Coach Hugh Freeze

bishoptf

17 hours ago, DKW 86 said:

Do the rest of the AU Family a solid and GFY...

It's one f'in year. Come back and talk s*** after 2 or 3 years.

17 hours ago, slawtiger said:

THIS.  It is like a bunch of UAT imposters stirring up s***.

OP probably never played football.

A 6-6 team bowl game playing youth and a lot of players sick is for practice.

The future of the program rests on recruiting talent.  Auburn has some elite players, but most are average.  If the offensive line had the talent of UAT, then Thorne would have all day to make plays.

The game sucked today, we can all agree on that.  Railing on our Coach with one year under his belt coming into with talent near the bottom in the SEC and calling him a mediocre coach, and BOY, you are just dumb.  

Even worse, a spoiled rotten brat, that needs a life.

Hugh has time to receuit.  He has a great staff.  The talent is coming.  Sit back, STFU with your stupid comments and watch the show.

I swear, some of our fan base, acts just like the team across the state with their arrogance and delusion.

I heard some Alabama fans saying Nick Saban was going to get fired if he lost another game earlier this year.

SMDH...

Freeze doing so bad he's gonna get posters banned here lol

I dunno why people are getting so upset. Freeze has either came out and said or alluded to not caring about this year multiple times, It's W/Ls or it's roster.

He had already said throughout the season (publicly) that the guys on the roster aren't good enough to get the job done. As well as being too busy being the recruiting coordinator to also be the HC.

Why should he have changed for a bowl game vs Maryland?

I get being upset about it, but at game #13 too many people here are acting suprised :lol: 

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

16 hours ago, ScotsAU said:

Harsin was not a decent coach. He still has some culpability in this team’s struggles. Fairweather’s tweet kind of confirms that. Harsin created a culture of selfishness and lackluster effort. Still somewhat feeling the effects of that.

bull crap!

• Like 1
  • Dislike 1

17 hours ago, cbo said:

He doesn’t even try to hide it. Bizarre. 

Not bizarre in the current climate. 

3 hours ago, NWALA Tiger said:

You good with PT being QB next yr?

No. Hoping something much better works out someway. Hoping that for many positions. We have need pretty much anywhere you look right now. 

• Like 1

There's no way he was recruiting that damn much. We have great recruiters outside of him and Auburn routinely sleepwalks into at least a top 15 class. 

• Like 3

4 hours ago, eaglenest said:

bull crap!

Whoa buddy!  It's Sunday, watch the language 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1) Stellar recruiting class

2) Has said all along the 2024 & 2025 classes will determine his success at Auburn and this has obviously been his focus. 

3) New Mex State is a head scratcher but he has dropped games (like Tubs) at Ole Miss he should have won. 

4) No excuse for not being prepared for the bowl game. It starts with Freeze, but the assistants should have a read on their group of players and have just as much responsibility for their group being  ready. 

5) The transfer portal helps you plug holes, but implementing a new culture is a challenge with just the existing team. With so many portal players added to the existing team (old culture) getting buy in is tougher than normal.  Not making excuses for Freeze, but just saying. The incoming freshman are from winning programs, expect to win, do what is necessary to win and are an automatic fit for Freeze’s culture. 

I tend to overreact right after a bad loss like yesterday, then feel different (more rational) the next day.

If Freeze's plan was to make recruiting the top priority, even at the expense of a couple wins against mediocre teams, up to and including the bowl game, then I guess I can live with that.  I can't deny that he has recruited very well.

But I sure am anxious to see some improvement on the field.  And I'm not sure I could consider an 8-win season next year enough improvement.  We've had 3 losing seasons in a row, and have lost a lot of bowl games recently, while our main rivals are winning national championships.

I won't begrudge anybody for getting upset and complaining, but I guess I can be patient until Freeze gets his players and staff in order. 

Just glad to have Bruce Pearl to help bring some AU success in the mean time...

Edited by WillMunny
  • Like 3

Fans have no choice but to be patient, but damn I’m tired of the nonstop excuses for why a bunch of well paid men (now includes players) can’t do their jobs.  Going on a flipping decade of mediocre and recently sub-mediocre football.  🤮

• Like 8

25 minutes ago, keesler said:

Fans have no choice but to be patient, but damn I’m tired of the nonstop excuses for why a bunch of well paid men (now includes players) can’t do their jobs.  Going on a flipping decade of mediocre and recently sub-mediocre football.  🤮

Exactly. Why is it that we have to have a great recruiting class OR we can have a team that looks prepared for a football game but we can’t have both because….?

