Egg Bowl 2023

tigeraddikt

Lane currently getting out-coached by Senator Tuberville’s long-standing WR coach Greg Knox. 7-3 in the 3rd quarter. Should be 10-3 except for a missed FG just before half by MSU. Their QB/Satirist Will Rogers is playing some inspired bawl.

Edited by tigeraddikt

So did the likes of Mark Richt and Tubberville, and neither had anything to show for it. 

Edited by AUINSY

5 minutes ago, TeamZero77 said:

It showed a stat a bit ago that said Ole Miss had only won 10 games in a season 3 times EVER when Kiffin took over. If they win tonight or win their bowl game, Kiffin will have 10 win seasons in 2 of the last 3 years. If they win tonight and their bowl game, he will be the first coach to ever win 11 games in a season at Ole Miss.

His first year in Oxford was 2020 and the Covid year so it was a weird year. Since that first season, he has won alot of games for Ole Miss. And he does it without ever having a top 15 recruiting class. They're usually in the 20's in recruiting. He seems to get alot out of his 3 star players. 

I think he's a good coach. HOWEVER, we would've hooked ourselves to a buyout even worse than Jimbo's. 

Also, he did inherit some decent talent when he got to OM (Corral).

4 minutes ago, TeamZero77 said:

It showed a stat a bit ago that said Ole Miss had only won 10 games in a season 3 times when Kiffin took over. If they win tonight or their Bowl game, Kiffin will have 10 win seasons in 2 of the last 3 seasons. His first year in Oxford was 2020 and the Covid year. Since that first season, he has won alot of games for Ole Miss. And he does it without ever having a top 15 class recruiting. They're usually in the 20's in recruiting. He seems to get alot out of his 3 star players.

Yeah, he has done a lot with what he’s had. Man can call a game. And he’s a QB whisperer. I’m curious what he would have done with the QB spot at AU this season had he taken the job. Possibly would’ve secured Sanders from OSU here. Either way, he seems to have taken full advantage of the rest of the SEC West being down (excepting Bama) since COVID.

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, TeamZero77 said:

It showed a stat a bit ago that said Ole Miss had only won 10 games in a season 3 times EVER when Kiffin took over. If they win tonight or win their bowl game, Kiffin will have 10 win seasons in 2 of the last 3 years. If they win tonight and their bowl game, he will be the first coach to ever win 11 games in a season at Ole Miss.

His first year in Oxford was 2020 and the Covid year so it was a weird year. Since that first season, he has won alot of games for Ole Miss. And he does it without ever having a top 15 recruiting class. They're usually in the 20's in recruiting. He seems to get alot out of his 3 star players. 

Yeah and they’ll be worrying about him leaving yet again this offseason. So what.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, TeamZero77 said:

I wasn't talking about us hiring him. All I'm saying is he does a good job for Ole Miss. I didn't want Kiffin here at Auburn. Doesn't matter anyway because he turned us down.

He didn’t turn us down, we didn’t want to agree to his contract demands. 

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, TeamZero77 said:

Damn guy. What the **** is your problem?

I live around Ole Miss fans. They are arguably more arrogant and self righteous than bammers without any of the credentials to back it up. 

Edited by ShocksMyBrain
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, TeamZero77 said:

I wouldn't want Kiffin at Alabama when Saban retires. The bammers think he will come there but I don't know if they would hire him. Texas A&M is another place he would be pretty scary at. Anywhere with tons of money, I don't want him there. 

We can beat him regularly at Ole Miss when we get a couple good classes here.

For me, anyone but Lanning. Do your job, Uncle Phil!

The plus of the result tonight is that we're one step closer to a bowl above B'ham. Just need at least one of FSU or Clemson to win now.

5 minutes ago, TeamZero77 said:

Who is rumored to get that Mississippi State job? 

I’ve seen Chadwell from Liberty mentioned. 

11 hours ago, TeamZero77 said:

Ole Miss has definitely passed us in the SEC West since Kiffin arrived. That's just fact.

