB room to deliver the ball, more and better athletes surrounding him, championship pedigree, etc. Probably not so much relationships in his case with the entire coaching staff that recruited him gone.

His strong relationship is with another player, the kid from Clay Chalkville (Mwable or something).  They are calling themselves brothers, plan to room together and appear to REALLY care for each other.  And from what I see from a distance, Williams really loves bama.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, tinman1 said:

His strong relationship is with another player, the kid from Clay Chalkville (Mwable or something).  They are calling themselves brothers, plan to room together and appear to REALLY care for each other.  And from what I see from a distance, Williams really loves bama.

🤮

• Haha 1

Who could commit to Auburn next

Tuesday afternoon, committed to Auburn and became the eighth member of the Tigers' 2025 class.

It's a recruiting class currently ranked No. 6 in the country and Auburn's in a good spot with several high-profile prospects. Who could be the next one to jump on board?

We take a look at five prospective targets that could join the Tigers' 2025 class.

Alvin Henderson is one of the Tigers' top targets.

Alvin Henderson is one of the Tigers' top targets. (Nick Lucero/Rivals.com)

Alvin Henderson , RB (Elba, Ala.)

When Derrick Nix was hired by Hugh Freeze, Henderson was one of the first guys that Nix had to make a priority. The two were on the phone the day after Nix was hired and that relationship's grown tremendously over the last several weeks, with the running backs coach visiting Elba multiple times.

Freeze is also heavily involved in this recruitment, as is co-defensive coordinator Charles Kelly — who played alongside Henderson's grandfather and has been recruiting the four-star since middle school.

icons_rivalsdatabase_modal_icon-9276cb267628835385459bcb5a86516b3b6c051ba3d52eb1fdf654e13e4d3408.svg

5'10" | 190 lbs | RB | 2025

Anquan Fegans, S (Thompson, Ala.)

Auburn's made a major push for the safety out of Thompson, especially since he backed off his USC pledge in August.

Fegans made multiple game day trips in the fall, visited before the dead period in December and most recently this past weekend. He cites Auburn's track record of putting defensive backs in the NFL as something that sticks out to him, along with his growing relationship with the aforementioned Kelly.

Other programs of note include Clemson, Florida State, LSU and Oregon, but the Tigers have positioned themselves well for the in-state product.

icons_rivalsdatabase_modal_icon-9276cb267628835385459bcb5a86516b3b6c051ba3d52eb1fdf654e13e4d3408.svg

6'1" | 185 lbs | S | 2025

Tavares Dice, OL (Fairburn, Ga.)

There's not a program that Dice has visited more and there's not a program that Dice favors more than Auburn.

The 6-foot-4 offensive lineman that plays for Langston Hughes named Auburn his leader following his visit over the weekend. It was an important one, getting his family to tag along and have them experience the hospitality that Dice values each time he visits.

Dice still remains unsure about a timeline for a decision, but Auburn is certainly the one to watch here.

6'4" | 279 lbs | OT | 2025

Eric Winters , LB (Enterprise, Ala.)

Two schools have started to separate themselves for Winters, as Auburn and Georgia both hosted him for unofficial visits in recent weeks.

Staff members from both programs visited Winters in January, with four Auburn staff members making the trip to Enterprise. Freeze, Nix, Kelly and Josh Aldridge all went to see him Jan. 22, as the Tigers continue their efforts to land him.

Meanwhile, Georgia's new history of first-round talent on the defensive side of the ball and the Bulldogs' defense has his attention as well. Even with Georgia pushing, I consider Auburn to hold the edge right now.

6'2" | 195 lbs | OLB | 2025

Derick Smith , WR (Selma, Ala.)

Auburn signed four wide receivers in the 2024 class and all four were in-state players.

Smith is the next man up for elite in-state playmakers and Marcus Davis is going after him hard. The 6-foot-1 wideout from Selma visited in mid-January, continuing to build his relationship with Davis and the rest of the staff.

With several SEC programs in pursuit, Smith named Auburn as one of his top two schools after the latest visit. Alabama, LSU, Ole Miss and Florida State are also in play here.

6'1" | 180 lbs | WR | 2025

Edited by toddc
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2