Coach Hugh Freeze

bishoptf

45 minutes ago, bishoptf said:

I am grateful that CHF has a good recruiting class coming in and next year looks better but someone, anyone please tell me how he is going to be any better at the coaching part. I'm sorry but the NMSU game and  the bowl game against Maryland along with most of the other games have just been hot garbage. Nothing I have seen this year on the field gives me any confidence that he is going to be able to get us back to the point that we want to be...I'm not a hater and have nothing against freeze but I just don't see how we are going to be that much better next year based on what I have been seeing this year....

Yes, this bowl disaster takes off a lot of luster of the outstanding recruiting class. Now people can shut up about his first year at Auburn being very similar to Satan’s at Bammer.

This game, the NMST game and the beat down at LSU, after a week off, should give us all great concern about his coaching and motivation abilities. Add to it that NONE of the six wins were against quality opponents nor did he beat anyone this year when he was an underdog.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

53 minutes ago, bishoptf said:

I am grateful that CHF has a good recruiting class coming in and next year looks better but someone, anyone please tell me how he is going to be any better at the coaching part. I'm sorry but the NMSU game and  the bowl game against Maryland along with most of the other games have just been hot garbage. Nothing I have seen this year on the field gives me any confidence that he is going to be able to get us back to the point that we want to be...I'm not a hater and have nothing against freeze but I just don't see how we are going to be that much better next year based on what I have been seeing this year....

HF has always been a mediocre hc, but those who supported him did so because why ?  He beat Saban twice ?  Chadwell basically had the same team as Freeze last year, dumped the 2 qb system and then took 8-5 Liberty to a 13-0 season.  Chadwell even beat NM State 49-35.  HF lost to NM St last year 49-14 and 31-10 this year.  HF is not a good hc, great recruiter, not a good hc.

• Like 5
  • Sad 1

2 minutes ago, Elephant Tipper said:

HF has always been a mediocre hc, but those who supported him did so because why ?  He beat Saban twice ?  Chadwell basically had the same team as Freeze last year, dumped the 2 qb system and then took 8-5 Liberty to a 13-0 season.  Chadwell even beat NM State 49-35.  HF lost to NM St last year 49-14 and 31-10 this year.  HF is not a good hc, great recruiter, not a good hc.

Agree totally and never wanted him, but those in charge must be brilliant with their choices and thinking. After 2 more crap years, Auburn will be paying it’s third coach to not actually coach. I’m in total awe at how this football program has gone to bottom four in 10 years or less. Recruiting doesn’t and never meant a damn thing if there are no good coaches to teach them. 

• Like 3

Do the rest of the AU Family a solid and GFY...

It's one f'in year. Come back and talk s*** after 2 or 3 years.

Edited by DKW 86
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1
  • Angry 1
  • Dislike 11

10 minutes ago, cbo said:

At least we know Freeze gave it his all. 

Oh wait, he literally told us he didn’t because he was focused on HS recruiting. 

Yeah....hopefully he actually coaches next year.  

• Facepalm 1

42 minutes ago, PUB78 said:

Yes, this bowl disaster takes off a lot of luster of the outstanding recruiting class. Now people can shut up about his first year at Auburn being very similar to Satan’s at Bammer.

This game, the NMST game and the beat down at LSU, after a week off, should give us all great concern about his coaching and motivation abilities. Add to it that NONE of the six wins were against quality opponents nor did he beat anyone this year when he was an underdog.

That's the big thing to me.  No quality wins, but several bad losses.  He didn't achieve, much less overachieve.

If it wasn't for the recruiting, this would have been another Harsin season.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, cbo said:

He doesn’t even try to hide it. Bizarre. 

Distancing himself from Montgomery and aligning himself with good off-field results?  Seems to do that often.

At some point he'll have to start coaching.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, W.E.D said:

Distancing himself from Montgomery and aligning himself with good off-field results?  Seems to do that often.

He does like to place blame elsewhere. 

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, DAG said:

My gosh fire your OC.

From all accounts he is

Another buyout for Auburn. 

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, sevenlee36 said:

PM can’t really be that bad, and Hugh won’t take the blame he puts it all on PM. Hugh only calls the good plays that work smh. 

Montgomery is awful. He's not capable of doing his job. He remains employed, but Hugh continues to let him develop game plans without input.

Makes little sense

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, W.E.D said:

Montgomery is awful. He's not capable of doing his job. He remains employed, but Hugh continues to let him develop game plans without input.

Makes little sense

He’s Hughes hired fall guy

• Like 3

19 minutes ago, W.E.D said:

He seems very insecure in that ability to really coach

43 minutes ago, DKW 86 said:

Do the rest of the AU Family a solid and GFY...

It's one f'in year. Come back and talk s*** after 2 or 3 years.

Hugh is that you?? I get what you are saying.

throwing games due to recruiting is bull s***. Giving up on your current roster to recruit is bull s***. This team should have been prepared and came to play. You know it and I know it. Quit the give it time bull s***. How about show some intensity on the sideline? How bout get the team fired up? He has admitted to not giving two sh**s about this team. 

• Like 6

So is he gonna retain this whole staff? Changes need to be made. It ain’t all in the players. Coaches and players NEED to go.

14 minutes ago, jptiger said:

These message board forum thingys are getting weird. That is all. Carry on. War Eagle 

THIS.  It is like a bunch of UAT imposters stirring up s***.

OP probably never played football.

A 6-6 team bowl game playing youth and a lot of players sick is for practice.

The future of the program rests on recruiting talent.  Auburn has some elite players, but most are average.  If the offensive line had the talent of UAT, then Thorne would have all day to make plays.

The game sucked today, we can all agree on that.  Railing on our Coach with one year under his belt coming into with talent near the bottom in the SEC and calling him a mediocre coach, and BOY, you are just dumb.  

Even worse, a spoiled rotten brat, that needs a life.

Hugh has time to receuit.  He has a great staff.  The talent is coming.  Sit back, STFU with your stupid comments and watch the show.

I swear, some of our fan base, acts just like the team across the state with their arrogance and delusion.

I heard some Alabama fans saying Nick Saban was going to get fired if he lost another game earlier this year.

SMDH...

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Facepalm 1
  • Dislike 1

6 minutes ago, WFE12 said:

Interesting 

Despite his drops earlier in the year, I think Fairweather came on late in the year and is becoming, dare I say, a leader.  

• Like 3