Auburn Player Transfer Portal Thread

NWALA Tiger

1 hour ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

Well, the run heavy offense with Thorne was bred out of necessity pretty much. I don’t think he’ll be doing that much with the caliber of receivers we should have now. Hopefully they do gameplan for the run to open the pass up though. 

I do agree that Robby obv faced more run fronts, but I think it’s pretty fair to admit his vision was worse than Thorne’s this season when both were in designed short yard run situations. It’s not like Payton didn’t have any of those where the defense keyed in on the run. Maybe at his next stop, with a potentially balanced offense, Robby will get to play easier and read what the defense is giving him better. 

You can have the greatest WRs the world has ever seen, but the OL has to give the QB time to find them.  Our OL still sucked in pass protect.  

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, KillenTime said:

You can have the greatest WRs the world has ever seen, but the OL has to give the QB time to find them.  Our OL still sucked in pass protect.  

If you remember RA started the Ole Miss game.   In that first series, he ran the ball 4 times.   3 were for no gain or a loss and one was for 10 plus yards.   One of the no gains or a loss was on 4th and 1.  We brought Cobb in motion, and RA should have handed it to him.  He didn't and Ole Miss scored a TD a few plays later. He can pick up chunk yards when there is a hole, but it is rare that you see him create something out of nothing.

23 minutes ago, KillenTime said:

Better design can help with that.  Basic west coast concept of two step drop and release would be a good start.

1 minute ago, auburnphan said:

Better design can help with that.  Basic west coast concept of two step drop and release would be a good start.

Since this offense had never been fully installed, I don't think its fair to assume a new concept could be added.

You can use aspects of your offense that more closely relate to that type of approach. But we are not at the point where you just throw something out there before you have actually had the chance to teach your offense.

CHF is installing his version of the offense. unfortunately there will be growing pains. But he's building for the future, not for the now. Its a sad, but necessary, trade off.

And we did see a change in the passing game to more quick passes. Truthfully they should have started there and added in the more difficult schemes. But apparently it looked good in pre-season practice.

35 minutes ago, KillenTime said:

I don’t think this post relates to my primary point. That being said, I’d need to know the stats/grades behind that one tbh. I don’t remember it as being THAT bad

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, CCTAU said:

Since this offense had never been fully installed, I don't think its fair to assume a new concept could be added.

You can use aspects of your offense that more closely relate to that type of approach. But we are not at the point where you just throw something out there before you have actually had the chance to teach your offense.

CHF is installing his version of the offense. unfortunately there will be growing pains. But he's building for the future, not for the now. Its a sad, but necessary, trade off.

And we did see a change in the passing game to more quick passes. Truthfully they should have started there and added in the more difficult schemes. But apparently it looked good in pre-season practice.

There were so many problems with the offense in basic execution almost every series.  Wrong routes, wrong reads, missed blocks, etc.  every single person who worked at offense had a degree of responsibility for that disaster of a performance this season.

hugh’s best skill is adapting his offense and play calling to his qbs strengths.  It wasn’t the focus early in the season and it showed.  We will be better, no doubt.  Hugh can hide or mask mediocre offensive line play better than we have seen in decades from our coaching staffs.  My main concern with Hugh is can he overcome the bad loss ability he has shown most seasons.  

3 hours ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

I don’t think this post relates to my primary point. That being said, I’d need to know the stats/grades behind that one tbh. I don’t remember it as being THAT bad

I can't give you stats but it was that bad. Maybe better than last year and the one prior which were historically awful, but it was still bad, and oddly enough, against some of the worse teams. Cal and NMST come to mind.

1 hour ago, AEAugirl said:

Wilky Denaud just hit the portal 

Never get recruited by Bryan Harsin 💀 💀 💀

• Like 1

2 hours ago, gman87 said:

I can't give you stats but it was that bad. Maybe better than last year and the one prior which were historically awful, but it was still bad, and oddly enough, against some of the worse teams. Cal and NMST come to mind.

“I can’t tell your specifics but believe me when I tell you.”  

21 hours ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

Geez.  

21 hours ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

It relates because you insinuated the run heavy offense was because of the lack of talent at WR and in the future that would not be the case based on the WRs we are potentially adding.  I'm saying if we can't pass protect any better than we have the last 4 or 5 seasons it won't matter what WRs we bring in.  The OL has to get fixed.  Our running game got better when we added TEs to block.  We were running 2 TE sets and many times 3 TE sets to run block.  Our pass protection was horrible again.  

2 hours ago, KillenTime said:

It relates because you insinuated the run heavy offense was because of the lack of talent at WR and in the future that would not be the case based on the WRs we are potentially adding.  I'm saying if we can't pass protect any better than we have the last 4 or 5 seasons it won't matter what WRs we bring in.  The OL has to get fixed.  Our running game got better when we added TEs to block.  We were running 2 TE sets and many times 3 TE sets to run block.  Our pass protection was horrible again.  

From the looks of recruiting HS and the portal, Freeze is working on both.

20 hours ago, NCAubs said:

“I can’t tell your specifics but believe me when I tell you.”  

Sometimes obvious is enough.

• Like 1

i wish him the best. he was fun to watch.

• Like 2