How long will Republicans cling to the pro-life movement as it becomes less popular?

AU9377

9 hours ago, NolaAuTiger said:

I think the 1787 Constitutional Convention got it right. But what do I know?

It got a lot wrong, hence it being amended hundreds of years later.

• Like 2

18 hours ago, NolaAuTiger said:

I think the 1787 Constitutional Convention got it right. But what do I know?

If they got it so right, it wouldn't have needed amending 27 times.

• Like 2
  • Facepalm 1

8 hours ago, AU9377 said:

If they got it so right, it wouldn't have needed amending 27 times.

The brilliance of it was that it had  an evolution/ fix mechanism integrated right into it. Plus the humility to recognize it would always be changing. Imo one of the greatest documents in human history 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, auburnatl1 said:

The brilliance of it was that it had  an evolution/ fix mechanism integrated right into it. Plus the humility to recognize it would always be changing. Imo one of the greatest documents in human history 

I agree with that.  That is why I roll my eyes at the idea that every word should be strictly construed.  Two different ideas that stand alone, yet are strangely related.

32 minutes ago, AU9377 said:

I agree with that.  That is why I roll my eyes at the idea that every word should be strictly construed.  Two different ideas that stand alone, yet are strangely related.

Gifted authors. Left and right. We don’t elect based on ability like that anymore.  Which I would suggest is a huge part of our problem.  We complain about our politicians being dumb and nuts - because they are.  Our fault.

• Like 3

The original law in Mississippi was for 12? week time limit for abortion. Of course the Rep Crazies took the opportunity to basically make Abortion Illegal. The only thing persistent is the CRAZY Republican ideology that trumps sound policy and politics.

3 hours ago, NolaAuTiger said:

You’re an idiot.

LOL - that was said in jest, but conclude whatever you want.  My confidence in my own intellect stopped needing to be pumped up long before the words smart and phone went together.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, AU9377 said:

LOL - that was said in jest, but conclude whatever you want.  My confidence in my own intellect stopped needing to be pumped up long before the words smart and phone went together.

I’m joking. Anyway, happy basketball season.