Simmer Down

The Defiant

3 minutes ago, The Defiant said:

I see that alot of you need to sit down and take a deep breath. A team that got beat by NMS just played Bama to the wire. The receiver on our team leads in receiving yards is a tight end, which means we don't have any legitimate receivers.

Now I agree that the rush two prevent was a terrible choice. However we by far have waaaay less talent than Bama. Y'all put the meth up and chill out. We need depth, we need talent. There are no moral victories but if we catch that muffed punt, get a few first downs the game is over. Dude didn't plan to slip, it just happened.  

Alot of you sound like you escaped your straight jackets...just put the phones and keyboard down. 

The anger is not with the players. Its the incompetent defensive scheming for a game that cost us a victory in the iron bowl. Roberts should be fired for that one play alone. Maybe you should rage more to help make it happen

Edited by shabby
  • Like 4

4 minutes ago, The Defiant said:

I see that alot of you need to sit down and take a deep breath. A team that got beat by NMS just played Bama to the wire. The receiver on our team leads in receiving yards is a tight end, which means we don't have any legitimate receivers.

Now I agree that the rush two prevent was a terrible choice. However we by far have waaaay less talent than Bama. Y'all put the meth up and chill out. We need depth, we need talent. There are no moral victories but if we catch that muffed punt, get a few first downs the game is over. Dude didn't plan to slip, it just happened.  

Alot of you sound like you escaped your straight jackets...just put the phones and keyboard down. 

You need a reality check. This is now clearly a coaching issue. When we lost last week, I was the first one to say we should pump the breaks. But we’ve now crapped the bed 2 weeks in a row at home by poor focus. Something’s clearly not right. All we can hope now is that this is partially due to Harsin’s poor coaching the last few years and that we somehow recruit out of this mess. But our locker room has no leaders, and our players play lackluster football

Edited by ScotsAU
  • Like 3
  • Dislike 1

3 minutes ago, The Defiant said:

Whatever, just another game that we should have one and the combination of bad coaching and play calling cost us the game again...gets old, just play to win for a damn change instead of prevent crap...why was moore receiving that punt who makes that call...im sorry but a lot of that was all on the coaches...just another piss poor performance for the coaches another lost opportunity.

But I know, just wait till next year...like they have said for the last upteen years...

• Thanks 2
  • Dislike 1

10 years and four coaches later…

”We just don’t have the players. Be patient!”

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Dislike 1

2 minutes ago, The Defiant said:

Welcome to Freezeville. Where every game is a rollercoaster ride!!! Beat Arkansas by 38 as an underdog, lose at home to NMSU by 3 TD's when we are a 25 point favorite and then have the Iron Bowl in hand to s*** the bed like only we seem to do. All that in a 14 day span.

Welcome to the wildest up and down ride this program will EVER see and its gonna be this way as long as he is here. Every year of his career has been this way. The guy's teams are way too up and down but so is his personal life and you know what they say, teams take on the character of their head coach.

Be sure you take off your orange and blue glasses when you go to sleep tonight.

• Like 6
  • Facepalm 1
  • Dislike 2

We don't have a ton of talent, it took years to with Gus not recruiting at a competitive level, Harsin sure as hell didn't recruit at all.

Freeze comes in and fields the class with almost all transfers. Before he came We barley had enough scholarship linemen to field a team. The two deep was depleted for o linemen. It takes time to build a team,it takes getting great recruiting classes and supplementing with the portal. 

Sometimes I wonder if any of you have even played ball 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Love 2
  • Dislike 2

This stat doesn't pertain to tonight's game but for last weeks loss to NMSU; the SEC Network said that in Hugh Freeze's 11 years as an FBS head coach (Arky St., Ole Miss, Liberty, Auburn) he has lost 19 games where he was a 10+ point favorite. That's damn near 2 games EVERY year!!!!!!!!

How can people say "but he will change here at Auburn when he gets his players here." Well, he had his talented players at Ole Miss and did the same stuff. The guy has no happy medium. His teams are either playing WAAAAY too above their heads or WAAAAAY too below. It's not going to change in my opinion. 

