Freeze’s candor post LSU

RunInRed

14 hours ago, Win4AU said:

Look at what’s happening in Tallahassee and Gainesville.  Florida State is especially analogous.  Fire long term coach when program starts to fall apart, hire wrong coach, fire wrong coach within 2 years, start from the bottom, play terrible year 1, play a little better year 2, start winning year 3, year 4 Playoff contender.  I’d argue that Florida State is primed to get even better next year.  Their blue chip ratio Is still in the 30-40% range I believe.  Florida has been ready to fire Napier since his first season.  He’s quietly coached a 4-2 Florida team with a top 5 recruiting class.  

Florida got their manhood stolen by Utah and a third string QB and Kentucky. Just completely manhandled. They are extremely fortunate Beamer and South Carolina choked Saturday. They should not of won that game. Been pulling against them all season because Florida being bad should help us in recruiting.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Old fan 47 said:

Exactly, to be considered an offensive guru, as many think of him, this offense is truly bad. Success at OM and Liberty, just doesn’t translate to what many of us expect from AU. I’m just hoping for 6 wins, but I’m not sure we get above 5 at this point. 

Liberty is one thing but Ole Miss is in the same conference as us and is a much worse job than AU. The players he had at ole miss when he had it rolling is exactly the type of impact players we need and what it will take to get things rolling here.

• Like 4

9 hours ago, AU-24 said:

I know, but his recruited well since he’s been there and the cupboard wasn’t completely bare when he arrived. 

He recruited ok other than last yr’s class. IMO, he gets a mulligan on his starting QB going down. 

Everyone’s focusing on QB, but the entire team showed up unprepared…almost like the message they received was, “save it for next week”.  We looked wimpy…not sure I’ve seen an AU team ever play LSU like that.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, AUApostle said:

Everyone’s focusing on QB, but the entire team showed up unprepared…almost like the message they received was, “save it for next week”.  We looked wimpy…not sure I’ve seen an AU team ever play LSU like that.

Why don't you want anybody to talk about the QB. Who do you want to talk about?

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, cole256 said:

I didn't say that or imply that. Re-read.

6 hours ago, Viper said:

He recruited ok other than last yr’s class. IMO, he gets a mulligan on his starting QB going down. 

I can certainly agree with some of that.

6 hours ago, cole256 said:

I would guess all the other groups. Which group held their own from beginning of the game? All played pretty poorly. Maybe a very few individuals have decent stats but as groups most if not all we’re playing at half speed/energy level.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, cole256 said:

We don’t have a QB on the roster that would start at any other SEC school, and that includes Vandy

On 10/15/2023 at 10:57 AM, RunInRed said:

Can’t stand Beamer, but I don’t see one thing wrong with this. These guys are getting paid now, so buck up and do your job or risk getting called out by your coach. 

• Thanks 1