*Official Auburn vs. LSU Game Thread*

abw0004

1 minute ago, ShocksMyBrain said:

Isn’t this one of Pearl’s most talented and mature squads? 

No, that final four team was that. U have Broome, cardwell, Williams, etc but maturity doesn't translate into talent and there's nobody on that team that's not young that is intriguing talent wise 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, AUTigergrad08 said:

Just as stubborn as Gus was.  He’s going play Thorne regardless of what the eye test says.  

Unfortunately, I honestly believe we did no more than hiring a GM protege, or an errand boy. AU has such a huge hole to dig out of. I’m honestly not sure we beat Vandy. Watching this team with tons of transfers, actually looks more unprepared and more poorly coached than the last four years. Now I’m just waiting on AU Baseball to accuse me of not being a fan, because I speak a lot of truth. 

• Facepalm 1

3 minutes ago, AU120289 said:

Good coaches compete and win with less talent. They don’t constantly complain about the roster.

They are showing nothing. Total regression across the board. I don’t think a full recruiting year will matter. No reason to believe as of now an upgraded roster will be better prepared with this staff. 

Because they won’t.  Freeze was hired because the powers that be are obsessed with not winning championships but hiring coaches who have beaten Saban on their resume.  This is why Freeze was hired.  This is the only reason Freeze was hired.  

• Like 1
  • Dislike 1

Damn that was a good job by Ashford on that 2 pt conversion. He wanted  the flat but it got blew up but he stayed patient and Frazier slipped open

• Like 1

1 minute ago, difball said:

That counted? wow - thought clock went past 0

Almost. Still challenged to get such complex plays and personnel changed under the play clock /s/

• Like 1

Just now, JMassie11 said:

Who wants to bet Thorne goes out there again

Did you happen to miss how we got into the red zone?

• Like 1

Just now, Sizzle said:

Damn that was a good job by Ashford on that 2 pt conversion. He wanted  the flat but it got blew up but he stayed patient and Frazier slipped open

He throws better on roll out...

I hope the play calling will reflect that 👍

5 minutes ago, woodford said:

Somethings gotta be up with him. If he can’t see the field more often with this QB play then he’s not the guy. Hope I’m wrong. 

I've been thinking the same thing

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, WarrrEagleHey said:

I feel like something is going on with Hugh Freeze. He rolls into his press conferences looking like a hungover frat kid that forgot to take a shower. He's uninspiring, tired, negative. I don't sense any fire at all, and it seems a 180 from what I expected (believing Auburn was his dream destination for years) and even how he came across early on. I'm not sure how to right this ship at this point, but I'm more discouraged than I think I've ever been. I never quit watching...even on the worst Haskin days. But I'm just over the disappointment. 

The man is worn the hell out. He’s never looked clean shaven or polished in appearance.  But he’s worked tirelessly on building those all important relationships in our recruiting region.  He’s pulling 16-18 hour days and nights burning the midnight oil evaluating talent and trying to sell Auburn to top prospects.  

Then he’s game planning, calling every players parents personally to give them updates and retain those relationships.  He’s witnessing to his players, bringing them to the Lord and baptizing them.  

If he appears haggard, fatigued and low on energy it’s because he’s worn out.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, DAG said:

I can’t see the game…who is the freaking QB? RA or PT.

Both of them. Freeze still switching them out 

Edited by Sizzle
  • Facepalm 1

1 minute ago, Old fan 47 said:

Unfortunately, I honestly believe we did no more than hiring a GM protege, or an errand boy. AU has such a huge hole to dig out of. I’m honestly not sure we beat Vandy. Watching this team with tons of transfers, actually looks more unprepared and more poorly coached than the last four years. Now I’m just waiting on AU Baseball to accuse me of not being a fan, because I speak a lot of truth. 

Freeze is not a Gus protege. He has talent issues, and maybe a coordinator issue. 

• Like 2

Just now, DAG said:

I can’t see the game…who is the freaking QB? RA or PT.

PT got us to the red zone. Robby got it in.

• Like 2