*Official Auburn vs. Maryland Game Thread*

abw0004

Just now, W.E.D said:

His logic about not wanting to switch from signals to verbal play calls in 10 days makes some sense. Sound logic.

But why not just have the audio so you can drop hints, coach 2 players from the sidelines the entire game, etc.  It doesn't turn off.  Even if it is rarely used it is better to have than not.

We clearly aren’t good enough not to take advantage of every thing we could do.  

• Like 1

Just now, GreenTiger said:

Why in Pat Dyes name would he not use it???? 

Probably the same reason Hugh Freeze likes to start drives inside his own 25, vs on the 25....we don't make good coaching decisions, and furthermore we don't learn from our mistakes.

Just now, W.E.D said:

His logic about not wanting to switch from signals to verbal play calls in 10 days makes some sense. Sound logic.

But why not just have the audio so you can drop hints, coach 2 players from the sidelines the entire game, etc.  It doesn't turn off.  Even if it is rarely used it is better to have than not.

I thought he said that the powers above him made the decision not to do it.  Something about the SEC.

I can't let this helmet radio thing go. You're telling me.... the coaches intentionally opted to be AT A DISADVANTAGE?? 

Like, we want to use sign language instead of speaking directly into the QBs ear. I don't see how any coach would ever consider the NFL way of play calling to be more difficult than the college way of signals. And in this case the mic doesn't shut off lmaoooo I'm too inebriated to wrap my head around this 

I'm sorry but this is getting old, im glad he is recruiting but the coaching side just looks like crap, players just dont seem to give a dam.

Edited by bishoptf
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, bishoptf said:

I'm glad that freeze has had a good recruiting class but its getting old that the players do not seem motivated for some games like they are just going through the motions and could care less if they win or not, SMDH

Exactly, and that's on the head coaches head. It's great you can recruit some good players, but can you coach and motivate.  That's what scares the heck out of me with Freeze. 

2 minutes ago, Tigerfinz said:

I thought he said that the powers above him made the decision not to do it.  Something about the SEC.

No.  That was regarding using tablets next year