Simmer Down

The Defiant

Just now, tbone4jc said:

All these negative Nancy's need to see it for what it is. Welcome to Year one of a complete rebuild. IDGAD about where this team is ranked talent wise we don't have talent in the main positions. OL, WR, DL or LB. Our QB is not the best either. We have no depth on the DL, LB. Why do you think we had to hit the transfer portal so hard on all of those positions? No muffed punt and we probably win this game. When we get the players we need we will get the results we desire. Some people are completely illiterate as to how bad this team is and how much they played above their talent. They deserve better fans.... 

image.gif

x1000000000000000000

Just now, gman87 said:

I don't think anyone is REALLY saying fire Freeze, they're just pissed we choked away a game we had a generously 75% chance to win with 40 seconds left or so. We have no choice but to let him continue recruiting, to do otherwise would be foolish.

People are just mad we "rushed" 2 (in reality they were playing patty cake with the OLmen) and had a spy on Milroe when any semi conscious football fan knows you bring at least 4 like we were doing most of the night. Hell, maybe he runs and we win but you bring SOME pressure to make him get antsy and make a hasty decision. 

I am. If you're going to have a documented history of being being a s****y person, at least don't s**t the bed on 4th and 30.

• Facepalm 1

Just now, tbone4jc said:

All these negative Nancy's need to see it for what it is. Welcome to Year one of a complete rebuild. IDGAD about where this team is ranked talent wise we don't have talent in the main positions. OL, WR, DL or LB. Our QB is not the best either. We have no depth on the DL, LB. Why do you think we had to hit the transfer portal so hard on all of those positions? No muffed punt and we probably win this game. When we get the players we need we will get the results we desire. Some people are completely illiterate as to how bad this team is and how much they played above their talent. They deserve better fans.... 

Freeze is at best an 8 win coach and not sure he gets there. 
 Then UT will likely have run Heupel off. He beat Saban, once. He’s next. The he’ll have no talent. And on and on.

• Facepalm 1

The probably being missed is it isn’t the lack of talent that’s causing the losses. It’s the play calling. If u have better talent that still doesn’t change the decision of Koy Moore back there or to run a two man front. Talent difference would look like Bama mopping the field which didn’t occur. It’s gonna really suck if Auburn ends up playing UCF.  I predicted this game would be similar to UGA and if Auburn could get over the hump.

1 hour ago, The Defiant said:

We don't have a ton of talent, it took years to with Gus not recruiting at a competitive level, Harsin sure as hell didn't recruit at all.

Freeze comes in and fields the class with almost all transfers. Before he came We barley had enough scholarship linemen to field a team. The two deep was depleted for o linemen. It takes time to build a team,it takes getting great recruiting classes and supplementing with the portal. 

Sometimes I wonder if any of you have even played ball 

But here’s the thing. Our last two losses had nothing to do with talent. Our players aren’t focused or prepared to play. On that Hail Mary, we rushed two people. I don’t hate it, but that means you have to cover well and should have the numbers to do it. On the catch, there was ONE db in that corner. We dropped 9 people in coverage. Where was the help??? Either the defensive design was awful or someone was out of place. I’m betting on it being the latter since three guys showed up in that corner a second after the pass was caught. That’s a complete lack of focus to do what needed to be done to win the game. It’s pathetic.

29 minutes ago, JBiGGiE said:

Y'all remember when Harsin played Bama close and finished inside the Top 20 after ENSD?

image.png.b0c0502509a97e092a4ff08123429298.png

Yep it’s like deja vu. Now hopefully the Freeze regime is completely different but these posts remind do remind me of that 2021 iron bowl 

51 minutes ago, TeamZero77 said:

I'm not saying fire Freeze. I'm saying he never should've been hired. He is no different than any coach we've ever had. He is a good ol' boy that the boosters knew they could get kinda cheap, he wouldn't turn them down and they knew because of his past, they could have leverage over him. Look at every opening in the SEC while he's been gone from Ole Miss. There's been LSU, Mississippi State, Auburn in 2020, Texas A&M, Tennessee, South Carolina, Florida, Vandy and Missouri. Not a damn interview except for us a year ago and Freeze has even admitted it. That's not to mention the ACC teams that had openings and never called him. That's exactly why our boosters knew he wouldn't turn us down and they have leverage on him. They also knew it could fracture our fanbase so they out out this BS spin of "We are as aligned from top to bottom as we've ever been in our program. We all wanted Hugh Freeze as our first choice." 

They fired Gus and then had to settle on coach Harsin who was like 7th down the list. Then they act like they never got turned down by any coach and that Harsin was their man all along. The BS they spin to keep from admitting that coaches turned them down is just ego. And fans like you eat it up and ask for seconds.

This is a little over the top. He was the best coaching option available in the off season last year. I’m not happy with freeze, but he has rebuilt multiple programs including making ole miss more relevant than they’ve ever been or have been since. He was selected because he looked like a good option on paper. 

And don’t start with the Lane Kiffin stuff. They struggled against the MSU team that we dominated earlier this season. He consistently has bad defenses and almost always has a mid to late season slump. If we’d hired Kiffin, we wouldn’t have been any better off.

2 hours ago, The Defiant said:

I see that alot of you need to sit down and take a deep breath. A team that got beat by NMS just played Bama to the wire. The receiver on our team leads in receiving yards is a tight end, which means we don't have any legitimate receivers.

Now I agree that the rush two prevent was a terrible choice. However we by far have waaaay less talent than Bama. Y'all put the meth up and chill out. We need depth, we need talent. There are no moral victories but if we catch that muffed punt, get a few first downs the game is over. Dude didn't plan to slip, it just happened.  

