Lebron James Sr.

tinman1

4 hours ago, GTNupe11 said:

No, but his wife was. 

And, she had a huge smile on her face.   I strongly suspect she had a great time (despite the score), and we treated her with lots of respect like she deserves.

Edited by LPTiger
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Love 2

5 hours ago, GTNupe11 said:

No, but his wife was. 

I'm a little surprised LJ is flying his bride in a G280 -- Honeywells are fine but the G700 with Rolls Royce powerplants are more fit for a king and a queen.  We have several pilots here who can weigh in on this critically important first world concern.   

Sr was at Bronny’s first start last week. A loss to LBS I believe, when Sr remained seated during the national anthem. I was wondering too if he was at Auburn if our patrons would gently remind him to stand at attention during the anthem. No idea if his wife did or not. The telecast did show her a few times.

• Facepalm 4

8 hours ago, jj3jordan said:

Sr was at Bronny’s first start last week. A loss to LBS I believe, when Sr remained seated during the national anthem. I was wondering too if he was at Auburn if our patrons would gently remind him to stand at attention during the anthem. No idea if his wife did or not. The telecast did show her a few times.

How ironic is it that forced nationalism is a thing in a country dubbed "the land of the free"?

• Like 4
  • Thanks 3
  • Dislike 4

11 hours ago, LPTiger said:

I'm a little surprised LJ is flying his bride in a G280 -- Honeywells are fine but the G700 with Rolls Royce powerplants are more fit for a king and a queen.  We have several pilots here who can weigh in on this critically important first world concern.   

Lebron should fly in a damn ole Cessna crop duster lol 

1 hour ago, BustemBigBlue said:

He’s free to sit for the anthem. He won’t be locked up for it like he probably would be in North Korea. Others are free to judge him for it. Freedom all around. 

Except our resident LEO suggested we should "gently remind him to stand at attention during the anthem." That's not the same as judging him for sitting.

And what was it Jesus said about judging? Oh right. Amazing how quick Christians are to forget about that when it comes to national pride, huh?

BTW, how bad is it that you have to go straight to North Korea to magnify how exceptional our freedom is? Yay! We're better than the absolute worst nation in the world regarding human rights violations!! Woohoo!!!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Rednilla said:

Except our resident LEO suggested we should "gently remind him to stand at attention during the anthem." That's not the same as judging him for sitting.

And what was it Jesus said about judging? Oh right. Amazing how quick Christians are to forget about that when it comes to national pride, huh?

BTW, how bad is it that you have to go straight to North Korea to magnify how exceptional our freedom is? Yay! We're better than the absolute worst nation in the world regarding human rights violations!! Woohoo!!!

If you are referring to me I am not a LEO. And I merely wondered if our patrons would react. Also Jesus was referencing a potential stoning regarding a sinful woman. He was making a point to others who were guilty of the same sin to cast the first stone. In a smaller less life losing scenario if the patrons who had actually never sat for the anthem to disrespect our flag and our nation, then they actually would have been “without sin” regarding the incident in question.  So they would have been “righteous” to politely suggest that all patrons rise for the anthem.  Showing respect for the flag is not “forced nationalism”.  Departing the country you hate is always an option.

• Dislike 1

6 hours ago, JDUBB4AU said:

Lebron should fly in a damn ole Cessna crop duster lol 

Has Cessna ever made a crop duster?

NM. I looked it up. The 188 was an agricultural plane.

Edited by CCTAU
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, jj3jordan said:

If you are referring to me I am not a LEO. And I merely wondered if our patrons would react. Also Jesus was referencing a potential stoning regarding a sinful woman. He was making a point to others who were guilty of the same sin to cast the first stone. In a smaller less life losing scenario if the patrons who had actually never sat for the anthem to disrespect our flag and our nation, then they actually would have been “without sin” regarding the incident in question.  So they would have been “righteous” to politely suggest that all patrons rise for the anthem.  Showing respect for the flag is not “forced nationalism”.  Departing the country you hate is always an option.

"Gently reminding" a person to stand at attention for the anthem, however, IS forcing nationalism upon someone. I'm sorry that you don't understand that, but it's a fact of the matter.

And I never said I hate the country. What I hate is people telling me how I have to go about worshipping the country through pledge and song reverence in order to be a good citizen. About how I should depart before daring criticize. How dare I? Can't have any of our subjects thinking for themselves, now, can we? 🙄

• Like 1

3 hours ago, CCTAU said:

Has Cessna ever made a crop duster?

NM. I looked it up. The 188 was an agricultural plane.

I had a big ole Duramax truck and they buzzed me all the time in between Moulton and Russellville AL. Scared me to death 

3 hours ago, Rednilla said:

"Gently reminding" a person to stand at attention for the anthem, however, IS forcing nationalism upon someone. I'm sorry that you don't understand that, but it's a fact of the matter.

And I never said I hate the country. What I hate is people telling me how I have to go about worshipping the country through pledge and song reverence in order to be a good citizen. About how I should depart before daring criticize. How dare I? Can't have any of our subjects thinking for themselves, now, can we? 🙄

Gently reminding is not forcing. Respect is not worship.  Perhaps you are not as deep a thinker as you perceive. I understand though. Your argument here is about people telling you how to act, not about the substance of the post. If you feel that happens regularly, maybe there is a reason. Next time keep your seat and study the dictionary app.

• Haha 1
  • Facepalm 2

8 hours ago, jj3jordan said:

Gently reminding is not forcing. Respect is not worship.  Perhaps you are not as deep a thinker as you perceive. I understand though. Your argument here is about people telling you how to act, not about the substance of the post. If you feel that happens regularly, maybe there is a reason. Next time keep your seat and study the dictionary app.

I have never once failed to stand at attention for the anthem, I'm merely defending a fellow citizen's right to choose to abstain. See, I actually believe in the things that this country was supposedly founded upon. I don't think that what the government has become in any way fits the founders' vision for governance of the people, but that's a conversation for another time.

And, again, gently reminding is forcing the issue, whether you admit it or not.

Might as well table the political anthem discussion for the other forum.  This will end up with a closed thread.

4 hours ago, keeperoftheplains said:

For the record, there is a command to the woman at the end of the story that gets dropped 100% of the time when it's quoted out of context.

Except, you aren't the one who gets to make that judgement. That's the whole point. Trying to hammer home the point about the woman going now and sinning no more suggests that her actions have some bearing upon yours. It doesn't diminish the notion that you, as the bystander, are not to judge her actions, whether she continues to live in sin or not. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, keeperoftheplains said:

For the record, there is a command to the woman at the end of the story that gets dropped 100% of the time when it's quoted out of context.

The real point is,,, we are responsible for our own sin.  We all have enough of our own to worry about.  We don't need to constantly look at the sin of others in order to feel self righteous.

Jesus is a wonderful God.  Christians should stop trying to rule the world and, go back to following Him.

• Like 2