Coach Hugh Freeze

bishoptf

9 hours ago, TigerOne said:

Maybe the coach has no business being at Auburn.

His honeymoon and pathetic lies/excuses are over.

Auburn has regressed this season in coaching and player development.

Yes, CHF should have just stated "we practiced really well this week" and everything would have been okay. 😉

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

Wrt on the field coaching.....

3 hours ago, W.E.D said:

Wow, this site would put this out there to show that Auburn fans are not supportive of the coach? This allows ESPN to say Auburn fans are the most ridiculous unrealistic fans ever. This tweet was not needed in year one and needs to be removed.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Auburn93 said:

Wow, this site would put this out there to show that Auburn fans are not supportive of the coach? This allows ESPN to say Auburn fans are the most ridiculous unrealistic fans ever. This tweet was not needed in year one and needs to be removed.

ESPN will say whatever they want regardless of what is tweeted. I think the tweet is spot on.

• Like 3

14 hours ago, TeamZero77 said:

Saban usually loses in OT or by a few points. His big losses are 2 TD's by Ohio State or a 12 point loss to Auburn in 2017. 

Well, there was that 44-16 nail biter loss to Clemson in ‘19 but you’re right, he’s aggravatingly consistent. 

• Love 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, W.E.D said:

This is completely fair. The NM St and Maryland games were embarrassing. They looked unprepared. The 4th and 31 defense, with rushing only 2, was the worst play I’ve ever witnessed. If he’s not looking to upgrade the QB position, he should be held accountable for what happens at QB next year. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

13 minutes ago, woodford said:

ESPN will say whatever they want regardless of what is tweeted. I think the tweet is spot on.

I think the tweet is a piece of crap but that’s just my opinion. 

• Like 2

Just now, creed said:

Who at AUFamily posted that tweet?

5 minutes ago, zeroforwinger said:

This is completely fair. The NM St and Maryland games were embarrassing. They looked unprepared. The 4th and 31 defense, with rushing only 2, was the worst play I’ve ever witnessed. If he’s not looking to upgrade the QB position, he should be held accountable for what happens at QB next year. 

Right.

We can lose games, but we can't continue to look incompetent

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, creed said:

Agree. The first part isn’t what I necessarily disagree with but the honeymoon is over part could have been left out. 

23 minutes ago, gr82be said:

Agree. The first part isn’t what I necessarily disagree with but the honeymoon is over part could have been left out. 

I just don’t understand how a forum (AUFamily) thinks it can collectively speak for all its members. Weird and just not fair in my opinion. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, creed said:

I just don’t understand how a forum (AUFamily) thinks it can collectively speak for all its members. Weird and just not fair in my opinion. 

Where did they say that they are explicitly speaking collectively for all their members? They said "we" that could refer to the admin who actually run the site.

No one on Twitter (or the world) knows you're a member unless you say otherwise. Weird thing to get all bent out of shape about. 

These coaches should and do get the fair criticism because they are paid so much and so much time and money go into these programs. If Auburn beat writers (or even forums/mouthpieces of the fanbase like this) spoke out more like they should have against Harsin he could've been gone sooner.

• Like 4

16 minutes ago, woodford said:

Where did they say that they are explicitly speaking collectively for all their members? They said "we" that could refer to the admin who actually run the site.

Not knowing who made the post it’s difficult to say for sure. I think if you ask your members to donate to help fund the site and then make a statement, one could take that as speaking for the members. The donations are voluntary and not required so in acknowledgment of that I won’t say more on that but I get creed and his point. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, creed said:

The tweet is accurate and the author has every right to post it. No one reads that and thinks, "wow, every member of AUFamily has come to this exact same conclusion." 

To answer your question, I'm pretty sure @RunInRedposted it. He is very pro-Freeze. He has many tweets I don't agree with and it doesn't bother me. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, zeroforwinger said:

They didn't rush 2 they had 2 just kind of stand there and do next to nothing about applying pressure and we all know the rest of the story. This staff as well as coaches to come together and have a come to Jesus meeting.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, woodford said:

No one on Twitter (or the world) knows you're a member unless you say otherwise. Weird thing to get all bent out of shape about. 

