New Mexico State Kickoff Time

Paladin

• Paladin changed the title to New Mexico State Kickoff Time

That’s home for this season! I will take it! Anything is better than 11am.

• Like 1

I know it's because they're lower profile games but SECN games have proven to be delightfully short--less than 3 hrs and 10 mins. So I'll take four straight games in that slot!

Edited by AUwent

20 hours ago, Paladin said:

Another 3 o'clock kickoff

RATZ! When we get the 3 pm kickoff, it means there are good games going on that I can't watch because AU comes first.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Mikey said:

RATZ! When we get the 3 pm kickoff, it means there are good games going on that I can't watch because AU comes first.

People complain about early kicks. People would complain if it were a night game and cold. 

I'm very happy with this time slot. 

• Thanks 1

Soooo happy with this time slot!!!  We're going to this game; 1st since pre-COVID!  We can get there early and walk the campus before kickoff.  11 am KO makes that impossible.  Where can I find the requested dress for this game?  Orange?  Blue?  White?  Section 51.....

Really want to take my son to his first game this weekend.  Wife and I haven't been to Auburn since 2014.  Weather is looking nice 68*.

Wife is getting back from China on Sunday and we are leaving the country again the Saturday after Thanksgiving.  Might be a lot....

• Like 4

14 minutes ago, W.E.D said:

Really want to take my son to his first game this weekend.  Wife and I haven't been to Auburn since 2014.  Weather is looking nice 68*.

Wife is getting back from China on Sunday and we are leaving the country again the Saturday after Thanksgiving.  Might be a lot....

How old is he?

29 minutes ago, KansasTiger said:

How old is he?

He's 3.  So we're gonna have to run on adrenalin and fight through a nap, lol.  Tiger Walk, Eagle Flight, Band/Player Enterance,  hopefully a half of football then probably head home at half time.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, W.E.D said:

He's 3.  So we're gonna have to run on adrenalin and fight through a nap, lol.  Tiger Walk, Eagle Flight, Band/Player Enterance,  hopefully a half of football then probably head home at half time.

You're braver than I am. I have two five year olds and i get one shot at taking them. So I def need them old enough to behave and remember the experience. 

• Like 1
  • Love 1

15 minutes ago, KansasTiger said:

You're braver than I am. I have two five year olds and i get one shot at taking them. So I def need them old enough to behave and remember the experience. 

One shot b/c of distance?  IDK what age you'd expect them to sit through 3 hours of a game and be engaged.  They'll remember it at 5.  A cupcake is perfect too b/c if you have to leave at half, you're not missing much

21 minutes ago, W.E.D said:

One shot b/c of distance?  IDK what age you'd expect them to sit through 3 hours of a game and be engaged.  They'll remember it at 5.  A cupcake is perfect too b/c if you have to leave at half, you're not missing much

One shot because of cost and distance, yes. So when we go, it'll be UGA or Bama, and we'll have to be decent cause I'm not spending a couple grand on travel, tickets, lodging, etc to watch us lose by 20+. Thinking 2025 when they're 7.

• Haha 1

51 minutes ago, W.E.D said:

If you get that far, it would be epic. My son’s first game we made it a quarter - just barely. You might want to consider ear protection for the little one, if not on your list already. 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, KansasTiger said:

One shot because of cost and distance, yes. So when we go, it'll be UGA or Bama, and we'll have to be decent cause I'm not spending a couple grand on travel, tickets, lodging, etc to watch us lose by 20+. Thinking 2025 when they're 7.

Every time I've bought expensive tickets I'm terrified if I just wasted a ton of money to watch us get destroyed.  Happened more often than not.  Probably the two main reasons I didn't bite on going to Phoenix or LA in '10 or '13.  I did cash in on UGA in 2013 and LSU in 2010.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, AU120289 said:

If you get that far, it would be epic. My son’s first game we made it a quarter - just barely. You might want to consider ear protection for the little one, if not on your list already. 

We made it through 5 innings at a Braves game.  I've thought about noise

4 hours ago, penguin149 said:

Soooo happy with this time slot!!!  We're going to this game; 1st since pre-COVID!  We can get there early and walk the campus before kickoff.  11 am KO makes that impossible.  Where can I find the requested dress for this game?  Orange?  Blue?  White?  Section 51.....

Same!!! Let me know! Thnx

No clue what we're getting into... Teen daughter got 2 Tix for Daddy's birthday present. Glad she got this game! Great to know 3pm kickoff. Gives us time to unknowingly wander around JHS for pregame, then experience the game and rolling toomers corner after. Might hit a forbidden bar afterwards...oh NO! Ha, she's driving! Gonna get to cross off #1 off bucket list. 

• Like 2

11 hours ago, W.E.D said:

We made it through 5 innings at a Braves game.  I've thought about noise

So the nursing school at Auburn has booths set up with packets for small children, including earmuffs that would make the experience better.  You have to return them after that game but well worth the hassle.  

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Dwayne Pride said:

So the nursing school at Auburn has booths set up with packets for small children, including earmuffs that would make the experience better.  You have to return them after that game but well worth the hassle.  

It really is. My son was wide eyed his first trip and the same for my daughter. The scope and impact of the experience is amazing to watch through their eyes. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, KansasTiger said:

Twins? My 2 boys just turned 3. I would love to take them around the same age, 5ish. My first SEC football memory was at 9- 1996, Tennessee vs UNLV. Wondering when is too early

Edited by WDE_OxPx_2010

28 minutes ago, WDE_OxPx_2010 said:

Twins? My 2 boys just turned 3. I would love to take them around the same age, 5ish. My first SEC football memory was at 9- 1996, Tennessee vs UNLV. Wondering when is too early

My son attended his first game at 18 months.  My grandson attended his first at 9 months.  Never too early. 

• Love 1

42 minutes ago, WDE_OxPx_2010 said:

Twins boys, indeed. So I know what you're going through, haha. My first memory is Ole Miss when I was about 5. My boys have been to multiple KState games (their mom is an alum) and I'd say this year they retained/paid attention to about 35%, but they enjoyed the atmosphere.

Edited by KansasTiger