Auburn Player Transfer Portal Thread

NWALA Tiger

23 minutes ago, NWALA Tiger said:

He will have to transfer down to play next yr

Or he could be like the Vandy WR and enter now but not transfer until he graduates 

He should really move to another position, it could have been mutually beneficial for all. This seems like a mistake on his part but good luck to him regardless. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, W.E.D said:

Or he could be like the Vandy WR and enter now but not transfer until he graduates 

True.  It does limit your options some.  I think one of the On3 guys mentioned we may have held off on the Vandy WR because he wouldn't be here until summer at the earliest.  We really want whoever we get to be here for spring practice.

Just now, TitanTiger said:

True.  It does limit your options some.  I think one of the On3 guys mentioned we may have held off on the Vandy WR because he wouldn't be here until summer at the earliest.  We really want whoever we get to be here for spring practice.

Its either now and try to get a spot and or wait and there isn't a spot.

Leota did the same thing and waited to graduate 

32 minutes ago, CR said:

Please let this mean a transfer is coming in.

Walker White will take Robby's spot. Thorne, Walker White, Geriner and Hank Brown for 2024 but that leaves no experience if Thorne goes down. If Geriner transfers, we will have to get a portal QB.

Edited by TeamZero77

53 minutes ago, NWALA Tiger said:

He will have to transfer down to play next yr

I know WED already mentioned Robby entering now but grad transferring but I wonder if that 14 day ruling that a judge put into effect where a 2 time transfer doesn't have to sit out a year, I wonder if Robby will take advantage of that?

TJ Finley did the grad transfer thing last spring to Texas State. Whether Robby grad transfers or goes down to a lower level team, I hope he finds the right situation for himself because the guy has a ton of heart.

• Like 2

• RunInRed changed the title to Robby Ashford hits the portal

So Robby can not or will not play in the bowl game? HG will be the backup unless he tests the waters. I guess HB can play in the bowl game without losing his redshirt. Several walkons willing and able should the need arise.

This is probably what Freeze needed so he can finally give up the dream that, next time out, he’ll finally turn the corner. I don’t think Freeze was ever going to give it up otherwise.

This means Holden should get all the reps at 2nd team for bowl practice.  Hopefully Auburn can put it on Maryland and get Holden some real playing time.  

• Like 4

Probably best for all parties involved.   I wish nothing but the best for Robby.

• Like 3

I was hoping to see him stay and convert to a gadget player. His athleticism and arm strength would’ve been great for trick plays if we committed to using him primarily in gadget roles and not at QB. 
But I also can’t fault him. He isn’t going to see the field at QB again at Auburn I wouldn’t think (aside from a wildcat like formation). So if he’s dead set on playing QB, he’s best off transferring. Heck, it worked for TJ Finley. Some Auburn fans have expressed what I think was unwarranted hatred toward him (and toward TJ for that matter). I have none. These were both young men doing their best for Auburn while they were here. Anyone who says otherwise is speculating without any evidence to the contrary. Good luck to him. Hope he slays running over D2 or group of 5 teams.

Edited by ScotsAU

4 hours ago, W.E.D said:

Do we really GAS how it plays out? Does it matter? 

4 hours ago, NoALtiger said:

He should really move to another position, it could have been mutually beneficial for all. This seems like a mistake on his part but good luck to him regardless. 

Isn't him moving to another position up to the coaches?

• Like 1

I have to hand it to him. He came into a bad situation, sorry receivers, sorry OL and last but certainly not least extremely sorry head coach. I wish him the best  unless he ends up on  a team that plays us. 

• Like 1