Men vs SE Louisiana Game Thread

Maverick.AU

It can occasionally be hard to find the most takeaways in these lesser games, but I would really love to see a concerted effort to keep the "others" involved in the offense in the second half. I think we're definitely going to need to get something out of the CBMs, Chaneys, CMOs to prevent guys from just bringing constant help on our PGs and Broome, ala last season.

2 minutes ago, bigbird said:

Need someone to drive to the hole and settle us down

Agreed. Need to work inside out. No reason why we shouldn't be scoring inside on this team. Especially since we aren't shooting well right now.

Edited by GTNupe11
  • Like 1

Bruce has hamstrung us a bit with his lineups. 

Playing Aden with the 2nd unit seems smart - you give them an offensive creator - but it means fewer good looks for our other two best shooters, CBM and Denver. 

Our best lineup is Johni, Jaylin, CBM, Denver and Aden. The less they play together the worse this team will be. 

• Like 1

I missed the first few minutes (that may be why our shooting was off). KD has been a beast in the first half. Broome getting things done (the shoulder brace scares me). Aden is going to be really special! CBM looks good. CMo seemed to be guarding their best player (who killed us). I think we win by 30.

Hoping for a better second half. Really struggled shooting in the first. Gotta do better around the basket with our size advantage. D played well and not as many stupid fouls as the first game. Looks like we are trying to figure out what combo of players plays best together. Lot of subbing

2 minutes ago, Dunndone414 said:

Bruce has hamstrung us a bit with his lineups. 

Playing Aden with the 2nd unit seems smart - you give them an offensive creator - but it means fewer good looks for our other two best shooters, CBM and Denver. 

Our best lineup is Johni, Jaylin, CBM, Denver and Aden. The less they play together the worse this team will be. 

Games like this are the time to experiment. 

• Like 2