Moral victory

cole256

17 minutes ago, NWALA Tiger said:

We just need a few more dudes. Headed in right direction.  We hung in there,  Kirby has an established program 

Let's not let the defense playing out of their minds today cloud our minds. We need ALOT more dudes. 

Edited by HabitualChiller
  • Like 1

This should be the worst we are ever going to look under freeze. Every game as long as we keep getting a little better I'm happy. 

I remember the uga game Bo's freshman and sophomore year......we were dominated. This game was nothing like that. Of course I wished we would have won but I see our potential

• Like 5
  • Love 1

Just now, cole256 said:

Had nothing to do with this game I have been saying don't have the horses so people going crazy about losing to Oregon are missing the point. 

The point is showing the fight and passion and recruits being able to see they can make a difference and that will help the future. We are in the same situation, they just have a worse team

That guy is pathetic. Quality opener and that is his comeback. You are right, one team had the horses another didn’t. Some of those catchers bowers made were wide open but a couple of them he just showed his skill set. Then the yards after the catch..

People going to piss and moan about the defense but this is the most opportunistic defense I’ve seen in a long time. 

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, yngwie1995 said:

Yep. Hard for a team that's had 2 years of HORRIBLE (negligent) recruiting to beat a team that has had the #1 class 5 years in a row. They get like 5-10 5* players every year. We've had like 13 in the last 13 years, or something like that. 

Seriously, it's incredible that we almost beat them. On paper, they're loaded with talent compared to everyone else (especially us). We made a lot of mistakes, and just didn't have the depth.

What's their excuse? Can't wait until we get back to beating them. I hope everyone else does, too. I hate them as much as bama at this point. It's been that way for a few years. I also live in GA now, so that may have something to do with it.

Edited by yngwie1995
  • Like 1
  • Love 1

4 minutes ago, AUINSY said:

They will when it really matters eventually due to their cream puff schedule 

Well, aside from SECCG and Playoff, it looks like Kentucky, Ole Miss and @Tennessee have the best chance. 

Edited by yngwie1995
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, DAG said:

That guy is pathetic. Quality opener and that is his comeback. You are right, one team had the horses another didn’t. Some of those catchers bowers made were wide open but a couple of them he just showed his skill set. Then the yards after the catch..

People going to piss and moan about the defense but this is the most opportunistic defense I’ve seen in a long time. 

Yes and it's similar to the other year everybody always was saying why aren't we blitzing.....when you don't have the depth when you make it to the end of the game those guys are gassed. 

We can just keep recruiting and hope we don't mess up on evaluating our guys. When we get the athletes people will see!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, yngwie1995 said:

Seriously, it's incredible that we almost beat them. On paper, they're loaded with talent compared to everyone else (especially us). We made a lot of mistakes, and just didn't have the depth.

What's their excuse? Can't wait until we get back to beating them. I hope everyone else does, too. I hate them as much as bama at this point. It's been that way for a few years. I also love in GA now, so that may have something to do with it.

The best thing about recruiting is that when you get an elite player, someone else  doesn’t. Hopefully as we strengthen, uga weakens.

• Like 2

Just now, cole256 said:

Yes and it's similar to the other year everybody always was saying why aren't we blitzing.....when you don't have the depth when you make it to the end of the game those guys are gassed. 

We can just keep recruiting and hope we don't mess up on evaluating our guys. When we get the athletes people will see!

Right, people forget the guys that are blitzing are also covering . I also believe we are seeing fatigue injuries .

• Like 1

We has 0 turnovers. We forced 2 turnovers. We very few penalties. Sure there were questionable play calls, there always is. But this is a perfect example of them having better players. Last play is prime example.  There DB was better, stronger than our guy

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, NWALA Tiger said:

We has 0 turnovers. We forced 2 turnovers. We very few penalties. Sure there were questionable play calls, there always is. But this is a perfect example of them having better players. Last play is prime example.  There DB was better, stronger than our guy

I haven't even watched the replay on that one. But our guy (Fair?) was in front of him and got knocked to the ground. How was that not a penalty? 

As far as the turnovers, we almost had a fumble and an INT on that one play. McLeod just barely missed the strip, and Cam Riley dropped the pass.

Edited by yngwie1995
  • Like 1

We still have a LOOOOONG way to go with a lot of issues across the team,   but can reach a very high ceiling.  I saw improvement.  That's all I wanted to see.    An improvement in fundamentals and techniques.  Knowledge of your job on any given play.  Fewer Turn overs. etc.

Among them,  and largest step  forward being: selling the fake.   Specifically after the exchange the player without the ball carrying through as if it was real for more than just a second or to.   I do not recall any half assed fakes in this game. 

I saw our linemen and others helping push the RB for that extra yard or more, more  than other games so far. 

There seemed to be a better understanding of personal responsibility on a given play. Across the board.  Yes, even at WR, they were where they were supposed to be most of the time.

None of our issues have been fixed,  but I saw obvious improvement in a lot of areas that we have issues.

Improvement,  it is all I ever ask. 

Edited by Quietmaninthecorner
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, AUApostle said:

This the post game thread?

Beck Quote: They we’re giving us coverages to let him (Bowers) get open.

It worked 

1 minute ago, Quietmaninthecorner said:

We still have a LOOOOONG way to go with a lot of issues across the team,   but can reach a very high ceiling.  I saw improvement.  That's all  wanted to see.    An improvement in fundamentals and techniques.  Knowledge your job on any given play.  Fewer Turn overs. etc.

Among them,  and largest step  forward being: selling the fake.   Specifically after the exchange the player without the ball carrying through as if it was real for more than just a second or to.   I do not recall any half assed fakes in this game. 

I saw our linemen and others helping push the RB for that extra yard or more than other games so far. 

There seemed to be a better understanding of personal responsibility on a given play. Across the board.  Yes, even at WR, they were where they were supposed to be most of the time.

None of our issues have been fixed,  but I saw obvious improvement in a lot of areas that we have issues.

Improvement,  it is all I ever ask. 

I was glad to see PT at least throwing passes downfield and not getting sacked every other play. Robbie looked good too on his reads. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, DAG said:

Right, people forget the guys that are blitzing are also covering . I also believe we are seeing fatigue injuries .

Exactly. IMO the most important thing now is to play our butts off this next game. No crazy letdown or anything like that. I really wish we would have won but we can legit make this loss still be a win for us. Dead serious. This was the number 1 team

• Like 4

28 minutes ago, cole256 said:

Oh also shout out to @e808. I pride myself on making some great calls but I didn't see this game being competitive but he did. I will be paying more attention to your post. You called it!

Much appreciated 

It hurts to lose like that but there's not much to be negative about. I like our defense even though Bowers killed us. We can run the ball but we have to be able to get a yard, especially with two chances to do it. Hopefully recruits leave impressed. 

11 minutes ago, Randman5000 said:

Can we fast forward to next year cause this still sucks

Losing sucks . s***ting the bed sucks. The DC sucks and needs to go. 10 million people watching the game knew bowers was getting it and that dumbass didn’t. Absolutely dropped the bag. 

• Facepalm 1

You know it sucks, just because when we played press man on Bowers, we did so freaking good at breaking up the pass. I don’t know if it was the fatigue or attrition, but losing that game with soft coverage leaves a very bad taste in your mouth 

• Like 5