Auburn vs Aggies Post-Game Thread

Didba

As I said before, this was a team any sane person thought would take a while to come together but might be a tough out for good teams by the end of the year.  I was hoping we were ahead of schedule.  We aren't.  I'm surprised Thorne isn't better but he still has time or we need to get Geriner some snaps.  But people losing their minds that we aren't ready to beat a team on the road that has ranked 15th, 1st, 8th, 6th and 4th in recruiting the last 5 years need to get real.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Love 2

Just now, AU9377 said:

Meanwhile, that QB that Harsin ran off is putting a beat down on Colorado right now.

Boil 'em, mash 'em, stick 'em in a stew...

6 minutes ago, shabby said:

Harsin had Nix

and no o-line. I think that's the problem. Gus recruited like 1 o-lineman a year, so Harsin inherited a team with tank and bo, but no one to block for them. I feel like the line made that team a 6 win squad. Then Bo quits due to stress and goes to oregon. Year  2 for Harsin is sans a qb and line, just Tank and defense. Harsin was an apathetic coach at best so that year was a bust and now Tank is a pro. 

Fire Harsin and bring in Hugh, but there is still no offensive line, established skill talent, or QB. Offense has been bad, but it's a complete rebuild on that side of the ball... It's painful to watch.

Edited by hutchids
  • Like 1

I listened to the 1st Tiger Talk before the season began & came away discouraged after Hugh talked about the D. I figured after that that we'd have to outscore people to win games. So what a shock that the Offense is so so bad. The 3rd quarter offense may be the worst I've ever seen. So, what are y'all thinking? Are the individual players on the O line just not as good as we thought, or are they not playing as a unit? Is Payton just a poor QB, a poor fit for this offense, or what? He clearly seems not to be reading things as he should. Are the OC & Hugh not clicking? Or... What? Good on the D for being better than expected. I'm not surprised to lose this game. But I'm surprised at how we lost, with a completely inept offense.

Edited by TigerTennis80

1 minute ago, AU9377 said:

Meanwhile, that QB that Harsin ran off is putting a beat down on Colorado right now.

What?

Surely not. Deion is the best coach in college football. Just ask him. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, hutchids said:

and no o-line. I think that's the problem. Gus recruited like 1 o-lineman a year, so Harsin inherited a team with tank and bo, but no one to block for them. I feel like the line made that team a 6 win squad. Then Bo quits due to stress and goes to oregon. Year  2 for Harsin is sans a qb and line, just Tank and defense. Harsin was an apathetic coach at best so that year was a bust and now Tank is a pro. 

Fire Harsin and bring in Hugh, but there is still no offensive line, established skill talent, or QB. Offense has been bad, but it's a complete rebuild on that side of the ball... It's painful to watch.

Gus and Harsin did this to us. People need to understand it will take years to fix. It took us years to get here. It’s going to take us a long time to get out of it.

• Thanks 1
  • Love 1

1 minute ago, TitanTiger said:

As I said before, this was a team any sane person thought would take a while to come together but might be a tough out for good teams by the end of the year.  I was hoping we were ahead of schedule.  We aren't.  I'm surprised Thorne isn't better but he still has time or we need to get Geriner some snaps.  But people losing their minds that we aren't ready to beat a team on the road that has ranked 15th, 1st, 8th, 6th and 4th in recruiting the last 5 years need to get real.  

It’s a fair sentiment but   it’s about shock value of how bad. The offense looks literally terrified and ill prepared. No mojo - again, just pure terror. It’s going to take a while to digest. 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, TitanTiger said:

It’s not the loss, which I expected. It’s 3 points on offense. Countless penalties. No excuse for that. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, gr82b4au said:

Gus and Harsin did this to us. People need to understand it will take years to fix. It took us years to get here. It’s going to take us a long time to get out of it.

A realistic timetable for me is a bowl this year, and for the following four years ('24-'27)--counting a bowl:

-Eight wins all four years

-Nine wins two of the four

-A quarterfinal berth once

-Wins over UAT two of the four

Edited by AUwent

15 minutes ago, e808 said:

Respectfully u were singing Colorado praise in the other forum. They look pretty bad and they couldn’t stop an offensive team put together by members on this forum

I was mostly singing Sanders praise to have a good QB but it sure is a bad look for Colorado! I still think Sander would do better here year 1 than what we are seeing but I’ve been wrong before!

see the crow I ate on Harsin!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

17 minutes ago, DAG said:

I just turn the game on and it is 21-0 already...

Yeah that’s wild and unexpected for sure. 

• Dislike 1

1 minute ago, EagleEye67 said:

some of ya'll need to quit moving the goalposts.

"OMG, we are completely inept offensively"  is NOT "OMG, I can't believe we didn't win this game."

The usuals tbh, Very few people expected us to beat the Aggies. But be competitive? Different story.

• Like 3

33 minutes ago, DAG said:

Defense played good. Offense was pathetic. We look about as worse as I ever seen. Even Harsin could put together one component drive for a TD.

Agreed. And he did it with TJ Finley. I will go on record now and say, the HF hire and the AD hire just won’t work. This showing will cost AU recruits. There is 0 offensive identity. I just don’t think HF is any different than GM and the rest of college football has caught up with the little high school  play calling. Funny, our legacy QB is tearing it up away from AU. 

• Like 2
  • Dislike 2

10 minutes ago, AU9377 said:

I’d give up my all three kittens my wife and I just adopted (no firstborn sons here to give) for Bo Nix to be back at Auburn 

Just now, Old fan 47 said:

Agreed. And he did it with TJ Finley. I will go on record now and say, the HF hire and the AD hire just won’t work. This showing will cost AU recruits. There is 0 offensive identity. I just don’t think HF is any different than GM and the rest of college football has caught up with the little high school  play calling. Funny, our legacy QB is tearing it up away from AU. 

I am not there yet, but He has to take playcalling over. We can't be that inept on offense .

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, shabby said:

Harsin had Nix

Agreed. Point still stands. An offensive minded coach should be able to put up more yards than we did. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, TitanTiger said:

Yep. Reality bites sometimes 

23 minutes ago, TigerHorn said:

IDK, but it's been that way since 1982 when I first started watching AU. Even if they don't have a backup QB, as soon as we hurt their starter, whoever "they" is, we're doomed. See Kerwin Bell, and more others than I can count through the years. 

Once in '93 when Nix came in after White got hurt in the Iron Bowl. That's the one I can remember. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, TitanTiger said:

Maybe it just me, but I don’t see people losing their minds that that we weren’t ready to beat the #15 team on the road with all that talent.  I see people losing their minds about how inept and straight up putrid this offense looks.  Stupid and sloppy penalties, weak online, hit & miss WR play, and I won’t speak about the QBs as their production speaks for themselves.

For me, it’s not that we lost the game, it’s how we lost the game.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

It’s disappointing that the offense has no identity. At least the last 4 games of last year we knew what to expect. Surprised Cobb didn’t getting any time today. Hunter doesn’t seem to be hitting the holes as hard 

20 minutes ago, TitanTiger said:

So are you saying we are being unreasonable?? Great post . Im onboard 

• Facepalm 1