Auburn Player Transfer Portal Thread

NWALA Tiger

My two cents is that why I believed the terms throw away season and the repeated talking down about the current roster wasn’t good. The focus should have been giving the current roster ur best effort while trying to upgrade the roster. The throwing people under the bus and pointing out the good things that u did wasn’t a good look. 

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, e808 said:

My two cents is that why I believed the terms throw away season and the repeated talking down about the current roster wasn’t good. The focus should have been giving the current roster ur best effort while trying to upgrade the roster. The throwing people under the bus and pointing out the good things that u did wasn’t a good look. 

I don’t think I have seen anyone else post any of this.  

Just now, NCAubs said:

It’s been talked about in various threads

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, e808 said:

It’s been talked about in various threads

I read every thread and haven’t seen anyone else post this basically verbatim.  

I keep reading that he intends to enter the portal. I thought the window closed. Is he in or not?

2 minutes ago, Gowebb11 said:

I keep reading that he intends to enter the portal. I thought the window closed. Is he in or not?

I thought it ended as well. Unless the news was delayed. Not sure why they would do that

16 minutes ago, NCAubs said:

There has been several posters mum about last season citing it as a throw away season. I can second that , so I have no clue what you been reading. Most not frequent the post game threads then.

• Like 3

42 minutes ago, DAG said:

There has been several posters mum about last season citing it as a throw away season. I can second that , so I have no clue what you been reading. Most not frequent the post game threads then.

Same here and I’ve talked about it in several posts. @NCAubs The post thread titled “Once again Freeze says he had team unprepared” is one to look at for this type of discussion.

Edited by PigskinPat
  • Like 1

44 minutes ago, NCAubs said:

Here's a post I made on Tuesday in the Alabama Loss thread.  I'm not the only one who has made similar posts.

Agree with @auburnatl1 and @KansasTiger.  While there's no question that recruiting needed to be a high priority, I don't think it's acceptable to give up on the current team or to publicly imply that they aren't capable.  There are many examples of highly motivated underdogs pulling off upsets in sports.  Cadillac did an amazing job as interim head coach after Harsin was fired.  If Freeze thought it was more important to devote most of his time to recruiting, he could have put someone else in charge of this season...can't think of anybody better than Cadillac.  This team proved against Georgia and Alabama that they were capable of much more than they showed the rest of the year.  With some love, focused attention, discipline and leadership, maybe some of the fiascos could have been avoided.  Freeze's comments (feeling awful, taking responsibility, etc.) after each of the big disappointments this year ring hollow to me because there's no indication he did anything to course correct...just didn't seem to think there's anything he could have done differently/better.

• Like 3

45 minutes ago, e808 said:

I thought it ended as well. Unless the news was delayed. Not sure why they would do that

Portal closed midnight Thursday night. Schools have the next 48 hours to release the news/statement.   So technically, AU has til midnight tonight to announce any such encounters 

Edited by TigerPAC
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Golden Eagle said:

Here's a post I made on Tuesday in the Alabama Loss thread.  I'm not the only one who has made similar posts.

Agree with @auburnatl1 and @KansasTiger.  While there's no question that recruiting needed to be a high priority, I don't think it's acceptable to give up on the current team or to publicly imply that they aren't capable.  There are many examples of highly motivated underdogs pulling off upsets in sports.  Cadillac did an amazing job as interim head coach after Harsin was fired.  If Freeze thought it was more important to devote most of his time to recruiting, he could have put someone else in charge of this season...can't think of anybody better than Cadillac.  This team proved against Georgia and Alabama that they were capable of much more than they showed the rest of the year.  With some love, focused attention, discipline and leadership, maybe some of the fiascos could have been avoided.  Freeze's comments (feeling awful, taking responsibility, etc.) after each of the big disappointments this year ring hollow to me because there's no indication he did anything to course correct...just didn't seem to think there's anything he could have done differently/better.

I think the question was - if all team leadership talks about and dedicates their time to is a team several years away, and you’ve only got 1-2 years of eligibility left (or were playing this past season) - how good/ motivating does that sound to you as an individual? Sure fans can wait, but can many players?

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, auburnatl1 said:

I think the question was - if all team leadership talks about and dedicates their time to is a team several years away, and you’ve only got 1-2 years of eligibility left (or were playing this past season) - how good/ motivating does that sound to you as an individual? Sure fans can wait, but can many players?

Um...that was exactly the issue I was addressing.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Gowebb11 said:

He submitted paperwork.  AU compliance has 48 hrs to send his paperwork in.

Gotta believe Kieonte is looking for more money.  

I gotta wonder how sustainable all this transfer and NIL stuff is?  There’s really no benefit to the big money donors to continually dump millions into the program year after year.  No tax breaks.  No ROI.  At this point the players just need to be able to go to the NFL out of high school if they can.  Rich people didn’t get rich throwing money away which is basically what the NIL is. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

7 minutes ago, Win4AU said:

I gotta wonder how sustainable all this transfer and NIL stuff is?  There’s really no benefit to the big money donors to continually dump millions into the program year after year.  No tax breaks.  No ROI.  At this point the players just need to be able to go to the NFL out of high school if they can.  Rich people didn’t get rich throwing money away which is basically what the NIL is. 

Couldn't agree more...

I dont think this is money. A reasonable assumption would be that he got a nice deal to return to Auburn.

46 minutes ago, CR said:

I dont think this is money. A reasonable assumption would be that he got a nice deal to return to Auburn.

I agree. Without any insider information it could be a multitude of things. My first thoughts are the IB. Coach Freeze said they had a talk. Who knows how that conversation was perceived. Then the position change. Now some defensive changes . Mentions of culture change needed and that’s just what we know.

*warrapport confirmed it’s not the money but about things that have transpired since his decision 

Edited by e808
  • Like 1

It's not money and he doesn't WANT to leave AU. There's something else that is going on. I can only speculate that it validates either toxicity amongst some players/coaches, rumors of coaches leaving, or some combination of both. If it's coaches leaving, I think he is using the portal as a backup plan. 

What I hope I don't see anymore of though is people dogging him because of the decision to enter the portal (I haven't seen it here, but other platforms). 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Win4AU said:

One of the many flaws of nil. It’s like being held for ransom. Either pay up or I’m gone. Every year donors who are conned into paying will get constant phone calls to pay up again or else.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, TigerOne said:

One of the many flaws of nil. It’s like being held for ransom. Either pay up or I’m gone. Every year donors who are conned into paying will get constant phone calls to pay up again or else.

Wait till you start having three or four top players on a contender team join together for a group payout. Or an entire position group. 
😬

Hard to imagine a more radical shift in leverage for players. They went from not being able to transfer unless they sit out a year and putting their eligibility at risk for simply going to lunch with an agent or getting paid $20 for an autograph.  Now they hold ALL the cards with a yearly auction for everyone.  It's a good time to be a college football player.  This system ain't sustainable though.

20 minutes ago, Browning4AU said:

Jay G Tate just said that K. Scott is not actually in the portal. Odd.

I posted earlier that it was odd that it was stated as he’s likely to go into the portal. An earlier post in this thread stated that he has filed but AU has up to 48 hours to officially file the paperwork. I assume that allows for some discussion between him and the coaches. 

Just now, Gowebb11 said:

I posted earlier that it was odd that it was stated as he’s likely to go into the portal. An earlier post in this thread stated that he has filed but AU has up to 48 hours to officially file the paperwork. I assume that allows for some discussion between him and the coaches. 

Typically that announcement isn't made until after the 48 hour review. So I really don't know what to think now.