How long will Republicans cling to the pro-life movement as it becomes less popular?

AU9377

4 hours ago, AU9377 said:

Number 1 - there was an attempt to get social media platforms to restrict the spreading of false and dangerous misinformation during an international pandemic that saw millions die.  You are worried about that, but not worried about the government's collection of all other sorts of data?

Number 2 - why would he act differently than every other President in history?  The former President spoke with Sean Hannity nightly.

Number 3 - This is rich.  The current administration has actually gone the extra mile in showing its distance from decisions made at the DOJ.  That is a far cry from his predecessor.

Number 4 - we need immigration reform.. What else is new?

Number 5 is misleading.  He never attempted to forgive all student loan debt.

Number 6 - At no time has the administration suggested that gas stoves should be banned. The EPA was asked to study the amount of methane produced and determine if those levels could be harmful indoors.  There are rebates and incentives to encourage people to buy electric appliances, but no bans.

7. Seems petty to me, but I have no idea.

8. More gun lobby stuff... God knows we don't have enough guns on the street.

1) Who cares what he claims his intent was - it’s authoritarian garbage to gain power he doesn’t have.   Also, who said I didn’t care about collection of personal data?  No need to put words in my mouth that I never said.

2) Speaking with some reporters more than others is one thing, intentionally freezing out reporters deemed “hostile” is a completely different matter.  Trump took more questions from a hostile media in one week than Biden has taken his whole presidency.   Trying to say he is just doing what every other president has done is disingenuous at best, and more likely pure dishonesty.  

3) Do you really believe that?  The fact that his biggest opponent just so happened to come under multiple indictments at that start of campaign season as opposed to the whole first 2 years of Biden’s presidency seems just a little coincidental don’t you think?   The DOJ letting charges against the president’s son lapse under statute of limitations seem odd?   How about a ridiculous plea deal that also precluded all future charges?   That deal was absurd and it took a judge stepping in to prevent it.  This is FAR from a neutral DOJ, keep drinking your Kool Aid.  

4) What else is new is not even enforcing the laws he has available to him.   To go even further, intentionally removing laws and tools he has to fight illegal immigration.   Not to mention deliberately undercutting state’s attempts to enforce their own laws.  He is circumventing laws and his duty in an attempt to sway future elections.   Pure Authoritarian garbage

5) Whether he tried to forgive all or some, it is power clearly outside his role.   More authoritarianism.

6) The EPA is under what branch?   Also, what about air conditioners and ceiling fans?   Crazy unilateral overreach - another example of authoritarian overreach   

7) You really need to do some unbiased research if you don’t know much about it.  “Finding a reason” to drive people out of business for minor clerical errors (we are NOT talking about criminal acts, that should be prosecuted) and bringing the full weight of the ATF / DOJ down on small business owners in an attempt to revoke their FFLs is pure authoritarian garbage.

8.) Trying to dismiss it doesn’t make it go away.   And it’s not “pure bun lobby stuff” it is pure fact.   There are estimates of 3-7 MILLION stabilizing braces in law abiding citizens possession and they have been there for over a decade.  Chairman Biden unilaterally deceeed them to be illegal on a whim, and save an injunction in the 5th circuit court would have made millions of lawful citizens unknowingly felons overnight.   

Sorry, but each and everyone of these are perfect examples of Biden’s authoritarian policies and you have debunked none of them.   

Edited by GoAU
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Dislike 1

5 hours ago, GoAU said:

1) Who cares what he claims his intent was - it’s authoritarian garbage to gain power he doesn’t have.   Also, who said I didn’t care about collection of personal data?  No need to put words in my mouth that I never said.

2) Speaking with some reporters more than others is one thing, intentionally freezing out reporters deemed “hostile” is a completely different matter.  Trump took more questions from a hostile media in one week than Biden has taken his whole presidency.   Trying to say he is just doing what every other president has done is disingenuous at best, and more likely pure dishonesty.  

3) Do you really believe that?  The fact that his biggest opponent just so happened to come under multiple indictments at that start of campaign season as opposed to the whole first 2 years of Biden’s presidency seems just a little coincidental don’t you think?   The DOJ letting charges against the president’s son lapse under statute of limitations seem odd?   How about a ridiculous plea deal that also precluded all future charges?   That deal was absurd and it took a judge stepping in to prevent it.  This is FAR from a neutral DOJ, keep drinking your Kool Aid.  

