*Official Auburn vs. New Mexico State Game Thread*

abw0004

1 minute ago, TitanTiger said:

I posted fine. Anyone that hasn’t been sitting around poised to shitpost the second we had a bad game would understand I wasn’t  blaming the entire thing on refs.  But that call was a turnover that allowed another shot at turning a two score game into a three score game with 8 mins left.  That effectively ended any shot at a comeback.

I shouldn’t have to explain that to someone of your intelligence, but here we are. 

In all fairness, the fact that needing a non-call to have a shot at beating NMSU is on Auburn…not the refs.

Just now, AUbritt said:

Is this the meltdown thread?

Yes, all the real fans are posting, while the fake ones are sitting this out in order to protect their image.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, autigeremt said:

I can’t remember a more embarrassing loss. Wins in the future can help erase the bad taste but this is a bad look. We were beaten by the better team today and that’s embarrassing. Being in this position is embarrassing. 

Better get used to it. Rev Hugh does it yearly

• Like 1

Cast me as a malcontent to your heart’s content lol.

Me, who has had a clear moral objection to Hugh from the beginning. 

• Like 2

Just now, abw0004 said:

People don’t know how to separate emotions sometimes.  I’m literally at the game right now and it won’t affect my Sunday or my Thanksgiving.  Am I happy about this?  No.  It’s unfortunate.  But there is nothing I can do to change it.  

Yep...

this game won’t effect me a bit I click it off

• Like 1

Just now, AUApostle said:

Yes, all the real fans are posting, while the fake ones are sitting this out in order to protect their image.

What does this even mean lol

2 minutes ago, msza said:

I'm not able to watch the game (maybe not such a bad thing). Is there any chance we win this?

no

• Sad 1

Just now, jetermary said:

Really!  What were you all expecting? Didn't Freeze lose to this team last year. This is Freeze's first year at Auburn. He wasn't ?handed a great team. It is supposed to be a rebuilding year. We beat a crappy team last week, and now, everyone thinks we can't lose. NM is a very good team. Guess what! Other conferences have good teams. The SEC doesn't have a monopoly. Win or lose, I am an Auburn fan that doesn't what to change coaches every year. Some of you need to change teams if you can't handle this lose. Do you all not get tired of crying?

I was expecting to beat New Mexico State. My fault. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, gman87 said:

Seriously? Dominating an undefeated team for the first half of the BSC game and losing in the final minute? LOL

Losing an NC vs a game that doesn’t matter in a rebuilding year? Yeah. The NC was a worse loss. 

2 minutes ago, msza said:

I'm not able to watch the game (maybe not such a bad thing). Is there any chance we win this?

If NMSU just gives us the ball, yeah. There's no other way for them to win. NMSU has drove it down for multiple incredibly long drives all game. 

• Like 1

For those who hate Hugh Freeze---who would you have hired? We all see what Deion Sanders is doing in Colorado--just got the crap beat out of the Friday night. Cristobal? He's not exactly setting the world on fire in Miami? Lanning of Oregon? Why would he leave that gold mine? So, tell me---who would you have hired? 

I'm as disappointed as all on here. However, NMSU won 6 in a row, now looks like 7. Auburn won 3 in a row against crap. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, Swamp Eagle said:

In all fairness, the fact that needing a non-call to have a shot at beating NMSU is on Auburn…not the refs.

Again, no argument.  But sometimes you play like s*** then make a key play or two when needed to pull it out anyway. That was one of those kinds of plays and it was hugely consequential. 

I guess after this game I am ready for the season to be over, year after year we just look worse than the year before like groundhog day. I mean how bad is it when you just want the season to be over, thanks CHF for giving us another crap season...thats on you and your coaching staff...I have no confidence that next year is not going to more of the same with him just saying that he doesnt have the players...PATHETIC

• Haha 1

Just now, cbo said:

I was expecting to beat New Mexico State. My fault. 

Yep, but hey everyone is getting paid for this loss. The coaching staff, the players and New Mexico State lol.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, abw0004 said:

People don’t know how to separate emotions sometimes.  I’m literally at the game right now and it won’t affect my Sunday or my Thanksgiving.  Am I happy about this?  No.  It’s unfortunate.  But there is nothing I can do to change it.  

This so much. 

Just now, auburnatl1 said:

This wasnt some crazy 5 turnover fluke. They literally dominated us. With inferior players. Damn scary.

Played keep away, D couldn’t get off the field, and our O was not consistent enough to put together drives when it mattered.  Needed to come out dominate to kill their confidence and instead theirs grew with each minute.

• Like 1

I changed the channel...first thing I saw was a savanna fire...the next thing was the tornado in the next...now i've seen 3 natural disasters on TV today...lol