Mark My Word 2005

DaddyBoyAU

I started a Mark My Word thread in the Predictions forum last year that had a moderate response. Just wanted to try it here on the main board this year, maybe it can later be moved to the Predictions forum.

Here are the rules:

1) Make a bold prediction. None of this "Auburn will beat Ball State this year" - that's wimpy. This is about making a chancy prediction - something you may have a "feeling" about, but most people would not go along with.

2) Predictions only! If you disagree with someone's "Mark My Word" and want to discuss it, start a new thread. No flaming unless someone makes a wimpy prediction (see rule number 1).

3) Not just limited to games - could be about coaching situations, AUNation members, Touchdown Auburn Bowl, etc.

4) And importantly, somewhere in your prediction, you've got to say "Mark My Word" - because you're sure that its going to happen.

It'll be fun to look back at the end of the season to see which ones came true.

Ok, I'll start:

Mark my word: After the first three games, Tennessee will be 1-2. After that they won't lose another regular season game.

I think they are overrated, and there's a couple of new SEC coaches who are after an early signature win. They'll go down. Mark my word. (echos)

Mark my wordS....Stephanous Maximus will beat one, maybe TWO, teams that he is not expected to beat. He will probably lose one or two that he shouldn't as well.

Mark my words...

UF wins the SEC East to face our Auburn Tigers in the SECCG.

Arkansas upsets USC (Southern Cal, South Carolina).

Texas wins the Big 12

Louisville wins the Big East going away

Va Tech wins the ACC again, barely beating out Miami

Michigan wins the Big Ten

all the mid majors, who cares...none of them will be close to competing for a top 10 spot. Boise St comes no where close to beating UGA, just for you slink!!!

Mark my words :

:uf: will go undefeated in the regular season but lose in the Rose Bowl.

Brandon Cox will throw for more yards in 11 games than JC did in 13.

:lsu: will lose to :arky:

Mark my words:

1. :au: will swat the bugs by 20 plus this weekend.

2. The AUNation tailgate party will be a blast

3. Miami will play for the national championship this year, IF they have a QB. See #4 below for opponent.

4. :au: will be in Atlanta again, IF they have a QB. See #3 above for opponent. :big:

5. USC will lose 2-3 games this year. They will realize that Norm Chow had more to do with their success than they ever knew. Close games were not pulled out of the fire against VTech, Oregon State, Stanford and UCLA with talent alone.

6. Lee Corso is still a tool bag.

Standing by my predictions...

Mark my words...

:uf: fired up over last years VERY BAD CALL @ :ut::uf: beats :ut: and :uf: is off on a tear the likes of which we never thought would happen.

:uf: vs :au: in SECG.

We get to SECCG...thru the back door. We lose to :lsu: but new coach has new coach issues and drops two more.

:ua: scares everyone they play and UPSETS one team. That saves Shula's job for two more years. Maybe :lsu: ? I dont know who, hopefully it wont be us.

Shula, before he is done will be the late comeback kid of coaching. It was his trademark as a QB at Bama. He will be the new Vince Dooley before he is done. It might not be at :ua: if he doesnt get moving soon though.

1. The Yellow Jackets are going to bring the "house" against Cox and the offensive line......HE must prove that he can handle the pressure....if not, then everyone else will blitz him all the time.....this is my biggest worry about the team....

2. Need to find a running game....and I don't think Smith and Stewart are the two to lead the charge....

3. Worry about the secondary.....

But if we can answer the top 3 with a yes...then AU in the BCS.....

Mark my words:

Auburn will have an OK year, going 8-3 with losses to GaTech, LSU, and UGA

LSU will win the west...UGA will win the East and LSU goes to the Sugar, because USC and Somebody University will be in the Rose Bowl.

Auburn goes to Cotton, and we recruit like mad for an all-world tailback and QB.

Mark My Word:

Brandon Cox will be a household name across America by the end of the season.

Brodie Croyle will be out for the season by Bama's 5th game. (Not wishing ill will on Brodie, simply a prediction)

Bama will beat Middle Tennessee State University on September 3, and immediately after the victory the Bama Nation will proclaim that "they're back". Somewhere a UAT fan will book a hotel California for the weekend of the Rose Bowl.

Mark my word. I will attend the WEN tailgate Saturday.

Mark my word (seriously this time), the SEC Champion this season will have at least 2 losses.

Mark My Word...

USC (californication edition) WILL lose a game this year and WILL NOT be in the Rose Bowl (except when (IF??) they play there during the regular season).

Matt Lienart will NOT win a second Heisman trophy. I am not sure who will, but it WILL NOT be Lienart.