These coaches should and do get the fair criticism because they are paid so much and so much time and money go into these programs. If Auburn beat writers (or even forums/mouthpieces of the fanbase like this) spoke out more like they should have against Harsin he could've been gone sooner.

I’m not bent out of shape about it as much as you think, but this kind of thing currently happens all the time where someone or some group is elevated to speak or opine collectively for a group. AUFamily is a group. 

Carry on. It’s just my opinion that’s all. 

Edited by creed
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Auburn93 said:

2 hours ago, creed said:

EH I have no issue with what they do,tweet etc..it's there site and they make the rules. I'm free to agree or disagree and go wherever I want to hang out. I will say that if you read the full tweet I think most folks missed the part at the bottom:

Fair? Agree/Disagree?

Now I read that more of a question than a statement, like they were wanting people to weigh in with their opinion to stimulate conversation and discussion. Thats just my .02..I will say though that I agree with the statement, good/great coaches can and do both they are not mutually exclusive, quit making excuses, your being paid to do a job, do your job and everything will take care of itself, recruit, win games and all the other stuff that comes with being a head coach. I think the bowl game is even a much worse look when you think of folks traveling, hotel etc...I mean I know I'm not earning 6m so the folks that paid to travel and spend their hard earn money deserve more than what then what they got...thats not how you rebuild a program with your fan base. Not like they barely lost or were in the game, it was another blow out, embarrassment. I mean why even go if your not going to put the work in and effort, good grief...

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, bishoptf said:

EH I have no issue with what they do,tweet etc..it's there site and they make the rules. I'm free to agree or disagree and go wherever I want to hang out. I will say that if you read the full tweet I think most folks missed the part at the bottom:

Now I read that more of a question than a statement, like they were wanting people to weigh in with their opinion to stimulate conversation and discussion. Thats just my .02..I will say though that I agree with the statement, good/great coaches can and do both they are not mutually exclusive, quit making excuses, your being paid to do a job, do your job and everything will take care of itself, recruit, win games and all the other stuff that comes with being a head coach. I think the bowl game is even a much worse look when you think of folks traveling, hotel etc...I mean I know I'm not earning 6m so the folks that paid to travel and spend their hard earn money deserve more than what then what they got...thats not how you rebuild a program with your fan base. Not like they barely lost or were in the game, it was another blow out, embarrassment. I mean why even go if your not going to put the work in and effort, good grief...

That’s the sole reason I hate the words throw away season. Most fans don’t have money to throw away. At least show proof of concept or have them prepared. Its too early in the process to expect to win every game but just look ready and compete 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, cbo said:

The tweet is accurate and the author has every right to post it. No one reads that and thinks, "wow, every member of AUFamily has come to this exact same conclusion." 

To answer your question, I'm pretty sure @RunInRedposted it. He is very pro-Freeze. He has many tweets I don't agree with and it doesn't bother me. 

But if it’s a personal opinion why use the site name. Would surprise me if this individual did not have their own personal account with which to use for personal opinions. May not have thought about it but definitely should have IMO. Whether you personally agree with the opinion or not doesn’t have anything to do with whether the Sites name should be used.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, creed said:

Who at AUFamily posted that tweet?

I did.

Big whoop, wanna fight about it? :lol: 

Honestly that tweet seemed nice. Imagine if they just tweeted out excerpts from gameday threads after a turnover lol

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Hank2020 said:

Whether you personally agree with the opinion or not doesn’t have anything to do with whether the Sites name should be used.

Well he owns the site so what he does with it is his own choosing including tweet. Our opinions are irrelevant in that manner 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I feel like Hugh is at a point where he was one of the better carriage/wagon makers and the car was developed.  He needs to decide to keep making wagons or adapt and start making cars.

54 minutes ago, DAG said:

Well he owns the site so what he does with it is his own choosing including tweet. Our opinions are irrelevant in that manner 

Agree, that piece of info definitely changes things.

• Like 2