Jimbo fired

AEAugirl

Just now, TeamZero77 said:

We won 12 in 2013 and 10 in 2017. We also won the SEC in 2013 and played for the SEC title in 2017. They've went 11-2 once and have never won the SEC West.

Yeah, I forgot about the 10 in ‘17. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Gowebb11 said:

Good analysis. I think the Big 10 thing is potentially problematic over time. Flying back and forth over 3 time zones all season is going to be tiresome for the players and coaches. Not to mention costly for the fans over time. 

True. I feel really bad for Stanford and Cal, who are both joining the ACC next year. That will absolutely suck for them with all that traveling. It was pretty bad for us flying to play Cal this year. Cal and Stanford will be doing alot of that starting next year.

1 minute ago, TeamZero77 said:

True. I feel really bad for Stanford and Cal, who are both joining the ACC next year. That will absolutely suck for them with all that traveling. It was pretty bad for us flying to play Cal this year. Cal and Stanford will be doing alot of that starting next year.

It will impact baseball and football too. And all sports for that matter. I can’t imagine the cost of that plus the logistical challenges. How many Oregon fans are going to bother flying cross country to watch games against Purdue or Rutgers. 😅

15 minutes ago, TeamZero77 said:

Some of their games will start at brunch time on the left coast. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Gowebb11 said:

It will impact baseball and football too. And all sports for that matter. I can’t imagine the cost of that plus the logistical challenges. How many Oregon fans are going to bother flying cross country to watch games against Purdue or Rutgers. 😅

Not to mention weekday basketball games. 

• Like 2

55 minutes ago, Gowebb11 said:

43 minutes ago, Dwayne Pride said:

Not to mention weekday basketball games. 

The Big Ten can actually do some scheduling to help with the mid week traveling by schedule the home and home games between Oregon, Washington, USC and UCLA on the week nights and do the long distance trips on the weekends. They’d still have some long weekday trips but could probably alternate every other week with the above option to help out. 

• Like 1

On 11/12/2023 at 8:57 AM, bigbird said:

He'd be scary there.

If they were smart, they'd look at Phil Longo. Tons of ties in state from his time at SHSU and a proven offense

Eh again, I know everyone thinks that Lanning is going to be another Saban/Kirby but while he has done well at Oregon that doesn't mean that he would do well at ATM. I'll keep saying this since I guess I am the only one, there are no home runs out there, he may work really well there and he may be a complete flop in the SEC. I personally do not like the guy but everyone has there opinion but I do not think he has enough head coaching experience to say one way or another, I guess we will see.

One positive I no longer have to see Auburn be on the top of the list for paying off a coach to leave, this one is crazy money...lol.

13 hours ago, sevenlee36 said:

Who will be the front runner ? Dan Lanning, Kiffin, …

Kitten, what has he shown, can win some games but not the big ones...not sure why everyone is so high on him, until he can show that he can field a defense I do not see much that he has done...

46 minutes ago, bishoptf said:

Kitten, what has he shown, can win some games but not the big ones...not sure why everyone is so high on him, until he can show that he can field a defense I do not see much that he has done...

Texas AM is nervous with Texas coming into the league they will look to make a “splash” hire, not sure who that will be.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, sevenlee36 said:

Texas AM is nervous with Texas coming into the league they will look to make a “splash” hire, not sure who that will be.

Urban Myer?

6 minutes ago, sevenlee36 said:

Yeah. understand but what I was saying above, there are no slam dunks, sometimes it works and its great like Saban at Bama or Kirby at Thuga but it's really a crapshoot...I mean they thought Dumbo was going to take them to the promise land...Napier at florida etc and etc...everyone thinks Lanning is the next coming but reality says no one really knows...:)

18 minutes ago, bishoptf said:

Yeah. understand but what I was saying above, there are no slam dunks, sometimes it works and its great like Saban at Bama or Kirby at Thuga but it's really a crapshoot...I mean they thought Dumbo was going to take them to the promise land...Napier at florida etc and etc...everyone thinks Lanning is the next coming but reality says no one really knows...:)

How bout Dabo or Hugh? Dabo’s recent performance is down but they can boast they have a HC that has won a couple NTs.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, sevenlee36 said:

How bout Dabo or Hugh? Dabo’s recent performance is down but they can boast they have a HC that has won a couple NTs.

At least Dabo has a record of pretty good performance, I think the stubborn streak has hit him in regards to NIL, he either is going to embrace it or he may continue to go downhill. He has put together and would get the benefit of the doubt to see how it goes but IMHO kitten has shown that he can win a few games and is a good fit for a program that is ok with that like Ole Miss...

10 hours ago, clwn said:

Urban Myer?

I think Urban's behavior with the Jaguars has about sealed his fate to get another big job.

Urban's ego will only let him consider the upper echelon jobs where he can win Natty's pretty quickly. The thing is, those type schools won't associate with him since his image has taken a big hit the last few years. I don't ever see Urban coaching again tbh. 

After reading this article about how stubborn & stupid Jimbo was, I think whomever the next coach is will do just fine at TAMU.  

... Meanwhile, Fisher's singular focus on running his program his way didn't endear him to many people on campus. Fisher was the decision-maker on everything, and if you questioned why something was done a certain way, you were likely to be met with an angry response, sources said. (Fisher did not return a message seeking comment for this story.)

That included habits like Fisher's desire to travel to road games on Thursday nights, meaning players and staff left campus shortly after practice, and sometimes didn't get to hotels until late in the evening or early mornings. Then they'd wake up on Friday mornings and have meetings and just wait around for the game.

"No one does that," one Power 5 operations director said. "It impacts academics, takes staff away from their families -- and there's nothing to do. You're just asking for players to get in trouble."

A staff member agreed: "You just felt like you were there for so long. That kind of wears on the players."

The results bear that out. The Aggies have lost nine straight road games dating to the 2021 season. They were 0-9 against ranked teams on the road during Fisher's entire tenure. When something wasn't working, it seemed like Fisher was reluctant to change.  ...

I don't want Texas A&M managing my investment portfolio! They are already 76 million in the hole with Jimbo! Who are they going to get that is that much better than him? A&M last title was like 1939. Are they that far from common sense? 

38 minutes ago, E'Town4Bama said:

I don't want Texas A&M managing my investment portfolio! They are already 76 million in the hole with Jimbo! Who are they going to get that is that much better than him? A&M last title was like 1939. Are they that far from common sense? 

I hear some guy named Dick Maban is the front runner

• Haha 2