Offensive Analysis

LPTiger

1 hour ago, TexasTiger said:

Yes. Your fast guy.

If you couldn't watch that game yesterday and see the difference in posture of the 3 QBS that AU played then I don't know what to tell you  

Edited by NWALA Tiger

4 minutes ago, LPTiger said:

Is 65% better or worse than 50%?

Was Auburn a good team last year and was there a Keon Coleman type receiver on the team.

Just now, e808 said:

Was Auburn a good team last year and was there a Keon Coleman type receiver on the team.

On the same team, Finley completed 62% of his passes before getting hurt.  Can we point to any QB in the nation who has a less than 50% completion % that fans are saying "let's play him more."

• Haha 2

Just now, LPTiger said:

On the same team, Finley completed 62% of his passes before getting hurt.  Can we point to any QB in the nation who has a less than 50% completion % that fans are saying "let's play him more."

And I said Finley not Brady.

14 minutes ago, LPTiger said:

Is 65% better or worse than 50%?

What was his completion rating last game against real competition ?

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, LPTiger said:

The entire team was bad and more often than not running for his life. The point his let him get an opportunity with a different coach and oline . If it doesn’t work it doesn’t . Move forward with HG. Currently HG has 9 passes and on the 40s. RA has 17 and in the 40s as well. Some of those throw aways count against ur percentage. Another stat PT has been sacked double digits had he thrown the ball away Auburn wouldn’t have been taken out of scoring range. 

Edited by e808

3 minutes ago, e808 said:

The entire team was bad and more often than not running for his life. The point his let him get an opportunity with a different coach and oline . If it doesn’t work it doesn’t . Currently HG has 9 passes and on the 40s. RA has 17 and in the 40s as well. Some of those throw always count against ur percentage. Another stat PT has been sacked double digits had he thrown the ball away Auburn wouldn’t have been taken out of scoring range. 

Yep I think I saw because his sacks he was -33 in rushing yards. So last game he had a 50% completion rating, then he puts us behind the chains by not throwing the ball away and taking sacks. So there really is no positive with him being in the game. I am all for trying HG, at this point. 

• Like 1

Y’all can debate all you want about what either QB has done in the past. Fact is PT looks  scared as he// in the pocket. I would rather have a confident QB with limited skills than a QB who is lost and has zero confidence. Holden is the great unknown to us as fans but if he can’t beat either QB out??? That speaks volumes, yes? We will get better but not this year

• Like 4

26 minutes ago, NWALA Tiger said:

If you couldn't watch that game yesterday and see the difference in posture of the 3 QBS that AU played then I don't know what to tell you  

I’m sure you don’t know a lot of things.

23 minutes ago, LPTiger said:

AGREE! RA is NOT the answer! Play Thorne next week and if it doesn’t look different, use the off week to get Holden ready.

19 minutes ago, e808 said:

The entire team was bad and more often than not running for his life. The point his let him get an opportunity with a different coach and oline . If it doesn’t work it doesn’t . Move forward with HG. Currently HG has 9 passes and on the 40s. RA has 17 and in the 40s as well. Some of those throw aways count against ur percentage. Another stat PT has been sacked double digits had he thrown the ball away Auburn wouldn’t have been taken out of scoring range. 

Are you saying RA should transfer or be processed? How would he get another staff and OL?

1 minute ago, imaolgatiger said:

Are you saying RA should transfer or be processed? How would he get another staff and OL?

Is the staff and OL this year the same as last. To date RA has not been put in a situation to  run the entire offense. He has no turnovers but u would rather have a QB with a shaken confidence start against GA. 

I looked back at RA's HS stats when he was at Hoover and had a markedly better team every Friday night.   He was 232 for 439.   53%.   Would RA have won the Cal game?   Would he have gone 4 for 4 on his last drive?   

4 minutes ago, LPTiger said:

I looked back at RA's HS stats when he was at Hoover and had a markedly better team every Friday night.   He was 232 for 439.   53%.   Would RA have won the Cal game?   Would he have gone 4 for 4 on his last drive?   

We don’t know that. However RF saved him on that drive. The ball was low and behind him. He darn near caught the ball off the top of his shoe. The throw in the end zone was good but without that miraculous at h the drive stalls

Like someone said above we can argue all day but in the two power 5 games PT has been a deer in headlights. If u didn’t know his background u would think he is a freshman. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, e808 said:

We don’t know that. However RF saved him on that drive. The ball was low and behind him. He darn near caught the ball off the top of his shoe. The throw in the end zone was good but without that miraculous at h the drive stalls

I agree it wasn't a great pass but on 3rd and 18, PT GAVE US A CHANCE and Fairweather made a play.

5 minutes ago, e808 said:

in the two power 5 games PT has been a deer in headlights. 

What?   Against Cal PT was 9 of 14 with 2 TDs and 1 Int.   You call that deer in the headlights?

7 minutes ago, NWALA Tiger said:

Such harsh words from a mod....

Ha!!! Everyone in the world doesn’t know alot of things. Puts you in very great company. Just think a few of us only know a few things. Thats much worse in my book.

8 hours ago, e808 said:

Is Washington who is the number 8th team, with a heisman trophy candidate , playing at home and in the same time zone a fair way to judge how good or bad the Cal win is. I watched the entire game and Cal didn’t play bad it was those plays that @LPTigermentioned that blew the game open. 

Did Jackson ever get in? 

The QB, Finely, played the whole first half against Washington. The same QB they removed quickly against us for not being effective.

3 minutes ago, Hank2020 said:

Ha!!! Everyone in the world doesn’t know alot of things. Puts you in very great company. Just think a few of us only know a few things. Thats much worse in my book.

So in a way he gave me a compliment,  I guess

• Like 1

Ok u win LP. I see u just stat gathering and not watching the games. In the Cal game it just came on the screen and they were already reviewing a fumble by PT. Luckily they only got 3 when it should have been 7

Edited by e808