Bo Nix signs deal with Google.

AU9377

3 minutes ago, AU9377 said:

The guy is flourishing without us😂

It’s like getting out of a relationship, getting in shape, and landing a great job. 

• Like 6

I haven't exactly rooted for him since he transferred out, but don't mind seeing his success. He definitely left for a better situation, sadly. It was the right decision. We might have picked up another 1-2 wins last year, but we wouldn't have been great, he wouldn't have had as much fun, and we would have ended up stuck with Harsin for another season or two.

Edited by Zinzan
  • Like 2

He’s already a very successful Auburn alum!  That’s the whole point of graduating from Auburn.

His accomplishments:

1. Has a degree from Auburn.

2 Beat bama.

3. Has already set himself up for a very successful future financially even without an NFL career.

very smart young man who received excellent career advice!

Too bad we had an AD at the time who didn’t understand the importance of making an educated common sense coaching hire.

• Like 2

I think the Nix story is a great example of why we as fans need to pump the breaks a little. Leading up to his transfer, an insane amount of fans were saying things like a) He wouldn’t be starting if not for his dad. b) He isn’t an elite quarterback. c) He’s arrogant and selfish. Even when he transferred, there was a lot of “good riddance” from our fanbase. I never understood it. This guy bled orange and blue arguably more than any other recruit coming in. And folks thought he wasn’t giving his best or that he was just willing to coast through the job. 

Hate that he left. But he truly did make the right decision for Bo and for Auburn. Harsin was a leach that managed to suck the fun out of football for Bo. Harsin’s record without Nix was even more abysmal. If Nix had stayed, he would have outright lost his passion for football, and Auburn probably would’ve won just enough games for Harsin to not be fired. 

It is also funny as heck that it is Oregon he ended up at. The first team he played against in an Auburn uniform, and the team he saw us play against in person for the national championship. Wild. Shame on the fans that were so quick to quit on him at Auburn.  I hope he gets to win it all this year. 

Edited by ScotsAU
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On the very rare occasions he crosses my mind, I have mixed emotions about Bo Nix:

• I appreciate him coming to Auburn
  • I don't wish him any ill will
  • He chose to leave Auburn, and he's now just another player on another team; and I don't root for other players on other teams

The last time I said something to this effect about Nix, I offended a couple people on this board who still follow him closely and possibly even still wear his jersey on Saturdays.  No offense intended.

Edited by WillMunny

11 minutes ago, WillMunny said:

On the very rare occasions he crosses my mind, I have mixed emotions about Bo Nix:

• I appreciate him coming to Auburn
  • I don't wish him any ill will
  • He chose to leave Auburn, and he's now just another player on another team; and I don't root for other players on other teams

The last time I said something to this effect about Nix, I offended a couple people on this board who still follow him closely and possibly even still wear his jersey on Saturdays.  No offense intended.

I get that.  I do.  

However, I think his situation is different than most transfers.  I am still a Bo fan. 

No offense taken. 

On 11/17/2023 at 9:01 AM, Auburn93 said:

I tell you Oregon has connections. Nix's transfer has to be the best decision any player has made in recent history.

Kind of a no brainer. Ass coach and a fanbase who didn’t properly appreciate him. 

1 hour ago, ShocksMyBrain said:

Kind of a no brainer. Ass coach and a fanbase who didn’t properly appreciate him. 

And a much better OL.