Yes, for the one time when we self-destruct our program. Give it 2 more seasons and things will right themselves once Freeze has a recruiting class or two and Kiffin bolts for the next best thing like he always does, just ask Tennessee and USC, which are far better and greater opportunities than Ole Miss. That, also, is just fact.

Edited by AUINSY
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, TeamZero77 said:

I really like Kiffin.  One liners, memes, OC offensive prowess, and now head coaching.  If he ever figures out recruiting, the sky is the limit.

The only heartburn I have with Kiffin is his propensity to go for 4th downs too often and in bad position for failure.

19 hours ago, Gowebb11 said:

I’ve seen Chadwell from Liberty mentioned. 

He's definately a good coach. He seems to do his own thing though, so maybe he stays at Liberty. What I mean by that is Tennessee supposedly went after him hard when Pruitt was fired. Chadwell wouldn't even interview with them. He stayed at Coastal Carolina. Same goes for Virginia Tech as well. He wouldn't talk to them. His name was really hot in the coaching circles and people seemed to think he was waiting on a really big opportunity that he could win immediately. Then the job he leaves Coastal for is Liberty. 

He seems content just doing his thing at small schools and if that's the case, I can respect that. 

2 hours ago, TeamZero77 said:

So you're putting all your eggs into the Hugh Freeze basket here at Auburn? I just don't see it. He's never been good in recruiting which is why he had to cheat. 

We have lost 4 or more games in 21 of the last 26 seasons under Bowden, Tuberville, Chizik, Malzahn, Harsin and now Freeze. We've lost 5 or games in 16 of the past 26 seasons. We are who we are after 100+ years. We are going to be an 8-5 program that has a run every 10 years on average. However, we've had one 10 win season the last 10 years. With Oklahoma and Texas coming in, that puts us further behind. 

I don't see a single thing in Hugh Freeze's past that says he will be the 1 coach that gets Auburn over that hump. He's a southern good ol' boy that the southern good ol' boy boosters hired because he's a "good fit" just like our AD is a Southern good ol' boy as well. The only time anything changed was when AD Greene was hired and he hired Harsin. Those good ol' boy's didn't like that one bit and we know why. They'll never take that chance again which means Auburn will NEVER change from the 8 win program we've always been. You've gotta cut the head off the snake. 

You and many more feel otherwise and that's what a message board like this is for. I'm sure I'll get more PM's from mods for not "staying course" because this board and others hate when the truth is brought to surface. 

Now make sure you give them some more of your money to get that "insider recruiting news." 

I agree with part of this post in that we're not going to be what UAT or UGA have been (that does not mean I don't expect a playoff berth every few years, because I do) but it's ridiculous to think that we could so easily get there if only the bew-sters would let us. 

While I'm not crazy about needing the big $, that's just reality in collegiate athletics. No different from any other program.

Edited by AUwent

3 hours ago, TeamZero77 said:

It's ok to admit you don't like him. I think he stays at Ole Miss awhile. He could've left there for Auburn but he didn't. Miami and Florida also wanted him but he didn't leave. He is going into year 5 and people have said every year that he won't stay around. 

Kinda similar to when Saban came to Alabama and our fans all said he would bolt after 5 years because he had never lasted anywhere longer than 5 years. He's on year 17. What I find with our fans, as well as others, is we are hoping that Kiffin leaves just like we were really hoping Saban wouldn't stay long at Bama. It's more of a worry or panic but trying to sound confident like you are doing.

It has nothing to do with me, and everything to do with Kiffin’s track record and the reality that the entire SEC west is down. A&M just fired their coach, Arkansas’ coach is on the hot seat, LSU head coach is in 2nd season, Auburn coach is in first season, Miss St’s coach just died and fired their backup. It’s a game of attrition, and it’s worked in their favor. What’s absurd is pining to “be like Ole Miss” and their ceiling being a 10-win program, which is, generationally, the best they can be.

Edited by AUINSY
  • Like 1