4) What else is new is not even enforcing the laws he has available to him.   To go even further, intentionally removing laws and tools he has to fight illegal immigration.   Not to mention deliberately undercutting state’s attempts to enforce their own laws.  He is circumventing laws and his duty in an attempt to sway future elections.   Pure Authoritarian garbage

5) Whether he tried to forgive all or some, it is power clearly outside his role.   More authoritarianism.

6) The EPA is under what branch?   Also, what about air conditioners and ceiling fans?   Crazy unilateral overreach - another example of authoritarian overreach   

7) You really need to do some unbiased research if you don’t know much about it.  “Finding a reason” to drive people out of business for minor clerical errors (we are NOT talking about criminal acts, that should be prosecuted) and bringing the full weight of the ATF / DOJ down on small business owners in an attempt to revoke their FFLs is pure authoritarian garbage.

8.) Trying to dismiss it doesn’t make it go away.   And it’s not “pure bun lobby stuff” it is pure fact.   There are estimates of 3-7 MILLION stabilizing braces in law abiding citizens possession and they have been there for over a decade.  Chairman Biden unilaterally deceeed them to be illegal on a whim, and save an injunction in the 5th circuit court would have made millions of lawful citizens unknowingly felons overnight.   

Sorry, but each and everyone of these are perfect examples of Biden’s authoritarian policies and you have debunked none of them.   

The choice next year will likely be between someone who is much much more authoritarian and has pledged to use the DOJ to actively pursue "retribution" of some kind and Biden.  I doubt those authoritarian actions will bother many on the far right when it comes time to vote.  It simply makes for talking points on Fox, OAN and the other media that cultivates their audience based on culture war politics.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, AU9377 said:

The choice next year will likely be between someone who is much much more authoritarian and has pledged to use the DOJ to actively pursue "retribution" of some kind and Biden.  I doubt those authoritarian actions will bother many on the far right when it comes time to vote.  It simply makes for talking points on Fox, OAN and the other media that cultivates their audience based on culture war politics.

I mean sure, Trump may want to replace the entire federal government workforce with ideological political allies, ignore the Constitution, and overturn election results, but BIDEN is pushing for more energy efficient household appliances...and that's a level of totalitarian overreach that people like GOAU just can't accept. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, CoffeeTiger said:

I mean sure, Trump may want to replace the entire federal government workforce with ideological political allies, ignore the Constitution, and overturn election results, but BIDEN is pushing for more energy efficient household appliances...and that's a level of totalitarian overreach that people like GOAU just can't accept. 

Yes... damn Biden for the light bulbs, but ignore Trump's pledge to use the DOJ like a Gestapo.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, AU9377 said:

So, someone who allegedly pledged to pursue retribution (I haven’t seen the actual quote or video) is worse than someone who is actually doing it?  

Once again, you state Trump is authoritarian, ignore the specific examples on Biden and just keep regurgitating the same party lines.  

3 hours ago, CoffeeTiger said:

It has to do with a lot more than appliances - just selectively pick and choose.   Other than repeating liberal media hyperbole, care to cite any specific examples of Trumps authoritarianism?   

Care to name any political appointees that Biden made to anyone that wasn’t aligned with his political agenda?  

The issue isn’t “pushing for” ita making authoritarian edicts that is the issue.  

3 hours ago, AU9377 said:

Yes... damn Biden for the light bulbs, but ignore Trump's pledge to use the DOJ like a Gestapo.

Or a Biden actually doing it?   Keep burying your head in the sand.  

And in event you missed it the few dozen times I’ve said it - Trump is not my first choice in either election but I’d gladly take him over Biden.   

• Facepalm 1
  • Sad 1

7 minutes ago, GoAU said:

So, someone who allegedly pledged to pursue retribution (I haven’t seen the actual quote or video) is worse than someone who is actually doing it?  

Once again, you state Trump is authoritarian, ignore the specific examples on Biden and just keep regurgitating the same party lines.  

