Auburn Player Transfer Portal Thread

NWALA Tiger

1 hour ago, LPTiger said:

Agree.   But, the fact that power houses were not apparently after them says something.

Probably just says their numbers are low ( what all are as AU Receivers) this year.

• Thanks 1

28 minutes ago, Ausburn2 said:

Screenshot_20231228-105856.png

Interesting.  I did not expect him to possibly end up back in the SEC.  I wish him well.  I always wanted to see him be more successful in the orange and blue. 

On 12/26/2023 at 4:39 PM, LPTiger said:

Agree.   But, the fact that power houses were not apparently after them says something.

The portal is a true barometer of what a players  perceived worth is. The top players have a list of suitors and the rest scramble to find a landing spot.

• Like 2

On 12/15/2023 at 10:38 PM, NCAubs said:

I can’t give you stats either but the OL this year was improved.  They aren’t where they need to be but I wouldn’t put the “suck” tag on them.  

Definitely sucked against NMSU and Maryland.  They sucked at Cal and Texas A&M too.  When there is no running lanes and the QB doesn't have time to set his feet before having to scramble your OL sucks.  Ours sucked in most games.  Throw in the inability to pick up blitzes by our RBs and you get the show we watched last Saturday.  Horrible.  

18 hours ago, KillenTime said:

Definitely sucked against NMSU and Maryland.  They sucked at Cal and Texas A&M too.  When there is no running lanes and the QB doesn't have time to set his feet before having to scramble your OL sucks.  Ours sucked in most games.  Throw in the inability to pick up blitzes by our RBs and you get the show we watched last Saturday.  Horrible.  

Everybody was bad. There isn't a group that is absolved. The ol wasn't good but nobody was, even the coaching

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, PigskinPat said:

School loyalty, commitment and dedication are a thing of the past.

Freeze is right, the me disease is destroying college football. 
It’s all about how can get rich quick and maybe the nfl.

If you are selfish and don’t want to be at Auburn please leave now and quit wasting our resources and that includes the coaches.

Edited by TigerOne
  • Like 3

24 minutes ago, PigskinPat said:

Edit — I’m a dumbass

great video Scott . this is indeed surprising. Mgriff the reason ?

Edited by JDUBB4AU

3 minutes ago, JDUBB4AU said:

Not surprised. Good luck to him

You aren’t surprised about a guy who made a huge I'm returning to AU video? 

• Haha 1

I just don't understand any of this. How are we supposed to get ourselves upright again if everything collapses after the first year of no matter who we hire?

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

You aren’t surprised about a guy who made a huge I'm returning to AU video? 

Ok mistake on my part.

not sure why I zoned out while I posted the above . I just watched the video again. This is surprising and somewhat hilarious 

1 minute ago, AUwent said:

I just don't understand any of this. How are we supposed to get ourselves upright again if everything collapses after the first year of no matter who we hire?

Right on cue  everyone. Of course didn’t hear a peep from you on signing day when there was actually good things happening. 

IMG_6513.gif

• Like 1

Scott has been one of our best recruiters. Something doesnt add up.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, GwillMac6 said:

Right on cue  everyone. Of course didn’t hear a peep from you on signing day when there was actually good things happening. 

IMG_6513.gif

Right, Coach is trying to build this up the right way with solid HS recruits that “should” have more loyalty and buy in over time. The portal is a slippery slope. If you hit on the portal great but if you miss it will set you back. Reminds me a lot of when Miss State tried to build a team off of JUCO players only. It was feast or famine for them. It is easy to buy players but much harder to get them to play as a team. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

This doesn't make any sense at ALL!.

In the overall picture, if something isn't done to stop this wild west bullcrap there will be millions of fans who, just like me, won't care much any more. Certainly won't care enough to donate money to buy players who are apt to pack up and leave on the slightest whim.

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, CR said:

Scott has been one of our best recruiters. Something doesnt add up.

I read that it had alot to do with staffing changes. He was apparently close to McGriff and doesn't know what position he'll be playing under CK. 

Edited by TD1

10 hours ago, PigskinPat said:

We don’t need to lose him he is one of the team leaders and an important part of the defense.  I hope he will reconsider. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, weagl1 said:

We don’t need to lose him he is one of the team leaders and an important part of the defense.  I hope he will reconsider. 

If he leaves, we will have to replace entire secondary. 

10 hours ago, TigerOne said:

School loyalty, commitment and dedication are a thing of the past.

Freeze is right, the me disease is destroying college football. 
It’s all about how can get rich quick and maybe the nfl.

If you are selfish and don’t want to be at Auburn please leave now and quit wasting our resources and that includes the coaches.

School loyalty was gone when school's showed they didn't have loyalty to their players. 

NCAA is why players have to move the way they do now. But everybody was fine when it was just the player getting screwed now that everything is on a level playing field now people want to pay attention. 

I love that the NCAA is being exposed now.

Scott seemed to love Auburn. Him leaving just seems real odd. 

I know the clash between Roberts & McGriff was McGriff had a major problem with the way Roberts addressed his players. Maybe McGriff leaving has turned this strictly into a money thing or he wants to spend his last year with an already built team that can make the playoffs. 

Not good. Lots of instability right now. HC looking a bit lost this season on how to be a CEO. Losses exacerbate the issues.