Tennessee will NOT win the SEC East. They will have QB issues and more player disciplinary infractions to deal with. Maybe that is one of those "wimpy picks" given their track record, but I still say they will be dealing with more arrest records this season.

Mark My Words:

Brandon Cox will throw 3 touchdown passes and go 17-23 against Tech for 270 yards. The ground game will have 140 yards (Tre 70 Kenny 50 Carl 20). Either our defense or special teams will score a Touchdown. We will win 27-13.

We will be undefeated going to LSU.

Tennessee will lose to Alabama.

Florida will lost 3 games this year.

Ohio State beats Texas by 10 and Texas beats Oklahoma by 14.

USC will lose 2 games.

Vanderbilt will make a bowl game.

We will have 3 receivers drafted in the first 2 rounds.

Mark My Word

1. Auburn will win 10 games

2. Auburn beats LSU in overtime( actually I had a dream that i talked to coach tub and it was after the season had ended and we talked about the overtime victory in Baton Rouge, its not a prediction, but rather a preminition.)

3. Tennesse will be exposed by flip flopping QBs all season

4. UT DB Jason Allen will cover well but gets trucked by rbs all season ala` Ronnie Brown(laughs)

5. Mike Shula will be officially on the hot seat after after Alabama goes 3-5 after starting 3-0, and another disappointing loss in the music city bowl to Purdue. Defense keeps them in games but the bland offense still cant find their identity, Brodie Drafted in the late 3rd round, cut by middle of training camp. Goes on to a successful coaching career

6. LSU will be good but not great. Game high pass yards for their QBs- 151 by the only one with experience, and that was against arkansas state.

7. Courtney Taylor , Ben Obamanu, Anthony Mix, and Brandon Cox make you forget about last years offense.

8. Brandon Cox throws for 3,000

Mark my word:

1. We will have a great time at the WEN tailgate party this Saturday hosted by

AU tailgating Rules

2. We beat GT to start a nice season.

3. Brodie Croyle will not make it thru the season without injury.

4. We will beat bama again and enjoy another year of bragging rights.

5. It will be the final Saturday of regular season before we know who plays in the SECCG.

6. USC will go undefeated and win the MNC.

mark my words:

the winner of the big ten will play in the rose bowl (i think it'll be osu, but wouldn't be surprised by meeeechigan or iowa)

the winner of the pac ten will not

miami or florida state will pull it together and win the acc championship game

florida will finish only one game better than last year's record

florida won't finish in the top 3 in total offense in the conference

auburn's first loss will come at the hands of darth visor or the nutt

a one loss team will play for the mythical title

courtney will come back for his senior year; ben, devin, and anthony will all get drafted

bama will win 7 with only one coming against a team that finishes with more than 6 wins

oregon will be the first, but not the last, to beat the greatest team ever seen in the history of college football (or any other football for that matter), usc

Mark my words USC will loose 3 games this yr

:au:   beats GT  by 21 sat

brodie will never  start a game against  :au:

176824[/snapback]

He started in the 2003 Iron Bowl.

ok my $0.02

Mark my words

Brodie Croyle will finally put together a complete season without injury but Bama does not put together a complete season. They finish 7-4 with big losses to Florida, Auburn, LSU and Mississippi State.

Mark my words if the above happens the Bama faithful will say if Brodie had just handed the damn ball off they would be in the rose bowl.

Mark My words Auburn will finish with one loss and still make it to a BCS bowl.

Mark my words -

:au: beats :gt: Saturday 30 - 3.

:ua: has their third straight losing season and 4th of the last five.

:ua: loses 4 games by 10 or more points.

:ua: 's D is ranked no higher than 5th in the conference.

:ut: 's O is ranked no higher than 5th in the conference.

No one notices who wins the :vandy: / :uk: game.

:ut: loses to :uf: and :uga: ( :ut: has more off field incidents than points in this game)

Michigan and USC in the Rose bowl. USC wins by 17.

This one may take as much as three years to come true but the second head coach to follow Shula will post :ua: 's next season with 8 or more wins.

Double Secret Probation Mark My Words -

If I have to go through another freakin' hurricane I am moving to Idaho.

Mark my words:

Auburn's passing game this year will put up more points than the offense last year

This is the year that Texas beats OU and wins the Big XII

USC will squeak out a few close games and still play for the NCG

Urban Meyer's signature win will come this year at the expense of an overrated Tennesee football team

DJ Shockley will not fill the void left by David Greene!

By the end of the season, the nation will know why Jay Kutler is ranked as one of the best QBs in next year's draft as he leads Vandy to a bowl game.

Archived