Men vs SE Louisiana Game Thread

Maverick.AU

Gonna get the win but kinda weird game. Couldn’t put it away but can’t really point to any really poor play. Shot it better in second half. Scored 80+ again. Maybe just gotta give the opener credit for a well fought game. 

• Like 2

I guess you need these games where you just turn the guys loose once you get up by 15. 
But I have flashbacks of losing nice leads from last season.

Solid win. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, auburnatl1 said:

Notre dame next. Definitely a beefy preseason schedule 

As luck would have it, ND should be one of the worst teams in the P5 this season. We have a nice opportunity to get on a roll and win out up to the USC game. 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, MDM4AU said:

I know it doesn’t matter now but could someone please explain to me how that was a hook and hold on Johni? What am I missing here?

Should’ve not been called. No advantage was gained, no tugging involved.  Common foul if anything. 

Got to improve a ton to go to Tournament. Good thing it was S E La. We played out of wack most of game. They only turned the ball over 9 times. That means D pressure was not there. 
I am not one to complain about Refs since we stupidly foul, but 4/5 bad calls made the game closer. 

I picked we would go 20-11 this year. We play like tonight regularly and we will be good winning 17-18. 

• Haha 1

42 minutes ago, cole256 said:

I think Chaney may have the most potential on the team

Interesting.  I didn't see the game, but looking at stats, his 11 rebounds stood out, even though his shooting was off.  Can you elaborate?

1 hour ago, cole256 said:

I was surprised to see him shoot the 3 as much as he did. Hopefully he can get those to fall in the future. 

5 hours ago, cole256 said:

Yep!

Game is a little fast right now but when it slows down, he's gonna impress a lot of people.

What did he have, 11 boards in his 2nd SEC game? 

• Like 1
  • Love 1

8 hours ago, Cardin Drake said:

Interesting.  I didn't see the game, but looking at stats, his 11 rebounds stood out, even though his shooting was off.  Can you elaborate?

Just watching him play....Now I'm not saying he's as good as this player because he's not, Ican just see if he adds some things that I think he may be able to add he could be kwaihLeonard like. 

He could end up being like chumma. This is not to toot my horn but I would get a bunch of disagreement from people when I would try to explain how he was the best player on the team. And when it was tournament time he had put stuff together and he was easily that. If he hadn't gotten hurt not only do we win the title we win it EASY. I sort of see the same things in

Chaney's game.....but it's only been a couple of games and I don't supposed to be saying stuff like that yet but I'm having trouble holding back some stuff I'm seeing and not joining some discussions

• Like 4

30 minutes ago, cole256 said:

Just watching him play....Now I'm not saying he's as good as this player because he's not, Ican just see if he adds some things that I think he may be able to add he could be kwaihLeonard like. 

He could end up being like chumma. This is not to toot my horn but I would get a bunch of disagreement from people when I would try to explain how he was the best player on the team. And when it was tournament time he had put stuff together and he was easily that. If he hadn't gotten hurt not only do we win the title we win it EASY. I sort of see the same things in

Chaney's game.....but it's only been a couple of games and I don't supposed to be saying stuff like that yet but I'm having trouble holding back some stuff I'm seeing and not joining some discussions

I haven’t seen AU play yet this season, but I agree 100% on Chuma.   He was playing as good as anyone to ever wear an Auburn jersey before he got hurt.   

Interesting thoughts on Chaney. I’ve thought he doesn’t look super smooth running around out there. Actually thought he had a poor game last night until I looked at the stat seat. And while he didn’t shoot well he still contributed in other ways. Look forward to seeing how he develops over the season. 

Also can’t wait for Denver to find his place in the offense. That guy will get going soon. He is way too good of an offense player not to. When he does look out. 

• Like 1

I did not see much of last nights game.  Production is not the same but chaney’s body language in the first game reminded me of Traore last year.  Tentative and unsure.  Chuma was tentative initially as a freshman.  Hope Chaney becomes that guy.

10 hours ago, cole256 said:

I am really glad to read that! You see LOTS of things I don't see. He seemed out of sorts last night. I didn't realize he had 11 rebounds.