Shockingly, irredeemably dumb

TexasTiger

1 minute ago, jj3jordan said:

You mean dumb to tell people why he didn’t confirm? He is not wrong about the military. 

Yep, he is wrong. 

Tuberville knows absolutely nothing about our military, its organization, its needs, its operations or its capabilities, yet he gets placed in an important military oversight committees and speaks on military operations as if he's an expert all because his father fought in WW2 and he runs a veterans "charity" that is nothing but a grift used to funnel high salaries to friends he hires to run it.  

Tuberville knows nothing about military hiring practices or laws. He's saying he voted against confirming a nomination that was widely supported by both parties simply because he thought he heard them say something that me thought might have been 'woke'. 

Tuberville is a fool and a charlatan and actively hurts our military and is hurting the North Alabama region especially as his idiocy is making it less likely for federal military operations and projects to come to Redstone.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, jj3jordan said:

You mean dumb to tell people why he didn’t confirm? He is not wrong about the military. 

The military isn’t an equal opportunity employer?

Just now, TexasTiger said:

The military isn’t an equal opportunity employer?

No. The military is not for everybody. There are physical and mental standards.  At least there used to be. 

Goal:  Defend the homeland against any and all enemies.

Objective:  Occupy the enemy homeland.  Impose our will on their population.

Method:  Kill people and blow things up. 

It is pretty simple. 

So no, it is not equal opportunity. 

3 minutes ago, jj3jordan said:

No. The military is not for everybody. There are physical and mental standards.  At least there used to be. 

Goal:  Defend the homeland against any and all enemies.

Objective:  Occupy the enemy homeland.  Impose our will on their population.

Method:  Kill people and blow things up. 

It is pretty simple. 

So no, it is not equal opportunity. 

Do you not understand “equal”, “opportunity” or both?

2 minutes ago, The Freak said:

To be fair, most politicians don't know jack sh*t about the military.

Most posters on this board, too.  Myself included.

Hopefully most of us DO know the 3 branches of the US government and who the US fought against in WW2 

Those are two facts that Tommy Tubberville has gotten wrong recently. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, CoffeeTiger said:

Hopefully most of us DO know the 3 branches of the US government and who the US fought against in WW2 

Those are two facts that Tommy Tubberville has gotten wrong recently. 

And yet those juicy tidbits make us no more knowledgeable on who should be the chairman of the joint chiefs of staff.

I'm not saying Tubs isn't an idiot, he is.  I'm saying most people in his position are idiots and we need to do better either by ballot or by training once in office.

• Dislike 1

Just now, The Freak said:

And yet those juicy tidbits make us no more knowledgeable on who should be the chairman of the joint chiefs of staff.

I'm not saying Tubs isn't an idiot, he is.  I'm saying most people in his position are idiots and we need to do better either by ballot or by training once in office.

I mean, yeah I agree. I'm not saying I would be qualified on who or who not to vote for high ranking military officials. But I AM saying that the reasoning Tommy Tugboat gives for voting against this individual is very stupid and involves nothing but culture war nonsense. 

If my senator thinks that voting against him is the right thing to do then fine, but at least have and give a well reasoned argument for your position. Tuberville is very rarely able to do that on any position he takes. 

But I mean hey "I voted against him because I heard he wants more minorities to be part of the military" Is VERY on band for an Alabama politician. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, The Freak said:

That's nonsense.  Most people in his position (senator) are much more intelligent and reasoned than he is.  He is very near the bottom if not on it.

This is what Trump and the MAGAs have done - lowered the bar.  Drastically.  Tuberville is a product of mindless, authoritarian populism.  He is an embarrassment to the U.S. Senate and the state of Alabama.

Edited by homersapien
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, CoffeeTiger said:

I mean, yeah I agree. I'm not saying I would be qualified on who or who not to vote for high ranking military officials. But I AM saying that the reasoning Tommy Tugboat gives for voting against this individual is very stupid and involves nothing but culture war nonsense. 

If my senator thinks that voting against him is the right thing to do then fine, but at least have and give a well reasoned argument for your position. Tuberville is very rarely able to do that on any position he takes. 

But I mean hey "I voted against him because I heard he wants more minorities to be part of the military" Is VERY on band for an Alabama politician. 

Wasn’t the previous complaint about the military that it was full of minorities and not enough skinny white guys? So now your complaint is not enough minorities we need more? 

7 minutes ago, jj3jordan said:

Wasn’t the previous complaint about the military that it was full of minorities and not enough skinny white guys? So now your complaint is not enough minorities we need more? 

I have no idea what you’re talking about. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, CoffeeTiger said:

I have no idea what you’re talking about. 

Not surprised so I’ll try to explain. The leftists who exploit minorities for their votes but don’t deliver any goods used to complain because the military was full of volunteer minorities who fought the wars for all of us white privileged folks who didn’t have to fight sat around enjoying the freedom. Now we are bending over to accept any and all “minorities” and forcing everybody to accept their self declarations as normal. Seems like before we didn’t have enough skinny white guys and now we have too many. I have two adult children on active duty. Tubs fear is not irrational.

• Haha 1
  • Dislike 1

18 minutes ago, ShocksMyBrain said:

Stopped reading right there. If you want any credibility, don’t do that. 

That is truth my friend. But I don’t blame you for avoiding the truth.  It’s the only way a person could be a liberal democrat. 

• Haha 1
  • Dislike 1

Tuberville never served in the military, never served in any organization that supported the military, government or non-profit. Combined with his expansive ignorance of law, government, societal and social issues, and deep lack of integrity, it is no surprise that he has decided to follow the advice of an equally ignorant aide in this malevolent obstruction of due process for appointing military leadership.

• Like 2

14 hours ago, The Freak said:

Too much on the job training needed for some of these folks. Many voters are a highly ignorant lot with a short attention span… critical to election in Alabama (and too many states): R after the candidates name, “I’m a Christian, a lifelong member of the NRA, (card issued immediately upon exit of the womb),….etc”. Great. Tells the voter nothing about the knowledge and qualifications of the candidate. Tub’s knowledge of the military doesn’t extend much past the pointy end of the F-18 is the front. While I lean left Katie Britt is Tubs superior in every way. 

• Like 2

50 minutes ago, TexasTiger said:

Not an equal opportunity employer. @jj3jordan and @TTuberville are actually against equal OPPORTUNITY.

If you are talking about warfighters then not everyone is equally opportuned. Instead of complaining about the military just thank them for giving you the privilege and right to complain.