• Like 2
  • Dislike 1

21 minutes ago, The Defiant said:

So anyone who has a different opinion than yours needs to "put up the meth"? 🤡🤡🤡

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Dislike 1

15 minutes ago, aucom96 said:

10 years and four coaches later…

”We just don’t have the players. Be patient!”

We had success in some of the years since then, but we took the poison pill when we hired Harsin.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, The Defiant said:

We don't have a ton of talent, it took years to with Gus not recruiting at a competitive level, Harsin sure as hell didn't recruit at all.

Freeze comes in and fields the class with almost all transfers. Before he came We barley had enough scholarship linemen to field a team. The two deep was depleted for o linemen. It takes time to build a team,it takes getting great recruiting classes and supplementing with the portal. 

Yes I did!

17 minutes ago, The Defiant said:

No need to revise history.  Gus's recruiting was well above average.  We developed an OL problem, but overall recruiting was not sub standard in any way.  We had a top 10 class (#8) as recently as 2020.... #9 class in 2018, #12 class in 2019 etc etc etc....  Hiring Harsin and his lazy ass destroyed our roster and recruiting.

• Like 1
  • Dislike 1

18 minutes ago, TeamZero77 said:

Fans like you are the reason our boosters and BOT don't care to go play big boy football. They know the "aww shucks, we will just get'em next year and just hope we can get some more talent in here" type fans like you and many, many more, will always tuck and run everytime instead of actually trying to demand some kind of change. 

Keep filling those fat cats wallets everytime they ask and maybe they'll add a couple new suites or a bigger scoreboard next year instead of getting a proven head coach that's won more than 1 Sunbelt championship in his career. 

Cohen said JABA had changed but it's still the same. 

People like you is why we pay coaches not to coach and any momentum in recruiting we get leaves with the knee jerk fired coaches that you want because you cant see the forrest from the trees.

11 minutes ago, The Defiant said:

People like you is why we pay coaches not to coach and any momentum in recruiting we get leaves with the knee jerk fired coaches that you want because you cant see the forrest from the trees.

Name one coach that AU has knee-jerk fired and taken away recruiting momentum.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, boisnumber1 said:

Name one coach that AU has knee-jerk fired and taken away recruiting momentum.

I'm talking about the lunatic fringe on here talking about canning Freeze. It seems to be that the fringe is always wanting to fire somebody.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, shabby said:

The anger is not with the players. Its the incompetent defensive scheming for a game that cost us a victory in the iron bowl. Roberts should be fired for that one play alone. Maybe you should rage more to help make it happen

No! He called a GREAT GAME and so did the offensive coaches. You people would burn innocent people in 1692 because they looked at you the wrong way. The trash values of the internet sicken me. 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Auburn93 said:

No! He called a GREAT GAME and so did the offensive coaches. You people would burn innocent people in 1692 because they looked at you the wrong way. The trash values of the internet sicken me. 

You might be a little melodramatic here 

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Auburn93 said:

. You people would burn innocent people in 1692 because they looked at you the wrong way.

Overreact much?    Well,  you're Hitler, so neener neerer!!:nanner:

• Haha 2

All these negative Nancy's need to see it for what it is. Welcome to Year one of a complete rebuild. IDGAD about where this team is ranked talent wise we don't have talent in the main positions. OL, WR, DL or LB. Our QB is not the best either. We have no depth on the DL, LB. Why do you think we had to hit the transfer portal so hard on all of those positions? No muffed punt and we probably win this game. When we get the players we need we will get the results we desire. Some people are completely illiterate as to how bad this team is and how much they played above their talent. They deserve better fans.... 

• Love 1

I don't think anyone is REALLY saying fire Freeze, they're just pissed we choked away a game we had a generously 75% chance to win with 40 seconds left or so. We have no choice but to let him continue recruiting, to do otherwise would be foolish.

People are just mad we "rushed" 2 (in reality they were playing patty cake with the OLmen) and had a spy on Milroe when any semi conscious football fan knows you bring at least 4 like we were doing most of the night. Hell, maybe he runs and we win but you bring SOME pressure to make him get antsy and make a hasty decision. 

• Like 2