2024 3* DL Kansas Transfer Gage Keys Commits To AU!

Sizzle

Auburn adds commitment from Kansas transfer DL Gage Keys

Keys previously played at Minnesota and Kansas.

Christian Clemente7 mins

Auburn is once again going to Kansas for a defensive lineman.

Former Jayhawks defensive lineman Gage Keys, who was in for a visit on Saturday and Sunday, has announced his commitment to Auburn. Keys has two years of eligibility and arrives to try and replace Marcus Harris, who transferred from Kansas to Auburn before now heading to the NFL.

"We play against the best competition in the country," Keys said. "I feel like I’m one of the best D-tackles in the country and I’m ready to prove myself and get this thing going.  I’d say probably about halfway through the first day I knew that this is somewhere I needed to be. The scheme was going to put me in positions to make a lot of plays and I knew I could be very successful here."

Keys started his career at Minnesota, but did not play in 2020 or 2021 before getting some game action in 2022 and totaling five tackles. At Kansas in 2023, Keys tallied 21 tackles. He's listed at 6-foot-5 and 290 pounds.

Originally from Hilliard, Ohio, Keys was the No. 838 player and No. 38 SDE in the Class of 2020. Keys built up a strong relationship in a quick amount of time with defensive line coach Jeremy Garrett and defensive line assistant coach Vontrell King-Williams.

"I definitely had a good time chopping it up with him and getting to know him as a person and how he coaches and develops," Keys said. "I think he’s one of the best D-line coaches in the country so I’m excited to get to work with him."

Keys plans to move to Auburn on Jan. 6 and enroll for classes in the spring in order to go through spring practice.

His message to the fans?

"I hope y’all are ready to get one of the best D-tackles in the country," Keys said. "I’m going to make a lot of plays and we’re going to win a whole lot of games."

Edited by toddc
  • Like 2
  • Love 1

• toddc changed the title to Kansas DT Transfer Gage Keys Committs

I assume this guys will play all positions on the D line? With his size he can play a 3, but not sure on his speed or ability to set the edge to force the action back inside to the LBs. 

• toddc changed the title to Kansas DL Transfer Gage Keys Committed
  • ellitor changed the title to 2024 3* DL Kansas Transfer Gage Keys Commits To AU!
  • ellitor pinned and featured this topic

Love the confidence but as an IDL I doubt he’s gone make many plays. When you play on the interior it’s tough to make the big splash plays unless you a freak of nature like Derrick Brown or Nick Fairley 

• Like 2

• ellitor unpinned this topic