Ole Miss Visitor Thread

RunInRed

Hugh Freeze on Tiger Talk

Freeze said game day is different for him at Auburn because he's putting so much emphasis on recruiting. He said he meets with recruits before Tiger Walk and then again while Auburn is warming up before the game and then after the game as well.

"I feel like I have to meet with them," Freeze said.

Freeze said Auburn trailed its biggest rivals in recruting before he took the job. There's a graphic that "tells a scary story" about that, he said. "We've got to catch up with that... It will take a couple of years of recruiting."

• Like 2

Ryan Williams is back on an UOV?  Interesting……especially considering what a big game Bama/UT is.  

Edited by AEAugirl
  • Like 7
  • Thanks 1
  • Love 1

• ellitor changed the title to Ole Miss Visitor Thread
4 hours ago, RunInRed said:

Hugh Freeze on Tiger Talk

Freeze said game day is different for him at Auburn because he's putting so much emphasis on recruiting. He said he meets with recruits before Tiger Walk and then again while Auburn is warming up before the game and then after the game as well.

"I feel like I have to meet with them," Freeze said.

Freeze said Auburn trailed its biggest rivals in recruting before he took the job. There's a graphic that "tells a scary story" about that, he said. "We've got to catch up with that... It will take a couple of years of recruiting."

That's what I was afraid of about how far behind we are in recruiting. 

3 minutes ago, DAS252 said:

I was hoping to see more offensive linemen on today’s visitor list- only 2 and they’re both 2025 prospects…

OL recruiting is looking bad right now but keep in mind that many consider this a pretty low HS OL class.  The staff is being selective with the HS recruits and have always planned to look heavily towards the portal for these first few classes 

• Facepalm 1

I agree @AUGoo it's a head scratcher how bad our OL recruiting has been and how desperate we are for instant help. 

I'm glad it's finally being addressed.  I hope it comes through. 

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, bigbird said:

I agree @AUGoo it's a head scratcher how bad our OL recruiting has been and how desperate we are for instant help. 

I'm glad it's finally being addressed.  I hope it comes through. 

Any chance that Freeze makes another run at getting Matt Luke back into coaching?

6 minutes ago, CR said:

Any chance that Freeze makes another run at getting Matt Luke back into coaching?

I could see it

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, bigbird said:

OL recruiting is looking bad right now but keep in mind that many consider this a pretty low HS OL class.  The staff is being selective with the HS recruits and have always planned to look heavily towards the portal for these first few classes 

This is consistent with what our experts have been saying the whole time!  It’s going to be another portal year for us on the OL.  

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, bigbird said:

I could see it

That would be a game changer that is desperately needed

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DAS252 said:

I was hoping to see more offensive linemen on today’s visitor list- only 2 and they’re both 2025 prospects…

@DAS252 for what it’s worth even if they don’t visit most indications are we are in a good spot to flip Khalil House and to land Favour Edwin.

• Like 3

34 minutes ago, AUpreacherman22 said:

This is consistent with what our experts have been saying the whole time!  It’s going to be another portal year for us on the OL.  

@augolf1716 would appreciate your implication bird not being an expert. Lol.

• Love 1
  • Haha 1