Upcoming games

AURex

LSU -- questionable defense, but scores a gazillion points
Ole Miss -- questionable defense, but can score lots of points (or not)
Miss State -- decent defense, can score lots of points (or not)
Bama -- good defense, scoring more points as the season progresses

Mutual opponents -- A&M beat Auburn by 17, Bama beat A&M.

Can Auburn beat any of these teams?

If Auburn is going to get any SEC wins, I agree, those are the two most likely possibilities.

19 minutes ago, AURex said:

If Auburn is going to get any SEC wins, I agree, those are the two most likely possibilities.

Besides Candy of course.

Auburn can beat all of those teams.

LSU - Will be tough on the road, but their defense is garbage. And by garbage, I mean 130th ranked EPA.  I expect Auburn to keep making adjustments and running the ball more. Auburn will probably score at least 30. If our secondary shows up and maybe gets an INT or two Auburn will beat LSU.

Ole Miss- Another not good defense, especially against the pass. We could actually make some plays. Plus, it's at home, the atmosphere is going to be electric. Looking at the schedule this will probably be a night game on ESPN. 

Arkansas - It's possible they're fighting for a bowl game by the time we come to town. Arkansas only beats Auburn when the Tigers are down bad (except for 2006).

Mississippi State - Defense isn't any good. If Auburn can beat LSU and OM or one of them, they should beat MSU IMO

Alabama - They're getting better but it's still the Iron Bowl in Auburn. TAMU blew that game today. I think Jimbo punted twice in Bama territory? We'll see what they do against Tennessee. If Alabama doesn't improve in the passing game, they will be vulnerable coming to Auburn.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Arky could’ve beat OM last night if they could’ve eaten more clock and extended drives. Our offense can do that, especially with our running game and being at home. Same for LSU. Taking one  of those two, plus Arky, MSU, and Vandy would be great. Get there and have health at the Iron Bowl and who knows. 

12 minutes ago, Gowebb11 said:

Arky could’ve beat OM last night if they could’ve eaten more clock and extended drives. Our offense can do that, especially with our running game and being at home. Same for LSU. Taking one  of those two, plus Arky, MSU, and Vandy would be great. Get there and have health at the Iron Bowl and who knows. 

Arkansas is away.  Auburn and Arkansas are about even teams.   Whoever doesn’t turn the ball over will probably win.   Should be win games are Vandy and MSU.   Ole Miss will have an edge because I believe their offense can score when they need a drive.     Right now, unless AU’s offense can be more productive, Alabama’s defense will keep Auburn from winning.   

Good news - ALL of our remaining games are winnable.  Every team we face has some major flaws.   
Bad news - ALL of our remaining games are lose-able (NMSU and Vandy may be a bit of a stretch).  We also have some major flaws!   
We’ll see which matchups work in our favor, our team psyche, and how much we continue to grow over the course of the season.  
Im sticking with my original prediction of 7-5.  And other than NMSU and Vandy, I'm not sure where the other 2 wins will come.  Probably MSU.  The other could be OM, Arky, or bama.  🤷‍♂️

Anything can happen. Look at GT last night with an assist from CMC. Haven’t had the heart to watch the post game on that one yet. Ouch.

I am looking to see the results of the bye week on the field. If an average passing game materializes, we have a shot in every game. If not, maybe 6-6. 

NMSU, Vandy, and MSU we should beat these three. 

LSU, OM, Arky, and that school up North. Of these four I'm not betting we can beat any of them if we can't get pressure on their QB's. 

LSU's receivers scare me to death. 

OM, have to pressure Dart.

Arky should be our best chance, but it's at Wal Mart field. 

Turds will be the most talented defense physically we play all year. Worried we won't be able to block them. 

Every game is winnable if Auburn passing game has a pulse. To date Auburn hasn’t played a complete game yet. Hopefully Auburn will get guys back. 

15 hours ago, woodford said:

Auburn can beat all of those teams.

LSU - Will be tough on the road, but their defense is garbage. And by garbage, I mean 130th ranked EPA.  I expect Auburn to keep making adjustments and running the ball more. Auburn will probably score at least 30. If our secondary shows up and maybe gets an INT or two Auburn will beat LSU.

Ole Miss- Another not good defense, especially against the pass. We could actually make some plays. Plus, it's at home, the atmosphere is going to be electric. Looking at the schedule this will probably be a night game on ESPN. 

Arkansas - It's possible they're fighting for a bowl game by the time we come to town. Arkansas only beats Auburn when the Tigers are down bad (except for 2006).

Mississippi State - Defense isn't any good. If Auburn can beat LSU and OM or one of them, they should beat MSU IMO

Alabama - They're getting better but it's still the Iron Bowl in Auburn. TAMU blew that game today. I think Jimbo punted twice in Bama territory? We'll see what they do against Tennessee. If Alabama doesn't improve in the passing game, they will be vulnerable coming to Auburn.

Bama’s short passing game has definitely improved. Will continue to get better as we go through the season!!

Big test for Hugh. Took the nations top team to the wire. Can he sustain that momentum and build off it coming off a bye week. Specifically, will our passing game at least show a flicker of life. 

I still think we lose the next two then win the four after that and bama becomes a toss up…probably lose a tough one.  A schedule that should be easy by our standards is getting tougher due to injuries/depth.

16 minutes ago, NWALA Tiger said:

We don't match up well with LSU... AT ALL

Auburn scored 20 against Georgia. Granted it was at home and off two turnovers but come on. Go look at LSU’s defensive metrics. They’re atrocious. 

Besides maybe FSU, we will be the best secondary they have faced by far. 

13 minutes ago, woodford said:

Auburn scored 20 against Georgia. Granted it was at home and off two turnovers but come on. Go look at LSU’s defensive metrics. They’re atrocious. 

Besides maybe FSU, we will be the best secondary they have faced by far. 

We have no pass rush without blitzing. We haven't played  Qb this year that's as mobile as Daniel's. I hope I'm wrong but I don't see it. Auburns pass offense is terrible as well

21 hours ago, AURex said:

Miss State -- decent defense, can score lots of points (or not)

They are a bad defense and can't score vs anyone decent. 

And Rogers is rumored to be done 

44 minutes ago, NWALA Tiger said:

We don't match up well with LSU... AT ALL

LSU with Daniels and Nabors is dangerous. But they are better when on the field more often and in rhythm. If we can run the ball the way we did vs UGA (hopefully even better) and keep them off the field and out of rhythm we will be in the game. If we start having 3 and outs we will be in trouble quickly. 

Lots of comments saying "they are beatable." Well, okay, are they "beatable" by Auburn? Folks were saying A&M and UGA were "beatable" too. 

I suspect that the Pigs and the Cow Bells are our best chance of the coming crop. If we can win one of those two, plus Vandy and NMSU, Auburn will probably go to the magnificent Birmingham Bowl !! Win both Pigs and Bells, maybe even better. Pull off an upset or two against LSU, OM, Bama, maybe a real bowl game!

Unlike Gus and Mr. Potato Head, CHF may actually try to win whatever bowl game Auburn gets in order to bolster high school and portal recruiting.