Auburn Player Transfer Portal Thread

NWALA Tiger

Seems like a lot of bad info is flying around.  It does sound like Auburn may be about to pick up some portal players.  My guess would be the WR.  I’d like to snag that MSU lineman too.

• Like 1

On 1/6/2024 at 11:27 AM, Win4AU said:

Gotta believe Kieonte is looking for more money.  

I gotta wonder how sustainable all this transfer and NIL stuff is?  There’s really no benefit to the big money donors to continually dump millions into the program year after year.  No tax breaks.  No ROI.  At this point the players just need to be able to go to the NFL out of high school if they can.  Rich people didn’t get rich throwing money away which is basically what the NIL is. 

Gotta admit, I’m not a huge NIL fan, but it is what it is at this point.  Just wondering if / how long until you see NIL with multi year contracts / obligations?   

Edited by GoAU
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, GoAU said:

Gotta admit, I’m not a huge NIL fan, but it is what it is at this point.  Just wondering if / how long until you see NIL with multi year contracts / obligations?   

It's either that or the whole thing dies a slow, ugly death.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Mikey said:

It's either that or the whole thing dies a slow, ugly death.

I agree 100%. There have got to be some guardrails put into place ASAP or this thing will spiral out of control quickly (if it hasn’t already). Maybe have a multi year deal in place like @GoAU suggested with an NIL buyout to whatever school they go to?

Edited by PigskinPat
  • Like 2

22 minutes ago, PigskinPat said:

I agree 100%. There have got to be some guardrails put into place ASAP or this thing will spiral out of control quickly (if it hasn’t already). Maybe have a multi year deal in place like @GoAU suggested with an NIL buyout to whatever school they go to?

Don’t see how that slows movement.

39 minutes ago, Hank2020 said:

Don’t see how that slows movement.

Well, if a school has to buy out an NIL contract and offer a new NIL contract, that could be millions of dollars. They may consider it worth it for the highest profile athletes, but they can’t do that for all of them. If other schools aren’t dangling carrots then players might not be so quick to leave.

NILs could also be structured to have a multi year incentive or forfeiture of a percentage of money if the athlete leaves after one or two years.

Edited by PigskinPat
  • Like 1

To make things even more complicated (and I’m admittedly NOT an expert) but I don’t think the NIL is signed with the school, but with a third party….

I would imagine there would have to be some sort of repayment agreement with the 3rd party in question?

• Like 1

Neither were going to start and aren't huge losses.  Best of luck to them

• Like 1
  • Angry 1

I though the portal window already closed for AU players?

I remember the hype of getting Kauffman and Derek Mason visiting his dad in prison etc.  Good Luck to both of them.

Grad students confirmed.  Good for them getting their degree.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

They are aware of the transfers coming in and their NIL.  We need depth and these 2 know it.  It’s a move on their part to get an increase in NIL from Auburn to stay.

like it or not we will go through this every year.  

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, AUY2K said:

They are aware of the transfers coming in and their NIL.  We need depth and these 2 know it.  It’s a move on their part to get an increase in NIL from Auburn to stay.

Part of the show!!

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, AUY2K said:

We aren't paying backups.  I'd guess Kaufman is going to MTSU and Riley was probably not on the two deep.

• Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, CameronCrazy said:

How can they enter the portal after the window had supposedly closed? 

Grads can enter whenever they'd like

• Like 3

3 hours ago, W.E.D said:

Neither were going to start and aren't huge losses.  Best of luck to them

Why?

16 minutes ago, NCAubs said:

Why?

15 minutes ago, NCAubs said:

Why?

Why not?

• Like 1