It has to do with a lot more than appliances - just selectively pick and choose.   Other than repeating liberal media hyperbole, care to cite any specific examples of Trumps authoritarianism?   

Care to name any political appointees that Biden made to anyone that wasn’t aligned with his political agenda?  

The issue isn’t “pushing for” ita making authoritarian edicts that is the issue.  

Or a Biden actually doing it?   Keep burying your head in the sand.  

And in event you missed it the few dozen times I’ve said it - Trump is not my first choice in either election but I’d gladly take him over Biden.   

The danger of trump isn’t policy.  Different subject. A very very dark guy.  I would much prefer Biden and a Republican Congress to the long term damage he’d cause to the republic. Imo he’s a cult figure that brings out the worse in people and a clear and present danger.

Sigh! Yet another discussion that starts out on one topic (in this case, abortion and the Republican Party) and within a few posts is all about Trump.

Let's be clear-eyed. If Trump runs on an anti-abortion platform, he will lose bigly. If he sidesteps the issue (as he is trying to do now) but supports anti-abortion candidates, those Republican candidates will lose bigly.

Republicans are going to lose control of the House and the Senate because of this one issue. And if the Democrats tie Trump into the Republican avowed intention to ban abortion nationally, he will lose bigly as well.

Even in red-leaning states, abortion (and especially Republican laws condemning children, victims of rape and incest, and doctor/patient efforts to protect women's lives) trying to criminalize girls and women for traveling out of state for health care -- these are poison for Republican candidates.

Yes, Republicans have gerrymandered states to the point that votes no longer count in elections. But this autocratic policy-making will corrode their hold over time.

20 hours ago, GoAU said:

Other than repeating liberal media hyperbole, care to cite any specific examples of Trumps authoritarianism? 

Are you serious? 

Are you really that insulated?

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/2023/11/12/trump-rally-vermin-political-opponents/

Trump calls political enemies ‘vermin,’ echoing dictators Hitler, Mussolini

On Veterans Day, the former president vowed to “root out” his liberal opponents, drawing backlash from historians who say his rhetoric is reminiscent of authoritarians

---------------

https://www.vanityfair.com/news/2023/11/donald-trump-authoritarian-second-term

Donald Trump Isn’t Even Trying to Hide His Authoritarian Second-Term Plans

The former president is telling the country exactly what he wants to do. Are voters listening?
----------------------

A lot of Americans embrace Trump’s authoritarianism

---------------

https://www.justsecurity.org/70544/trumps-moves-are-right-out-of-the-authoritarian-playbook/

Trump’s Moves Are Right Out of the Authoritarian Playbook

---------------------------

https://www.cnn.com/2023/11/14/politics/trump-extreme-rhetoric-analysis/index.html

Trump’s extreme rhetoric conjures the prospect of a presidency like no other

-------------------

https://www.reuters.com/world/us/payback-time-trump-plans-mass-firings-deportations-second-term-2023-11-14/

Trump's second-term agenda: deportations,  trade wars, civil servant firings

--------------------

https://www.wbur.org/cognoscenti/2023/11/15/trump-authoritarianism-2024-election-vermin-steve-almond

Trump is a clear and present danger

---------------------

------------------------

https://www.newyorker.com/news/our-columnists/trumps-fascistic-rhetoric-only-emphasizes-the-stakes-in-2024

Trump’s Fascistic Rhetoric Only Emphasizes the Stakes in 2024

As he leads the polls nearly a year out from Election Day, the former President is taking the sort of hateful language that in the past he’s used about immigrants and applying it to his political enemies.

------------------

Donald Trump's Authoritarian Politics of Memory

--------------------

https://nymag.com/intelligencer/article/trump-authoritarianism-capitol-insurrection-mob-coup.html

Trump Authoritarianism Denial Is Over Now

I could go on......

• Thanks 2

If you study how mafia bosses work you understand Trump. Dont overthink it - read any book or article on mafia org structure mechanics. Family members 1st in org, 3rd-4th in the command structure is legal team, most important member attribute is loyalty, kick back oriented, ect.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, homersapien said:

Are you serious? 

Are you really that insulated?

