Auburn Player Transfer Portal Thread

NWALA Tiger

5 hours ago, NWALA Tiger said:

Who will be the 1st AU player to enter the portal. I will say.. JD Rhym DB..

I hope not, we need him. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, bigbird said:

I hope not, we need him. 

I hope not either. If he doesn’t transfer we’ve pretty much got our 2 starting corners for next year already set in Rhym and Kayin Lee

• Like 1

12 hours ago, NWALA Tiger said:

Please not a DB we really need!!!

My guess is Robby or one of the many WRs who will be asked to find a nice little FCS school to play at next year.  

15 hours ago, NWALA Tiger said:

He’s got a ton of opportunity to play and/or start next year. 

• Like 2

21 hours ago, NWALA Tiger said:

Isn’t he only a sophomore? Secondary playing time will open up a lot next year. Do you know anything? Or just speculating since he’s had no play time?

Just now, ScotsAU said:

Isn’t he only a sophomore? Secondary playing time will open up a lot next year. Do you know anything? Or just speculating since he’s had no play time?

Speculation.  Heard he was in Freezes dog house.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, TecmoBoJackson said:

Robby for sure.

Not necessarily. But I think freeze needs to have a serious conversation about h how he can contribute. I was hopeful he’d turned a corner last off-season as a QB. But it didn’t happen, and is very unlikely to ever happen at this point. But his athleticism is a weapon. I’d loved to see him moved around the field in different roles. The only question is whether he is willing to accept being something other than a QB. 

3 hours ago, RunInRed said:

IMG_1515.jpeg

What WRs do we need other than the starters?!?  Me personally, I was disappointed in our WRs, so it’s not that big of a deal. Pick up 1-2 in transfer portal plus the studs coming in plus the few we keep=we will be just fine if we lose some WRs! 

• Like 1

Auburn DL Enyce Sledge plans to enter the NCAA Transfer Portal

by:Justin Hokanson•18 minute

AUBURN — Redshirt freshman Enyce Sledge announced his intentions to enter the NCAA Transfer Portal on Monday evening.

The portal officially opens on December 4 and closes on January 3. Players simply have to enter the portal by January 3 to be eligible to transfer elsewhere. They can make their decision whenever they’d like after entering the portal.

Career production: Sledge redshirted during the 2022 season and only saw 11 snaps in two games during the 2023 season. He didn’t record any stats.

Prospect history: Sledge is a former 3-star recruit from the Monroe, La., where he was ranked the No. 100 DL and No. 37 prospect in Louisiana according to the On3 Sports Consensus prospect rankings.

What does Sledge’s departure mean?

Enyce Sledge didn’t play in 2022 and barely played in 2023. While Auburn needs to rebuild the defensive line ahead of 2024 with the expected departure of Marcus Harris to the NFL, Sledge wasn’t projected to be an impact player. His departure will open up a roster spot for Jeremy Garrett to potentially add another high school defensive lineman or additional defensive linemen from the portal. Sledge can try and find a better opportunity somewhere else and Auburn can bring in more competitive talent for the SEC grind.

Impact of Sledge’s departure? Minimal.

Edited by Paladin