Freeze’s candor post LSU

RunInRed

9 minutes ago, RunInRed said:

Still goes as an L in the standings, either way. Plus freeze has had his fair share of finger pointing lol. Basically say you don’t know if we could win this game is indirect finger pointing. 

Edited by DAG
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 1

Look at what’s happening in Tallahassee and Gainesville.  Florida State is especially analogous.  Fire long term coach when program starts to fall apart, hire wrong coach, fire wrong coach within 2 years, start from the bottom, play terrible year 1, play a little better year 2, start winning year 3, year 4 Playoff contender.  I’d argue that Florida State is primed to get even better next year.  Their blue chip ratio Is still in the 30-40% range I believe.  Florida has been ready to fire Napier since his first season.  He’s quietly coached a 4-2 Florida team with a top 5 recruiting class.  

• Like 8

24 minutes ago, Win4AU said:

I’d argue that Florida State is primed to get even better next year.  Their blue chip ratio Is still in the 30-40% range I believe.  Florida has been ready to fire Napier since his first season.  He’s quietly coached a 4-2 Florida team with a top 5 recruiting class.

Recruiting has always solved problems.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

IS HF benching the most talented players that produce the results expected only to play the upper class men regardless of evaluations. The look on his face tells everything.

Brandon Frazier 
10:24 to 15:15 

Edited by Bottomfeeder

3 hours ago, DAG said:

Basically say you don’t know if we could win this game is indirect finger pointing.

This. I know he has said this, or a variation of, several times now in press conferences. While I appreciate his candor (and am so thankful we don't have the 'everything's FINE' coach speak anymore) the fact that he feels this way and VERBALIZES it can't do much to shore up fight in our guys. He has an Eeyore effect. 

Edited by WarrrEagleHey
  • Like 1

Regarding candor maybe going into the season u mention that u don’t have the guys that’s fine but every week is becoming redundant. The fans are well aware that the team is void of talent.

Rewind it back to last year and Caddy did the exact opposite. He made them feel empowered and the team played hard . That’s all u can ask. I think most were happy because u can see the effort was there

• Like 5
  • Thanks 3

"I don't know if we're built to be in a scoring match right now with LSU, or Ole Miss next week." Hugh Freeze

This is our coach one week ahead of the next game. I'll go ahead and put this one in the 'L' column. 🙄

He's GOT to know the effect this will have, right?

Edited by WarrrEagleHey
  • Like 1

We’re not built right, missing the players. After hearing it 47 times, dear lord we get it. All we’re asking for is … passion and looking mildly competent.

Edited by auburnatl1
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

3 hours ago, Viper said:

Recruiting has always solved problems.

I hope this is sarcasm because no it hasn't always. There are teams that recruit good every year in most years that don't translate to similar succes on the field. See Texas since Vince Young & the Vols pre Huepel.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, ellitor said:

I hope this is sarcasm because no it hasn't always. There are teams that recruit good every year in most years that don't translate to similar succes on the field. See Texas since Vince Young & the Vols pre Huepel.

Well, we certainly know what not recruiting gets us.

• Like 3
  • Love 2
  • Haha 3

I really hope I’m wrong, but he seems to be playing the long con - When I get my guys, we will win. 

2024 - More guys hit the portal than I expected. This was just our first full year of recruiting. Also, CPM is a good man that I respect. It just wasn’t working. 

2025 - We are getting close. This place was a mess whenI got here. More of our guys are now in the program. A couple more plays and we are back. 

2026 - You got to believe. This is where we turn it on. Can’t you feel it? Three full years of recruiting. Wow. I’m pumped. 

2027 - Jimmy, what’s my buyout and is Liberty back in play? Man, Gus and Brian were right. This is the best retirement program in America. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2
  • Facepalm 1

2 minutes ago, AU120289 said:

I really hope I’m wrong, but he seems to be playing the long con - When I get my guys, we will win. 

2024 - More guys hit the portal than I expected. This was just our first full year of recruiting. Also, CPM is a good man that I respect. It just wasn’t working. 

2025 - We are getting close. This place was a mess whenI got here. More of our guys are now in the program. A couple more plays and we are back. 

2026 - You got to believe. This is where we turn it on. Can’t you feel it? Three full years of recruiting. Wow. I’m pumped. 

2027 - Jimmy, what’s my buyout and is Liberty back in play? Man, Gus and Brian were right. This is the best retirement program in America. 

Imaginations are running wild.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, e808 said:

Regarding candor maybe going into the season u mention that u don’t have the guys that’s fine but every week is becoming redundant. The fans are well aware that the team is void of talent.

Rewind it back to last year and Caddy did the exact opposite. He made them feel empowered and the team played hard . That’s all u can ask. I think most were happy because u can see the effort was there

Exactly, to be considered an offensive guru, as many think of him, this offense is truly bad. Success at OM and Liberty, just doesn’t translate to what many of us expect from AU. I’m just hoping for 6 wins, but I’m not sure we get above 5 at this point. 

1 hour ago, ellitor said:

TexasA@M in that group as well

3 hours ago, ellitor said:

So if Saban had allowed Shula to 100% recruit for him, Saban would still have 6 trophies?

19 minutes ago, Viper said:

So if Saban had allowed Shula to 100% recruit for him, Saban would still have 6 trophies?

To me it's a 2 step process

Gotta recruit out if this mess

Then, gotta develop those recruits.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, AU120289 said:

He is still friends with Gus. Maybe this is the ultimate "F You" scheme in modern football history. 

Need better coaching, starting with him. Our roster is not on par with the elite teams yet, but there is no reason to be getting progressively worse on offense and defense. 

1 hour ago, Viper said:

That GOAT class are just Sophs.

I know, but his recruited well since he’s been there and the cupboard wasn’t completely bare when he arrived.