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/2023/11/12/trump-rally-vermin-political-opponents/

Trump calls political enemies ‘vermin,’ echoing dictators Hitler, Mussolini

On Veterans Day, the former president vowed to “root out” his liberal opponents, drawing backlash from historians who say his rhetoric is reminiscent of authoritarians

---------------

https://www.vanityfair.com/news/2023/11/donald-trump-authoritarian-second-term

Donald Trump Isn’t Even Trying to Hide His Authoritarian Second-Term Plans

The former president is telling the country exactly what he wants to do. Are voters listening?
----------------------

A lot of Americans embrace Trump’s authoritarianism

---------------

https://www.justsecurity.org/70544/trumps-moves-are-right-out-of-the-authoritarian-playbook/

Trump’s Moves Are Right Out of the Authoritarian Playbook

---------------------------

https://www.cnn.com/2023/11/14/politics/trump-extreme-rhetoric-analysis/index.html

Trump’s extreme rhetoric conjures the prospect of a presidency like no other

-------------------

https://www.reuters.com/world/us/payback-time-trump-plans-mass-firings-deportations-second-term-2023-11-14/

Trump's second-term agenda: deportations,  trade wars, civil servant firings

--------------------

https://www.wbur.org/cognoscenti/2023/11/15/trump-authoritarianism-2024-election-vermin-steve-almond

Trump is a clear and present danger

---------------------

------------------------

https://www.newyorker.com/news/our-columnists/trumps-fascistic-rhetoric-only-emphasizes-the-stakes-in-2024

Trump’s Fascistic Rhetoric Only Emphasizes the Stakes in 2024

As he leads the polls nearly a year out from Election Day, the former President is taking the sort of hateful language that in the past he’s used about immigrants and applying it to his political enemies.

------------------

Donald Trump's Authoritarian Politics of Memory

--------------------

https://nymag.com/intelligencer/article/trump-authoritarianism-capitol-insurrection-mob-coup.html

Trump Authoritarianism Denial Is Over Now

I could go on......

But the theme is the same - you cite liberal sources saying essentially “Trump is saying or threatening authoritarian things”, what I cited are things Biden has actually done.   You stated Trump was authoritarian, you have 4 years of his first term to provide some examples, and instead you post nothing more then fear mongering rhetoric.   Not the same…..

• Dislike 2

6 minutes ago, GoAU said:

But the theme is the same - you cite liberal sources saying essentially “Trump is saying or threatening authoritarian things”, what I cited are things Biden has actually done.   You stated Trump was authoritarian, you have 4 years of his first term to provide some examples, and instead you post nothing more then fear mongering rhetoric.   Not the same…..

I think the authoritarian term has become stale. Instantly just turns into - well, Biden is worse. More race to the bottom stuff. And I’m not about to defend Biden or his admin. 

But sincerely, do you believe trump believes in democracy, literally understands right vs wrong, and ultimately is good for the country (this is bigger than just a policy question)?

As I side note. I can tell you as a fiscal conservative, trump economically  is the most liberal spend money we don’t have president in American history. I can see why he’s gone bankrupt countless times and always needing loans. From a debt perspective - he’s an existential threat.

3 hours ago, auburnatl1 said:

I think the authoritarian term has become stale. Instantly just turns into - well, Biden is worse. More race to the bottom stuff. And I’m not about to defend Biden or his admin. 

But sincerely, do you believe trump believes in democracy, literally understands right vs wrong, and ultimately is good for the country (this is bigger than just a policy question)?

As I side note. I can tell you as a fiscal conservative, trump economically  is the most liberal spend money we don’t have president in American history. I can see why he’s gone bankrupt countless times and always needing loans. From a debt perspective - he’s an existential threat.

I’ve said numerous times, in this thread and others, that Trump was not my first choice in 2016 (although he did do better than I thought he would) and he’s bo my first choice in 2024.   I am 100% sure he would do a much better job than Biden though.  

What’s hilarious is watching the liberals work themselves into a frenzy at the mere thought of it.  

• Sad 1

13 minutes ago, GoAU said:

I’ve said numerous times, in this thread and others, that Trump was not my first choice in 2016 (although he did do better than I thought he would) and he’s bo my first choice in 2024.   I am 100% sure he would do a much better job than Biden though.  

What’s hilarious is watching the liberals work themselves into a frenzy at the mere thought of it.  