Alot of you sound like you escaped your straight jackets...just put the phones and keyboard down. 

A player not making a play does not automatically translate to a bad D call. 

14 minutes ago, ScotsAU said:

But here’s the thing. Our last two losses had nothing to do with talent. Our players aren’t focused or prepared to play. On that Hail Mary, we rushed two people. I don’t hate it, but that means you have to cover well and should have the numbers to do it. On the catch, there was ONE db in that corner. We dropped 9 people in coverage. Where was the help??? Either the defensive design was awful or someone was out of place. I’m betting on it being the latter since three guys showed up in that corner a second after the pass was caught. That’s a complete lack of focus to do what needed to be done to win the game. It’s pathetic.

Tonight’s game and the NMSU game are not remotely similar. 

3 minutes ago, Swamp Eagle said:

Tonight’s game and the NMSU game are not remotely similar. 

They are and they aren’t. Both games were lost because of a lack of mental focus and preparation. Last week, the players weren’t prepared at all. This week, their focus disappeared late in the game on key plays that we needed to win on. I’d you want to be a good team, that’s when your focus needs to be at its best. 

2 minutes ago, ScotsAU said:

They are and they aren’t. Both games were lost because of a lack of mental focus and preparation. Last week, the players weren’t prepared at all. This week, their focus disappeared late in the game on key plays that we needed to win on. I’d you want to be a good team, that’s when your focus needs to be at its best. 

Again, that’s a player breakdown.

2 hours ago, ScotsAU said:

You need a reality check. This is now clearly a coaching issue. When we lost last week, I was the first one to say we should pump the breaks. But we’ve now crapped the bed 2 weeks in a row at home by poor focus. Something’s clearly not right. All we can hope now is that this is partially due to Harsin’s poor coaching the last few years and that we somehow recruit out of this mess. But our locker room has no leaders, and our players play lackluster football

Amen

57 minutes ago, ScotsAU said:

I have a similar sentiment to most of your posts. Though all the anecdotes people throw out don't constitute proofs of anything, yet another would be my sarcastic assertion: we know talent makes perfect by watching Jimbo's last couple years. There was a lot going on this year with a lot of new faces and lack of cohesion. It could have been worse, all things considered. But it gets old just hearing: wait til we replace all these scabs with good players. It practically takes planetary conjunction in NCAA football to achieve what we'd like to have. Jury is out with so few data points with this coach in this environment. But there were lots of f-ups this yea not solely the responsibility of the talent we have. No real reason to be absolute one way or another yet.

Glad to see that telling disgruntled people who just want to vent to 'settle down,' works so well. I need to try that with my wife. (<-- yellow font)

I wasn’t on a board at all until these last few weeks but I know on facebook the last 5-6 years of Gus that AU fans were split on his performance a lot. I wonder if all those on here saying “give Freeze time “ and “Freeze will get it done when he has the players “ are the same ones who defended Gus until the bitter end with “he just needs a QB or he just needs a defense or just needs an OL”. And we continually got the sane thing every year after 2013…but hey, just wait til next year right? 

I hope none of our commits or highly rated possible commits are reading this thread. I’m sure our rivals will be showing this negative minority dark side AU fans posts to them. 

• Facepalm 1
  • Dislike 1

I see what you are trying to do. We are not in a reasonable frame of mind. I’m sick and tired of this s***. AU fans deserve so much better 

12 hours ago, shabby said:

The anger is not with the players. Its the incompetent defensive scheming for a game that cost us a victory in the iron bowl. Roberts should be fired for that one play alone. Maybe you should rage more to help make it happen

That incompetent defensive scheming kept you in a game against a far superior foe, and bloody near won the game for you.

9 hours ago, JDUBB4AU said:

I see what you are trying to do. We are not in a reasonable frame of mind. I’m sick and tired of this s***. AU fans deserve so much better 

No you don't.  Y'all love this stuff.  Like to wallow in it and feel like Victims.  Never really expect better.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, 1716AU said:

No you don't.  Y'all love this stuff.  Like to wallow in it and feel like Victims.  Never really expect better.

Maybe some fans , but AU has s*** all over its fans for the last ten years. Maybe playing the victim card works for some. AU is a victim of circumstances it created by itself. 

48 minutes ago, 1716AU said:

That incompetent defensive scheming kept you in a game against a far superior foe, and bloody near won the game for you.

Two Bama scores called back from Holding and missed field goals from bama and 457 yeards given up.  And the most bone headed call to rush two. Have you ever seen a hail mary prevent team rush two and place a spy on the qb that essentially wasted a player in all your years of football watching? There may be a reason for that. Given the qb all day to throw that ball was a given. It allowed him to pick a player in single coverage. It was gross incompetence.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, The Defiant said:

I see that alot of you need to sit down and take a deep breath. A team that got beat by NMS just played Bama to the wire. The receiver on our team leads in receiving yards is a tight end, which means we don't have any legitimate receivers.

Now I agree that the rush two prevent was a terrible choice. However we by far have waaaay less talent than Bama. Y'all put the meth up and chill out. We need depth, we need talent. There are no moral victories but if we catch that muffed punt, get a few first downs the game is over. Dude didn't plan to slip, it just happened.  

Alot of you sound like you escaped your straight jackets...just put the phones and keyboard down. 

Mistakes by the players are never planned, like the fumbled punt, but mistakes by a coach who makes millions, to not intervene on the most crucial play of the game, 4th and 31 is unexcusble.  You go down swinging in that situation, not the Muhammad Ali rope a Dope. That's where you separate good from bad coaches, and Hugh Freeze has failed miserably the last 2 weeks.