What do you want to see against Ole Miss

Win4AU

1)  A bounce back effort.  At home under the lights will be wild no matter what the record.  Hopefully the players will feed off that.

2) I don’t know what to hope for on offense anymore.  Give me Georgia Thorne and as many tight end heavy sets as I can get.  Frazier and Fairweather seem to be the only guys making plays in the passing game.

3) Ole Miss out scored LSU so defense needs to figure out how it blew so many coverages last night.

4)  Another good recruiting turnout.  Auburn needs all the guys it can get.

The team that played thUGA. I know we aren’t that good but at least bring it. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

I had to work last night unexpectedly so I saw two plays while I snuck a peak on my phone. One of those was a third and nine in which our receiver went three yards and Thorne hit hit for a four yard, maybe, gain. 

I WANT TO SEE RECEIVERS GOING PAST THE STICKS AND US THROWING FOR A FIRST DOWN, NOT A FOURTH DOWN!! Tired of Auburn being stupid in the passing game. 

• Like 1

I am expecting the same thing we saw at TAM & LSU. If this is the case give the 3RD quarter to Robby and if he stumbles give part of the 3rd quarter and all of the 4th quarter to Holden if he can handle the pressure. It looks like White or Holden are going to have to start next year so give Holden a shot. I’m not seeing much to any player development which is mind blowing. Maybe the guys are not giving it all they have because they don’t have faith in Thorne delivering? Same with Robby ? I don’t know but watching last night after 2 freaking weeks to prepare is just unjustifiable. 

• Like 1

Sheesh... Anything other than last night. 

Would definitely like to see Camden Brown and not Mardner 

Edited by Randman5000
  • Like 1

I am hoping we don’t see the same game plan  like in the lsu game. No sure why they felt all the passing was needed to open the game. There was no way Auburn was going to outscore LSU. The goal should have been to play keep away and make the game ugly. U have to minimize these teams with explosive offenses opportunities 

• Like 1

I know there’s a lot of people wanting Ashford to start, but both TD drives were largely led by Thorne last night.  Have we seen Ashford lead a TD drive from Auburn’s side of the field this year?

20 minutes ago, AUApostle said:

I know there’s a lot of people wanting Ashford to start, but both TD drives were largely led by Thorne last night.  Have we seen Ashford lead a TD drive from Auburn’s side of the field this year?

RA has been just as instrumental. Against UGA 2nd half led the drive to a score. Yesterday 2nd half led the team to a field goal. Before the half he was moving them down the field. Soon as they took him out the drive stalled. If u can’t see how different the offense responds to the two quarterbacks idk what to tell u. PT not fighting on that 4 and 5 speaks volumes. 

*even though RA is most likely to run it’s rare he has a negative play. He even throws the ball away to save yards in which QB1 doesn’t 

Edited by e808

We cannot beat Ole Miss or any other really good passing team without a pass rush. I know JD is an elite QB, but we made him look like a world beater BC we got zero pressure on him. He sat back there for 5-10 seconds until a receiver came open.

Can't continue to happen. Would love to see Thorne be able to see the field better to find open receivers.

35 minutes ago, ArgoEagle said:

We cannot beat Ole Miss or any other really good passing team without a pass rush. I know JD is an elite QB, but we made him look like a world beater BC we got zero pressure on him. He sat back there for 5-10 seconds until a receiver came open.

Can't continue to happen. Would love to see Thorne be able to see the field better to find open receivers.

It's a catch 22. Our DL can't rush passer.  If we blitz, our secondary gets exposed. Just not very good up front on D.

6 hours ago, Win4AU said:

Frazier and Fairweather seem to be the only guys making plays in the passing game.

Camden Brown and Malcom Johnson too, when we throw to them. 

4 hours ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

Ashford starting and the Ashford offense. I don’t think there’s another scheme that can succeed at this moment in time. 

F that! That will set us back even further than we are right now. There is no downside to running what freeze wants to actually do which is be a pass first team. I don’t think running the elementary remedial offense we ran at the end of last year would result in any more wins this year. At some point we are going to have to be a pass first team. That’s modern football and that’s what freeze wants. Might as well keep practicing it even if the results are not good and it’s what recruits want to see. Plus we have to pass to set up the run not the other way around. Every team is stacking the box Vs us. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1