If manchin runs I’ll vote him. Respectfully, I simply couldnt vote for Trump in any circumstance.

• Haha 1

On 11/15/2023 at 7:35 PM, GoAU said:

It is obvious that you really don't know what authoritarian actions are.

• Like 1
  • Facepalm 1

3 hours ago, homersapien said:

It is obvious that you really don't know what authoritarian actions are.

It’s not that complicated, and contrary to your belief, it is not “whatever Trump does that you don’t like”.  But keep following the leftist hive and regurgitating whatever you’re told.  

• Facepalm 1

On 11/12/2023 at 2:56 PM, Aufan59 said:

I disagree.  For large metropolitan areas to have less influence, one vote in a metropolitan area must be worth significantly less than a vote elsewhere.

In senate voting, this can be as high as 70:1.  

Not a great system.

Sounds totally fair to the roustabout in middle-of-nowhere-Alaska!

14 hours ago, NolaAuTiger said:

Sounds totally fair to the roustabout in middle-of-nowhere-Alaska!

One equal vote per person regardless of where you live seems very fair to me.

• Like 3

17 hours ago, GoAU said:

It’s not that complicated, and contrary to your belief, it is not “whatever Trump does that you don’t like”.  But keep following the leftist hive and regurgitating whatever you’re told.  

Dear lord.This is debating for debating’s sake. Trump once admitted he’s never even looked at the constitution. Hint: when any negative information about you is immediately fake, you endorse candidates only based on total loyalty (not ability - ie Hershel friggin walker), you refuse to concede for the 1st time in American history plus throw in 1/6 - it’s a kinda a… warning sign.  Watching maga try to rationalize stuff is becoming a spectator sport.

• Thanks 1
  • Facepalm 1

17 hours ago, GoAU said:

e89311fa5c4e1ae5ad2a46aaca308181.jpg.4bcd344cde3586ac5fe4cf4f3d8105f2.jpg 

14 minutes ago, homersapien said:

e89311fa5c4e1ae5ad2a46aaca308181.jpg.4bcd344cde3586ac5fe4cf4f3d8105f2.jpg 

Btw - to be clear, while I do see trump and maga as a cancer within conservatism, I also see Bidens policies (which are now much more liberal than his history) and his personal/family affairs as problematic.  It’s physics, everything always tries to reach equilibrium - if one side extremes one way, the other side frantically reacts further out to balance. Why is it that someone like manchin, a classic compromise-based moderate, vilified by both and has no party to align to? I see both progressives (not mainstream democrats) and maga as bipolar militant ideologies that are accountable for this mess.

4 hours ago, auburnatl1 said:

Dear lord.This is debating for debating’s sake. Trump once admitted he’s never even looked at the constitution. Hint: when any negative information about you is immediately fake, you endorse candidates only based on total loyalty (not ability - ie Hershel friggin walker), you refuse to concede for the 1st time in American history plus throw in 1/6 - it’s a kinda a… warning sign.  Watching maga try to rationalize stuff is becoming a spectator sport.

The same could be said of the Democratic Party - defending candidates blindly.  

Keep defending the endless corruption of Biden…. 

1 minute ago, GoAU said:

The same could be said of the Democratic Party - defending candidates blindly.  

Keep defending the endless corruption of Biden…. 

Biden doesn’t know what day it is. The “but they’re just a bad” thing must get exhausting.  Of the right and wrong basics we teach all of our kids - trump literally violates all of them.

4 minutes ago, auburnatl1 said:

Biden doesn’t know what day it is. The “but they’re just a bad” thing must get exhausting.  Of the right and wrong basics we teach all of our kids - trump literally violates all of them.

Since you clearly have a comprehension issue, I’ll repeat again - I am not advocating for Trump.  I’d rather him not run again, but if he does he’s still better than Biden.  

You clearly have some sort of fixation on Trump.  Maybe repressed feelings?  

3 minutes ago, GoAU said:

Since you clearly have a comprehension issue, I’ll repeat again - I am not advocating for Trump.  I’d rather him not run again, but if he does he’s still better than Biden.  

You clearly have some sort of fixation on Trump.  Maybe repressed feelings?  

Yep, that’s me

• Like 1