• Like 2

12 hours ago, PigskinPat said:

Exactly. Why is it that we have to have a great recruiting class OR we can have a team that looks prepared for a football game but we can’t have both because….?

It seems to be our lot as Auburn. If football defense is decent, offense can't maneuver itself out of the bathroom. If offense is great, they can barely score enough to offset the points the defense gives up. If football is good, basketball is 'down.' If basketball is a F4 contender, football is beyond a joke. If recruiting is good (rank and quality at needed positions), the on field execution is worse than Vandy. We're even steven.

seinfeld even steven.jpeg

In the Fiesta Bowl we have a 12-0 Liberty Team recruited by Freeze and another team with our legacy qb. We will be back, just not yet. 

Edited by DKW 86
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, DKW 86 said:

In the Firsta Bowl we have a 12-0 Team recruited by Freeze and another team with our legacy qb. We will be back, just not yet. 

Just because he recruited them doesn’t me they would be 12-0. Someone still has to coach them. Their current coach was able to get a win against NMS. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, e808 said:

Just because he recruited them doesn’t me they would be 12-0. Someone still has to coach them. Their current coach was able to get a win against NMS. 

Turd troll

19 hours ago, WillMunny said:

I tend to overreact right after a bad loss like yesterday, then feel different (more rational) the next day.

If Freeze's plan was to make recruiting the top priority, even at the expense of a couple wins against mediocre teams, up to and including the bowl game, then I guess I can live with that.  I can't deny that he has recruited very well.

But I sure am anxious to see some improvement on the field.  And I'm not sure I could consider an 8-win season next year enough improvement.  We've had 3 losing seasons in a row, and have lost a lot of bowl games recently, while our main rivals are winning national championships.

I won't begrudge anybody for getting upset and complaining, but I guess I can be patient until Freeze gets his players and staff in order. 

Just glad to have Bruce Pearl to help bring some AU success in the mean time...

People forget that the Covid year (2020) was a losing season too, but thanks to a blown obvious officiating error, Auburn won.   Also a questionable call on a goal line play in the Kentucky game that year.   

As far as being lucky in wins as some are pointing out with CHF at Ole Miss, people must forget all the plays Gus had while coaching at Auburn against Bama and UGA.   Selective memory I guess 

Turd troll

grow the hell up man

• Like 3
  • Love 1

2 hours ago, aubaseball said:

People forget that the Covid year (2020) was a losing season too, but thanks to a blown obvious officiating error, Auburn won.   Also a questionable call on a goal line play in the Kentucky game that year.   

As far as being lucky in wins as some are pointing out with CHF at Ole Miss, people must forget all the plays Gus had while coaching at Auburn against Bama and UGA.   Selective memory I guess 

Most if not all teams need a few plays to go their way to win some game. Run the Bama play 99 more times and the probably don’t complete one. The UGA prayer shouldn’t have been needed as Murray clearly was short so the wrong was righted. Far as Bama wins even if the kick six don’t happen u going to OT. The other two Auburn won those games. It’s clear u don’t care for Gus but in most games u need the ball to bounce ur way and hope the officiating is consistent.

Edited by e808
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, DAG said:

grow the hell up man

I am 60 plus and I guarantee more mature than you. Auburn's issues are roster issues. If you cant see that, that is on you.

I would rather win big in the future than win 1-2 more ball games now.

• Like 1

I am 60 plus and I guarantee more mature than you. Auburn's issues are roster issues. If you cant see that, that is on you.

I would rather win big in the future than win 1-2 more ball games now.

It should not come down to that choice. I’d rather have both. Shows steady growth.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Hank2020 said:

It should not come down to that choice. I’d rather have both. Shows steady growth.

And the grown-ups choose the Saban Process.

Remember LAMO?

And the grown-ups choose the Saban Process.

Remember LAMO?

So, we should expect 11 wins and a spot in SEC championship game next yr?

7 minutes ago, DKW 86 said:

I am 60 plus and I guarantee more mature

Only by age. Clearly you are mentally immature to handle rebuttals. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, NWALA Tiger said:

So, we should expect 11 wins and a spot in SEC championship game next yr?

Maybe year three...

• Like 1

1 minute ago, DAG said:

Only by age. Clearly you are mentally immature to handle rebuttals. 

Rebuttals at my level yes. I have been in this too many years to want the temp fix. I want the long term Process answer. 

Stable, Winning, Consistent. We do not have the players nor the player attitudes for that at the moment.

https://www.al.com/auburnfootball/2023/12/loose-leashes-and-the-disease-of-me-plague-auburns-locker-room-hugh-freeze-must-fix-it-in-2024.html